Head Tracking keeps RC Motion 3 rotation always-on?
160 1 5-24 20:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jphughan
lvl.2

United States

I'm still getting acquainted with my Avata 2. When I first started using the RC Motion 3, I found that I really liked the design where staying off the trigger allowed you to turn the controller without causing the drone to rotate, and you had to instead press the trigger to an initial detente that would allow drone rotation but still not allow the drone to move forward. Excellent setup.

But I started experimenting with Head Tracking, and I noticed that when Head Tracking is enabled, turning the RC Motion 3 controller always causes the drone to turn, even when not touching the trigger. Since physically turning my head also causes the drone to rotate in this mode, I found it more difficult to maintain a steady view when hovering. Of course I could press the Brake button, but that also disables rotation based on Head Tracking.

Is this design intentional or a firmware bug? It's not obvious why enabling Head Tracking should cause the RC Motion 3 rotation to be always-on and remove the convenient design of being able to take your finger off the trigger if you need to move the controller without affecting the drone.
5-24 20:32
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this concern to the relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted.
5-25 20:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules