DJI RC Remote Won't Turn On
322 20 6-16 05:14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eddie98
lvl.2
United States

After not using my drone for a few months, yesterday I wanted to fly and the RC remote will not turn on. I thought it was just dead battery and plugged in, the light flashed and started to charge (so I thought). Then I came back after a few minutes and all lights were on. It was at this point where I noticed that it will not turn on.

I read some of the other posts about this topic and tried everyting that DJI suggests and not luck.

It will turn off by holding the power button for about 12 seconds. after a few minutes, the remote will show the lights on again by itself.

Has anyone had any luck getting the remote back to life?

I think I will probably need to send it in for repair or replacement. I bought it as a kit with the Mini 4 Pro.

6-16 05:14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

We're sorry for the unpleasant experience.

May we suggest that you try pressing and holding the power button for about 15s to power off DJI RC? Then power on the remote controller, to see if it can be powered off normally. If it can be powered on then, we suggest you update the firmware to the latest version.

If the issue persists, you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at (https://www.dji.com/support).

Should you have any other questions, kindly message us for assistance. Thank you.
6-16 20:46
Use props
astoneee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29091 ft
Germany

I have exactly the same issue, having bought the same combo just a week ago. Two days ago I could use the RC without any issues, next morning it showed exactly the behavior you recorded.
- I tried keeping the On/Off button pushed for way longer than 15 seconds to no avail.
- Connecting it to the PC does not yield in any reaction
- Mobile phone does not recognize it, when I connect it
I am a bit at a loss here, so I guess contacting support it will be, if not someone has a better idea!

Cheers,

astoneee
6-16 21:54
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

astoneee Posted at 6-16 21:54
I have exactly the same issue, having bought the same combo just a week ago. Two days ago I could use the RC without any issues, next morning it showed exactly the behavior you recorded.
- I tried keeping the On/Off button pushed for way longer than 15 seconds to no avail.

Hi there,

We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. May we confirm if you have followed the troubleshooting steps given above?

If the issue persists, please send it back to us for testing and proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket here: (https://www.dji.com/support).

We appreciate your understanding and patience.

6-17 01:14
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 520673 ft
Bulgaria

astoneee Posted at 6-16 21:54
- I tried keeping the On/Off button pushed for way longer than 15 seconds to no avail.

Did you tried charging it? Plug the charger and wait, if you see any sign of life
6-17 01:38
Use props
astoneee
lvl.1
Cyprus

travelmate Posted at 6-17 01:38
Did you tried charging it? Plug the charger and wait, if you see any sign of life

Thanks for the hint! When connecting a charger, there are no lights indicating any activity. Also, neither my mobile phone nor my PC seem to recognize the RC being connected. When starting the RC (short push, longer push), I immediately see the red LED constantly on, same as the four green ones. The cooler briefly spins up, and then down again.
Connecting a charger in that state does not change anything.
Briefly pushing the on/off button results in the four green lights blinking five times.
Pushing the on/off button again while the LEDs are blinking results in a high-pitched sound.
Any other pressed button results in the "normal" button sound but has no effect.
Keeping the on/off pushed for a while (~10 secs) after the LEDs stopped blinking switches the LEDs off.
As to the question by the admin: I would guess that I tried the steps, and it feels they are not working.

Again, thanks all for your support so far!
6-17 03:55
Use props
Eddie98
lvl.2
United States

I have tried everything as well. The only difference I see that mine lights up all green lights when connected to power. I can get the lights to go out by holding the power button for a few seconds.
But after a few minutes, the lights are back on again. 3 solid green and one blinking green.
I chatted with DJI and told me to update the firmware. How can I do that when the remote will not power on?
6-17 04:13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eddie98 Posted at 6-17 04:13
I have tried everything as well. The only difference I see that mine lights up all green lights when connected to power. I can get the lights to go out by holding the power button for a few seconds.
But after a few minutes, the lights are back on again. 3 solid green and one blinking green.
I chatted with DJI and told me to update the firmware. How can I do that when the remote will not power on?

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. May we confirm if you already tried updating the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2? You can download it on your computer and do the firmware update from there.

Here is the link for the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series.

If the issue persists, kindly let us know. Looking forward to your response. Thank you.
6-17 21:27
Use props
astoneee
lvl.1
Cyprus

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-17 21:27
Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion.
I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2, however, in my case, the PC (and the software) does not even recognize the RC (USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USBA-A), so unfortunately, I have no chance to update the firmware.
6-18 03:16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

astoneee Posted at 6-18 03:16
Thanks for the suggestion.
I downloaded and installed DJI Assistant 2, however, in my case, the PC (and the software) does not even recognize the RC (USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USBA-A), so unfortunately, I have no chance to update the firmware.

Hi there, thank you for your update and we're sorry to hear that your issue still persists. Could you lease share us an operation video demonstrating the issue for us to understand better the condition and investigate further?

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you for your support!
6-19 01:11
Use props
Eddie98
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-17 21:27
Hi there,

The remote control will NOT power on. I can't update it.
What is the next step, I need to get it fixed or a replacement.
6-19 05:40
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eddie98 Posted at 6-19 05:40
The remote control will NOT power on. I can't update it.
What is the next step, I need to get it fixed or a replacement.

Hi there, thank you for your response and we're sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Kindly try the self-troubleshooting steps below in order to confirm the specific condition. This would greatly help us to investigate further and advise accordingly.

1) Press and release the power button, and then immediately press and hold the power button for 2 seconds to check if the remote controller can be powered on.
2) Press the power button once to check if the battery level LEDs light up.
3) Connect the remote controller to the charger for charging, and check if the battery level LEDs light up.
4) Charge the remote controller using another charger and charging cable, and check if the battery level LEDs light up.

I've also shared a link below for the self-troubleshooting steps in our Help center for reference.
( https://support.dji.com/help/con ... g%2FawivsS9Mw%3D%3D )

If the issue cannot be resolved after going through the above steps, please send us your remote controller back to DJI for testing by submitting the online repair request at ( https://www.dji.com/support/repair )

Keep us posted. Thank you for your patience and support!
6-19 20:47
Use props
astoneee
lvl.1
Germany

Dear DJI Natalia,

please see the video linked, I hope it helps! Again, connecting it to USB with the cable that was shipped with the RC does not do anything (not even a device popping up in the device manager). Connecting it to a charger and trying to start looks exactly the same as in the video linked.

https://uni-muenster.sciebo.de/s/1xumkd7MLuUVL2I

You can also check it out on youtube: https://youtu.be/WvGHMIzOnco

Cheers,

astoneee

6-20 04:06
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

astoneee Posted at 6-20 04:06
Dear DJI Natalia,

please see the video linked, I hope it helps! Again, connecting it to USB with the cable that was shipped with the RC does not do anything (not even a device popping up in the device manager). Connecting it to a charger and trying to start looks exactly the same as in the video linked.

Hi there, thank you for your response and we're sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Kindly try the self-troubleshooting steps shared above in thread number #12 and update us the result. It would greatly help for us to understand the issue better and investigate further for you.

If the issue cannot be resolved after going through the above steps, please send us your remote controller back to DJI for testing by submitting the online repair request at ( https://www.dji.com/support/repair )

Keep us posted. Thank you for your patience and support!
6-20 04:13
Use props
astoneee
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-20 04:13
Hi there, thank you for your response and we're sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Kindly try the self-troubleshooting steps shared above in thread number #12 and update us the result. It would greatly help for us to understand the issue better and investigate further for you.

Hi DJI Natalia,

I did - and it still does not boot:
https://youtu.be/FMV_Ik31cgo
I hope it demonstrates that the steps above, unfortunately, do not work. I tried other charging devices, too. Any other recommendations?

Best,

astoneee
6-21 04:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

astoneee Posted at 6-21 04:34
Hi DJI Natalia,

I did - and it still does not boot:

Thank you for the footage shared, astoneee. Since the issue persists, please send your device back to DJI for further diagnosis by our relevant team. You may send your remote controller via this link here : https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. I hope this helps with your inquiry. Thank you and have a good day ahead !
6-21 07:47
Use props
Eddie98
lvl.2
United States

the link doesn't work!
6-23 13:40
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

astoneee Posted at 6-20 04:06
Dear DJI Natalia,

It's pretty difficult to judge when you are pressing the button but the coorect sequence is likely to be a short press followed quite quickly by a second longer press.
I get the impression you might be leaving too big a gap between the two presses.
6-23 15:36
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eddie98 Posted at 6-23 13:40
the link doesn't work!

Hi there,

May we confirm which link that you referred to?
Kindly let us know so we will be able to assist you better.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
6-23 22:01
Use props
Eddie98
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-21 07:47
Thank you for the footage shared, astoneee. Since the issue persists, please send your device back to DJI for further diagnosis by our relevant team. You may send your remote controller via this link here : https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. I hope this helps with your inquiry. Thank you and have a good day ahead !

This link is broken, I get an error
6-24 04:01
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Eddie98 Posted at 6-24 04:01
This link is broken, I get an error

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. You may contact our team at (https://www.dji.com/support) for them to help you start up a ticket. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
6-24 04:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules