P1 and Altum dual gimbal issue
336 7 5-28 17:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tommy_n
lvl.1

Australia

Normally, P1 should be in gimbal 1 and Altum in gimbal2 positions however recently, P1 in G1 has stopped working - it it recognised in the controller but there's no picture.
I can swap to G2 and Altum to G1 and it works but then if I try to start the mission, it will say there's no camera in G1 and it won't start. Any ideas?
Either a fix or the ability to change which gimbal position pilot2 uses for missions?
5-28 17:18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

It is not recommended to apply such configuration.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-310573-1-1.html
5-28 20:41
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

P1 requires PSDK, only G1 supports it. Also accuracy is seriously impacted with dual gimbal setup...and it's always messy as LV_Forestry pointed out in link.
5-28 23:40
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

Is your P1 still working on the G1 connector? Left side port from the aircraft or right when looking at the front :-)
5-28 23:42
Use props
tommy_n
lvl.1

Australia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 5-28 23:42
Is your P1 still working on the G1 connector? Left side port from the aircraft or right when looking at the front :-)

Thanks for the responses, appreciated. I understand dual gimbal might not be ideal but this is only an orchard and the client is happy with the results. I've been doing this type of work for a couple of years but only recently the dual gimbal has stopped giving me vision for the P1 on G1. It's fine on G2 but then pilot2 doesn't recognise it. I've checked firmware for the gimbal it's up to date. It might just be a faulty connector. Look like I'll just have to fly two separate missions.....
5-29 00:31
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

tommy_n Posted at 5-29 00:31
Thanks for the responses, appreciated. I understand dual gimbal might not be ideal but this is only an orchard and the client is happy with the results. I've been doing this type of work for a couple of years but only recently the dual gimbal has stopped giving me vision for the P1 on G1. It's fine on G2 but then pilot2 doesn't recognise it. I've checked firmware for the gimbal it's up to date. It might just be a faulty connector. Look like I'll just have to fly two separate missions.....

On the RC screen, there is a "button" with two arrow going left/right in the right low corner. If you click on it, you can see the video feed coming from the payloads ( FPV, P1, Altum ) with a check box. Is the P1 selected?

Check it if not selected, otherwise : uncheck/recheck and see if it may help.
5-29 23:39
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

tommy_n Posted at 5-29 00:31
Thanks for the responses, appreciated. I understand dual gimbal might not be ideal but this is only an orchard and the client is happy with the results. I've been doing this type of work for a couple of years but only recently the dual gimbal has stopped giving me vision for the P1 on G1. It's fine on G2 but then pilot2 doesn't recognise it. I've checked firmware for the gimbal it's up to date. It might just be a faulty connector. Look like I'll just have to fly two separate missions.....

If I remember, you can "easily" swap the connector from left to right. maybe worth trying.
5-29 23:40
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Belgium

See this "screenshot"

5-29 23:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules