248 11 6-16 08:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BRS64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3309925 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

I sold my last mini 3 pro due to lots of jello efect. I have just two months old mini 4 pro and recognized another gimbal problem. İf gimbal is in vertical mode and if you throttle full left or right. The gimbal rotates in the opposite direction of flight. It's acting like it can't handle that flight angle. Any suggestion for this problem??

I am really suspicious mini series quality..

I'm tired of going to the service center because of the mini series.

So ı am open all your suggestions to try.

6-16 08:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch the drone on but do not start the motors, point the camera straight down then roll the drone from side to side.
How much rotation does the camera have, in roll, before it hits a mechanical stop of some sort ?
Hover the drone in front of you and facing you, point the camera straight down and, watching the gimbal, give the drone full aileron in one direction then repeat this for the other direction.
How close does the gimbal/camera come to hitting a stop ?

In real flight try using gentle sideways commands rather than possibly going from zero roll to maximum roll as quickly as possible.

Go to
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
read the instructions there
retrieve tha flight log for the above flight and upload that log to that website, then post the URL here.

It may well be that there is a software safety device that rolls the camera away from the stops if a sudden large sideways asseleration is commanded. There was and perhaps still is a similar problem with one or both of the first two mini drones but that related to gimbal and drone pitch
6-16 10:55
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do you mean by "throttle full left or right"?  It is a 3-axis gimbal, so when you yaw hard the gimbal lags behind in an attempt to smooth out the movement.  You can see this effect if you hold the drone (powered on) & rotate it about the yaw axis.  If flying straight then you jam the stick to full left or right yaw (which is what I assume you mean by throttling full left/right?), then the gimbal behaves the same way.
6-16 11:01
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-16 11:01
What do you mean by "throttle full left or right"?  It is a 3-axis gimbal, so when you yaw hard the gimbal lags behind in an attempt to smooth out the movement.  You can see this effect if you hold the drone (powered on) & rotate it about the yaw axis.  If flying straight then you jam the stick to full left or right yaw (which is what I assume you mean by throttling full left/right?), then the gimbal behaves the same way.

"What do you mean by "throttle full left or right"?" perhaps full left and right aileron.

What we are seeing in the video is a roll movement of the camera caused by the rotation of what would be the yaw pivot when the camera is horizontal ........ isn't it

screen captures from

6-16 12:58
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-16 12:58
"What do you mean by "throttle full left or right"?" perhaps full left and right aileron.

What we are seeing in the video is a roll movement of the camera caused by the rotation of what would be the yaw pivot when the camera is horizontal ........ isn't it

I didn't notice the OP's video when I first viewed the post.  Reminds me of the Mini 2/SE when you have the camera pointed straight down & come to an abrupt stop from forward motion.  It only seems to do it when he slides to the right.  If it was the stops it should be the same in both directions.  This may be something quirky with his specific gimbal, or it may be a software bug similar to that experienced by the Mini 2/SE.  I don't normally use Portrait mode so I haven't tested to see if it is repeatable on my Mini 4 Pro.
6-16 13:07
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logv ... 2SWTNPDJHMQFKCSSVGK

Dear all, i added flight records. I do not have experience about this software. But at 1st lool, i can see that gimbal reached it's limits. Maybe this is the reason, right?
6-16 23:45
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BRS64 Posted at 6-16 23:45
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/DF89GYHB8Q2ZA2SWTNPDJHMQFKCSSVGK

Dear all, i added flight records. I do not have experience about this software. But at 1st lool, i can see that gimbal reached it's limits. Maybe this is the reason, right?
I think there was a significant, gusty wind which probably didn't help matters.
'' i can see that gimbal reached it's limits'' Are you going by "GIMBAL.isYawAtLimit" ? If so WELL SPOTTED, first time I have taken notice of that column.

Since JJB* hasn't weighed in I suggest you post this video and log over on MavicPilots, in either
https://mavicpilots.com/forums/crash-flyaway-assistance.85/
or
https://mavicpilots.com/forums/mini-4-pro.213/

If nothing else it will be interesting to see what the log guys there make of it.

The plot comes from CsvView
https://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html

6-17 09:59
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. For your kind ifnormation the default control tilt range for DJI Mini 4 Pro is -90' to 60'. Kindly try calibrate your gimbal and you may find the " Gimbal Calibration " option under Settings in DJI Fly App.

If the isue still persists after gimbal calibration, kindly share us the flight log so we can shre it to our engineering team and investiate further.

Kepp us posted, thank you for your understanding!
6-17 21:56
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-17 21:56
Hi there, thank you for reaching and we do apologize for any inconvenience caused. For your kind ifnormation the default control tilt range for DJI Mini 4 Pro is -90' to 60'. Kindly try calibrate your gimbal and you may find the " Gimbal Calibration " option under Settings in DJI Fly App.

If the isue still persists after gimbal calibration, kindly share us the flight log so we can shre it to our engineering team and investiate further.

Hi Natalia, how can i share flight log?

One more thing; yesterday i tried couple of flights to understand the problem. And realized that when i try to fly towards to left or right side in sport mode. Dron even did not move some trials. Total speed was shown 0km/h in sport mode with normal gust conditions. It acts like something is holding it. When i release the stick and push again it started to move with this fault gimbal kick. Maybe i have problems with sensors. I calibrated it many times. If yoy have another suggestions i can try it. Look at the speed at the picture. I do not even have wind warning.
IMG_8217.png
6-19 22:11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BRS64 Posted at 6-19 22:11
Hi Natalia, how can i share flight log?

One more thing; yesterday i tried couple of flights to understand the problem. And realized that when i try to fly towards to left or right side in sport mode. Dron even did not move some trials. Total speed was shown 0km/h in sport mode with normal gust conditions. It acts like something is holding it. When i release the stick and push again it started to move with this fault gimbal kick. Maybe i have problems with sensors. I calibrated it many times. If yoy have another suggestions i can try it. Look at the speed at the picture. I do not even have wind warning.

Hi there. Thank you for the updates and we are sorry to hear about what happened with the drone. In a situation like this, the best course of action would be to submit an online repair request here: [https://www.dji.com/es/support/repair]. This will allow our certified technicians to fully inspect the aircraft. Please rest assured that this will be taken care of and handled accordingly.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact our support team. We are always happy to help you!
6-20 00:34
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BRS64 Posted at 6-19 22:11

Did you post the story and log on the MavicPilots forum as I suggested in post #8, there are some VERY good log analyists over on that forum ?

You could post the phantomhelp URL for the log of the 2024-06-19_12:55:22 flight here and there too.
6-20 02:42
Use props
BRS64
lvl.2
  • >>>
Turkey

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-20 02:42
Did you post the story and log on the MavicPilots forum as I suggested in post #8, there are some VERY good log analyists over on that forum ?

You could post the phantomhelp URL for the log of the 2024-06-19_12:55:22 flight here and there too.

now posted. I hope it helps. I am okey if it is only software problem. I can wait for an update.

Thanks.
6-21 03:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules