Again not able to update fly app on RC2 V.1.13.5
587 21 6-8 20:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83993 ft
India

Even after new update i am not able to update my rc2 to V1.13.5 my RC is still on V1.13.0 it shows update but not downloading, Its really disappointing experience @dji or add feature to update from dji assistance software or provide external application
image.jpg
image.jpg
6-8 20:32
Use props
guiro.ws
lvl.1
France

The drone is not connected to the RC.
6-8 20:51
Use props
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
India

guiro.ws Posted at 6-8 20:51

I tried everything connecting,disconnecting,restarting and even factory reset nothings happening and secondly I don’t think so connection is required because its fly app update not firmware or may be update is not available on Indian networks
6-8 21:10
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1226368 ft
United Kingdom

It may be that the servers are extremely busy, wait a few days and try again
6-9 02:06
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6542060 ft
  • >>>
Russia

To update Fly, you do not need to connect the drone to the remote control.
6-9 03:45
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

It is a large file and can take several minutes to download. Patience, grasshopper.
6-9 05:49
Use props
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
India

Mobilehomer Posted at 6-9 05:49
It is a large file and can take several minutes to download. Patience, grasshopper.

I am trying from last two daya
6-9 06:22
Use props
In the sun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1685072 ft
  • >>>
Spain

its not supposed to be connected.
6-9 06:22
Use props
In the sun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1685072 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had similar problem, it took a few attempts for it to work.
try reconnecting wifi and restart RC2.
6-9 06:24
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

During the update you can swipe down from the top of the screen to see the progress. It can take a few minutes to install it.
6-9 07:47
Use props
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
India

MKmini4 Posted at 6-9 07:47
During the update you can swipe down from the top of the screen to see the progress. It can take a few minutes to install it.

Nothing happens it doesn’t show any notifications in task bar not even 1kb is downloaded i am really fed up from dji I think its better to buy RC N
6-9 07:54
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

It's showing its available, so you can download it. I just updated mine here in Canada, and as mentioned above you can pull down the top menu and see the progress. Depending on your internet speed, and how busy the servors are, it could take some time. Just to see what would happen, I had my drone connected while it updated to 1.13.5 and the RC2 powered down and re-connected to the drone during the install, and everything went smoothly. I had earlier attempted to update using the DJI assist 2, and ended up getting 1.13.0, which is a horrible piece of firmware. If you don't already have your drone and RC2 firmware updated to 01.00.0500, and 02.02.0000, this may be why things are taking so long to download.
Here's what I would do:
Start everything up, log out and back into your DJI account.
Put a small fan in front of your drone in the event it takes a while for the download and install.
Power down and then power things back up.

If you don't already have your drone and RC2 firmware updated to the latest versions, do that first. if your already have 01.00.0500 and 02.02.0000, then update the fly app.

Start the fly app update by clicking on about and check for updates with the red dot.
Once the download starts, pull down from the top of the screen so you can observe the progress
Wait patiently, if you don't have the latest Drone and RC firmware, its downloading all of it, not just the 1.13.5 fly app and it may take a while.
It will download first and then install the firmware.
Once you are done the updates, switch out each battery you have into the drone and restart and check for updates again, so if there is any battery firware updates requred, it does those as well.

It may just decide to update itself all at once, since DJI seperated the drone and RC firmware from the fly app, you can now update the fly app independantly from the frmware, so will have to observe and see how this works.

The good news is that drone firmware 01.00.0500, RC2 firmware 02.02.0000, and fly app 1.13.5 is the best firmware DJI has released in a long time! I'm running it on both my phones I use with my Mini 2, as well as my RC2 and Mini 4 Pro, and it seems to work smoothy, and quickly.
Hope this is of some help!

6-9 08:05
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kindly calibrate the remote controller first and check for the updates once the calibration done. Upon checking the picture shared above, it seems the new firmware is availabl for you to download.

If the issue still persists after calibration, kindly provide us videos to check the problem. Please start recoding from the moment when start calibration is tapped, perform the remote calibration twice consecutively. We'll share the video to our enginerring to investigate further on this for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
6-9 20:32
Use props
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
India

How to share video with you because at this platform its not possible
6-10 05:02
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1226368 ft
United Kingdom

It seems its not just the RC2, last night i tried to update the app on my Nokia G42 and it was still trying to download the app update some 9 hours later...
6-10 09:15
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Hi Natalia, I've never once been able to calibrate the RC or RC2 by manually attempting it. It will say calibrating and then done. If it ever prompts you on its own, its your big chance to calibrate the compass in the controller, lol. And as far as I can see, he's asking about updating th fly app to 1.13.5, not calibrating the controller, unless he's pm'd you
6-10 09:18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sahibpreet Singh Posted at 6-10 05:02
How to share video with you because at this platform its not possible

Thank you for your response. You may save the video via dropbox or goggle drive and you can post the link here. Once we have the requested information we will check this further for you.
6-11 12:44
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100659 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think everyone just needs to be patient. There is "a lot going on" at DJI today due to the potential new laws that are being put forth in the U.S. Congress tomorrow. This is not the thread for "that" discussion, however I suspect the network in general will be a bit slower for the next 24-72hrs as pilots d/l data before the data Auto-Sync feature is disabled. It took several tries today for a number of operations to complete on my 4 drones - so just hang in there!
6-11 15:15
Use props
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
India

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-11 12:44
Thank you for your response. You may save the video via dropbox or goggle drive and you can post the link here. Once we have the requested information we will check this further for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11f2YTD8fPYW1J1BwhE5S4FXXJbEGP-A7/view?usp=drivesdk
Rc recoding
6-12 08:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

HI there. Please try to use DJI Assistant 2 to update the Fly app on your RC2.
6-12 10:15
Use props
Wanderlust_AR
lvl.1

India

Sahibpreet Singh Posted at 6-9 07:54
Nothing happens it doesn’t show any notifications in task bar not even 1kb is downloaded i am really fed up from dji I think its better to buy RC N

Hi , The solution to this problem is changing the DNS Server IP of your main router to 1.1.1.1     It was solved here :
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =311335&pid=3337446

I  had the exact same issue and could successfully download only after I changed my BroadBand router DNS to 1.1.1.1     

Once you do this , download will work on your RC2 unit once it is connected to your wifi with the changed DNS

It seems to be a country specific IP problem .

I am assuming that you currently have the following :
DJIRC 2 Firmware V02.02.0000  (Stand alone Flyapp update will not work unless your RC2 unit has this firmware version)
DJI FLY v1.13.0
6-13 03:33
Use props
Sahibpreet Singh
lvl.2
India

Wanderlust_AR Posted at 6-13 03:33
Hi , The solution to this problem is changing the DNS Server IP of your main router to 1.1.1.1     It was solved here :
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =311335&pid=3337446

Hi i am here to thank you because your method helped me to update my fly app,thank you so much for your suggestion which really really helped me out from this worst situation
image.jpg
6-13 09:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules