Best setting to reduce wind noise...?
181 17 6-16 06:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

I find my camera very sensitive to wind noise.  Not sure if I have it set the best.  I have the directional mic setting off, channel set to stereo and wind noise reduction turned on.  Any suggestions on reducing wind noise would be apprciated.  I need the microphone at the camera. I posted I have a RODE mic.  I'm hoping to maybe use it.  I'm fine with the audio quality of the built in mic for my use, but the wind noise is too much as is.  Thanks.
6-16 06:09
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

You may reduce it using the Wind Noise Reduction from the settings as below.

1. It can only be turned on or off in the product menu.
2. You need to turn on the PRO (advanced) mode.
3. Settings path:
Product menu: Swipe left on the screen home page - Microphone settings - Wind Noise Reduction.

Should you have any other questions, kindly message us for assistance. Thank you.
6-16 19:48
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-16 19:48
Hi there,

Yep, did all that. Tried everything. It still distorts the audio in the slightest breeze.  It’s the only thing that I am not pleased with on the camera.
6-16 20:17
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

wireless mic?
transmitter input is trs

6-16 21:34
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

lutzmix Posted at 6-16 21:34
wireless mic?
transmitter input is trs
https://youtu.be/1X9oGh5kKyU?si=g-8IistDzPPm1NHa

I’m waiting on that cable I ordered so I can try my Rode mic. I’m hoping that works. Trying not to drop a bunch dollars on another mic.   I’m not doing vlogging or anything. It’s just to pick up some surrounding noise of  engines etc without being washed out by wind. It seems very sensitive to wind compared to my old Kaiser Baas.
6-16 21:55
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

dont use Rode mics with Osmo Action camera
6-16 21:57
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tender Posted at 6-16 20:17
Yep, did all that. Tried everything. It still distorts the audio in the slightest breeze.  It’s the only thing that I am not pleased with on the camera.

Hi there,

Possibly, the wind directions are random, which leads to the wind noise reduction’s failure to keep up with the changes in the wind directions, so that the wind noise cannot be reduced. Try connecting to an external microphone and use the microphone windscreen or install a windshield to reduce the impact of the winds on the microphone physically.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
6-17 00:44
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006193733392.html
6-17 03:15
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-17 00:44
Hi there,

I have a Rode mic I hope to use.  I’m waiting on a connector to see if I can get it to work. I was hoping the DJI mic adapter from the Action 4 would have worked, but was informed it wouldn’t.  One person said it works but the charge through didn’t work. I could live with that.  
6-17 03:42
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

lutzmix Posted at 6-16 21:57
dont use Rode mics with Osmo Action camera

Why can’t I use a Rode mic with the action 3?    I have it already.  
6-17 03:44
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

lutzmix Posted at 6-16 21:34
wireless mic?
transmitter input is trs
https://youtu.be/1X9oGh5kKyU?si=g-8IistDzPPm1NHa

I don’t understand this video.  Don’t know what he is saying.
6-17 03:45
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-17 00:44
Hi there,

I have a Rode mic I bought from DJI for my original Osmo stabilzer, I liked that mic.  I'm looking for ways to get it to work with the Action 3.  I ordered a cable that might work off Amazon.  I'm hoping it works and this solves my problem.  I don't want to spend a bunch more money to reduce windnoise, since I already have a mic that I hope will work.  I can use my old Kaiser Baas in those situations if needed I guess.
053634v12i7ysbyqoosvt1.jpeg
053629dwp9za9f1yesyszo.jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-06-16 at 8.20.58 AM.png
6-17 07:21
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

your adapter is ok
with Ulanzi am
IMG_20240619_103343.jpg
IMG_20240619_104822.jpg
6-19 00:40
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the Mic for the wind is located on the Bottom of the camera .

We all are forced to use Pro to get to the Noise reduction.

we can purchase     the DJI mic 2 and  bipass the cameras Noise reduction for the DJI mic 2 at a cost

Or buy stick on mic muffs and do not cover the color sensor.

Rode Mic works quite well,
Aftermarket mics work quite well. Just  how windy is it. that causes you to have issues?
6-19 03:09
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 6-19 03:09
the Mic for the wind is located on the Bottom of the camera .

We all are forced to use Pro to get to the Noise reduction.
Not very windy at all.  I’m driving in enclosed trails with an off road Roxor and like to pick up the sound of the diesel engine, but there is enough wind noise to screw up the sound.  I’m not doing voice or anything. If I can get my Rode mic set up, it will be good enough.

The sound isn’t important enough to buy a pricey mic right now. I had to upgrade my computer to handle 4K footage, so trying not to break the piggy bank again. lol

I have, hopefully, the correct adapter on the way. Thanks.
IMG_1956.jpeg
6-19 04:22
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

lutzmix Posted at 6-19 00:40
your adapter is ok
with Ulanzi am

Thanks.  They haven't shipped it yet, been 5 days.  I ordered the one you mentioned also now.  It's shipped.  I hope they work.  I'm not doing voice or vlogging or anything.  I just want to pick up the sounds around me, mainly the engine sound of my Roxor while slowly driving around my trails.  The trails are ina valley and out of the wind, so I don't need much, but the camera would pick up wind noise.  My old Kaiser Baas didn't, but it's not a great camera compared to what is available now.  

6-19 05:16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Tender Posted at 6-19 04:22
Not very windy at all.  I’m driving in enclosed trails with an off road Roxor and like to pick up the sound of the diesel engine, but there is enough wind noise to screw up the sound.  I’m not doing voice or anything. If I can get my Rode mic set up, it will be good enough.

The sound isn’t important enough to buy a pricey mic right now. I had to upgrade my computer to handle 4K footage, so trying not to break the piggy bank again. lol

you may need to  think about  the accessories, in the end, it may be best  to simply buy a Stand alone DJI mic 2 and use it, hope you solve the problem out
6-19 06:08
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 6-19 06:08
you may need to  think about  the accessories, in the end, it may be best  to simply buy a Stand alone DJI mic 2 and use it, hope you solve the problem out

Yeah, I might have to bite the bullet in the end. I already had a Rode mic from my original Osmo. It gave me real good sound for what I was doing.  It would be nice to be able to make use of it with minimal investment again. I just need to pick up the natural sounds around me, I’m not one for adding music etc to my videos.  I really like the camera.
6-19 06:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules