173 6 6-17 11:39
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Voxel3D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167454 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I have bought the avata 2 to get into FPV and light freestyle flying.

Some days I can fly in manual mode up to 85/90km with loads of power. I can then do powerloops, split S and even more 'advanced' maneuvers like the juicy flick and rubix cube.

However, other days the thing just does not have any power to even the lightest things. It then flies up to 60kmh MAX, and i have to go 75% throttle to even fly level in these cases..

I just cannot figure out what the cause is of this.. It surely is not the wind or a low battery since I have checked that.

Any ideas?
6-17 11:39
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Could you please share us an operation video demostrating the issue through shareable link such as Google Drive? It would be helpful for us to investigate further by sharing it to our engineering team and advise you accordingly.

Keep us posted. Thank you for your support!
6-18 02:35
Use props
Voxel3D
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-18 02:35
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Could you please share us an operation video demostrating the issue through shareable link such as Google Drive? It would be helpful for us to investigate further by sharing it to our engineering team and advise you accordingly.

I will make videos and update you when I have them ready
6-18 03:13
Use props
Voxel3D
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-18 02:35

Hi Natalia,

So I did some more testing today and yesterday.

Weather conditions yesterday; Sunny, wind 14kmh
Weather conditions today; Wet but not raining, wind 12kmh

Yesterday it had the issue where, even with max power, it did not go above 67kmh in either direction. It did not have even close to enough power to do freestyle. Battery was high at 79%.
Today, however, in worse conditions, it went significantly faster and reached speeds of 90kmh, even with low battery! This was more than enough to do freestyle. The only thing I did was charge the drone normally.

To show the difference;

Video 1; Yesterday, max throttle in both directions with high battery. --> Max speed 66kmh --> not enough power for freestyle

Video 2; Today, max throttle in both directions with high battery. --> Max speed 90kmh --> enough power for freestyle

Video 3; Today, max throttle in both directions with low battery. --> Max speed 90kmh --> enough power for freestyle

6-18 08:33
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Voxel3D Posted at 6-18 08:33
Hi Natalia,

Hi there, thank you for the video provided. Please let me know where is your country/origin, It would be helpful for us to investigate further. Looking forward to your response.
6-18 14:56
Use props
Voxel3D
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-18 14:56
Hi there, thank you for the video provided. Please let me know where is your country/origin, It would be helpful for us to investigate further. Looking forward to your response.

I am from NL, but I have the HAM file installed
6-18 21:09
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14758527 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Voxel3D Posted at 6-18 08:33
Hi Natalia,

Seems your safety database is not up to date so probably that is why you get limited that would be my guess knowing DJI
6-19 20:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules