513 31 5-27 06:43
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

I decidded to try the FPV Gimbal settings on the Mavic 3. Get the turns with some added safety for now. I may have overdone the turns. I have to work on flying oit more smoothly. I don't want to make anyone dizzy. If anyone has pointers on how to make this mode look better let me know. This was the first flight in this mode.

5-27 06:43
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think you have to really dial down the stick sensitivity or be extremely gentle starting any curves.
5-27 09:47
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 5-27 09:47
I think you have to really dial down the stick sensitivity or be extremely gentle starting any curves.

I went a little crazy trying it out. I haven't set stick sensitivity for this drone yet. I need to do that. I also need to prctice with it before filming, buy I couldn't resist.
5-27 09:52
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-27 09:52
I went a little crazy trying it out. I haven't set stick sensitivity for this drone yet. I need to do that. I also need to prctice with it before filming, buy I couldn't resist.

Always good to try things...
5-27 09:56
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6420016 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks great after a couple of initial wobbles, Charles. I keep meaning to try it with my drones but haven't summoned up the courage yet
5-27 10:20
Use props
OddjobSurveyor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1811549 ft
United States

Even enterprise drones can have fun! Didn't make me dizzy enough.
5-27 10:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

OddjobSurveyor Posted at 5-27 10:41
Even enterprise drones can have fun! Didn't make me dizzy enough.

It's a different perspective for me. I overdid it a little. I will have to work on smoothness.
5-27 11:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe try this and sports mode.
5-27 23:19
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-27 10:20
Looks great after a couple of initial wobbles, Charles. I keep meaning to try it with my drones but haven't summoned up the courage yet

The drone flies,the same. It only tilts when you are in a forward moving turn. I tested itivwr a wide open airfield.
5-28 02:44
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-28 02:44
The drone flies,the same. It only tilts when you are in a forward moving turn. I tested itivwr a wide open airfield.

I'm intrigued enough to give it a go
5-28 03:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-28 03:12
I'm intrigued enough to give it a go

I decided I wan the FPV look without the risk. This achieves it. I will probably never fly close to things. I would jusy like the cockpit look once in a while. I think this does it. I have to work on smoothness though.
5-28 03:18
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-28 03:18
I decided I wan the FPV look without the risk. This achieves it. I will probably never fly close to things. I would jusy like the cockpit look once in a while. I think this does it. I have to work on smoothness though.

I need to dial down the sensitivity of the sticks on my M2z anyway, so this may be the moment to do it.
5-28 03:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice first flight in this mode.    Never hurts to try something new.  Only saw a couple of wobbles that I bet you can get rid of by dialing down the sensitivity of the sticks.
5-28 03:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 5-28 03:28
I need to dial down the sensitivity of the sticks on my M2z anyway, so this may be the moment to do it.

Yes I have been flying the Mavic 3 without any adjustments yet. I like to get used to the drone the way it comes first. I am looking forward to dialing down the sensitivity. I have been looking at all this Avata 2 footage and I love the cinematic look of the traditional drones. Once in a while I would like the look of the cockpit tilt, but I don't think I need to get into FPV at this point. This mode may give me what I need..
5-28 03:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 03:42
Very nice first flight in this mode.    Never hurts to try something new.  Only saw a couple of wobbles that I bet you can get rid of by dialing down the sensitivity of the sticks.

Yes I'm still flying the Mavic 3 Stock. Getting used to it. I like the effect so I overdid it on the first flight to try it out. I am going to set the sticks for more cinematic flight. On another note I used the Dronetag beacon for a Memorial day flight through a cemetery for some Mamorial day service shots. It went well. Thank you.
5-28 03:49
Use props
Blériot53
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-28 03:43
Yes I have been flying the Mavic 3 without any adjustments yet. I like to get used to the drone the way it comes first. I am looking forward to dialing down the sensitivity. I have been looking at all this Avata 2 footage and I love the cinematic look of the traditional drones. Once in a while I would like the look of the cockpit tilt, but I don't think I need to get into FPV at this point. This mode may give me what I need..

I hear you.
5-28 04:35
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-28 03:49
Yes I'm still flying the Mavic 3 Stock. Getting used to it. I like the effect so I overdid it on the first flight to try it out. I am going to set the sticks for more cinematic flight. On another note I used the Dronetag beacon for a Memorial day flight through a cemetery for some Mamorial day service shots. It went well. Thank you.

It's great to hear the remoteID is getting put to good use.  
5-28 15:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-28 15:33
It's great to hear the remoteID is getting put to good use.

Thank you it was nice to be compliant again with the Mini 2. Now get well so I can send you a bottle.
5-28 17:26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-28 17:26
Thank you it was nice to be compliant again with the Mini 2. Now get well so I can send you a bottle.

I talked with one of the Deputy Sheriffs who is in charge of their Drone Unit and he said they are getting training on remoteID compliance.  They will be spot checking compliance on occasion.  So at least in this area pilots need to be compliant.  
5-29 03:27
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 03:27
I talked with one of the Deputy Sheriffs who is in charge of their Drone Unit and he said they are getting training on remoteID compliance.  They will be spot checking compliance on occasion.  So at least in this area pilots need to be compliant.

SO far nyc has their hands full but I like to be compliant anyway.
5-29 12:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-29 12:31
SO far nyc has their hands full but I like to be compliant anyway.

Being compliant is the best way to avoid fines and possibly losing your Part 107 license.  
5-29 15:03
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-29 15:03
Being compliant is the best way to avoid fines and possibly losing your Part 107 license.

Besides it's the right thing to do.
5-29 16:55
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 5-29 16:55
Besides it's the right thing to do.

That also.  
5-30 05:00
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 249793 ft
United States

Almost fell out of my chair on that first bank. That’s some good flying for a first time. Once it’s dialed in you’ll have fun with this setup.
6-1 08:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2sticks Posted at 6-1 08:33
Almost fell out of my chair on that first bank. That’s some good flying for a first time. Once it’s dialed in you’ll have fun with this setup.

It's kind of fun when you get bored with straight and level flight. I don't know if I want an Avata yet. I'm not into the Goggles and it's not cinematic enough to sell the footage yet.
6-1 08:47
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2770725 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I never tried this setting myself.
6-2 00:46
Use props
Winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 5563668 ft
Poland

Great video.
6-2 01:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you. Much appreciated.
6-2 05:02
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 6-1 08:47
It's kind of fun when you get bored with straight and level flight. I don't know if I want an Avata yet. I'm not into the Goggles and it's not cinematic enough to sell the footage yet.

I agree, but as you say fun for a change.
6-3 08:12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2sticks Posted at 6-3 08:12
I agree, but as you say fun for a change.

I guess when I get bored with that view from fpv mode I wil see if it's warranted. I would like a better camera and sensors, better stabilization for film and the ability to fly without goggles. That's allot to ask.
6-3 08:54
Use props
2sticks
lvl.4
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 6-3 08:54
I guess when I get bored with that view from fpv mode I wil see if it's warranted. I would like a better camera and sensors, better stabilization for film and the ability to fly without goggles. That's allot to ask.

6-3 13:12
Use props
Winkiel82
First Officer
Flight distance : 5563668 ft
Poland

BetterBizTech Posted at 6-2 05:02
Thank you. Much appreciated.

My pleasure.
6-3 13:15
Use props
Advanced