426 2 7-6 10:35
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Th3Sm1le4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988451 ft
United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question from me. I remember when I was out flying the Mini 3 Pro, and I wanted to take some top-down shots of the place I was filming at. I had the gimbal pointed downwards 90 degrees. On that day the wind was quite strong, especially in the 80m or so height I was filming at. What surprised me was that the gimbal jolted to the left when I was filming the video, and it was visible on the footage as well. A few weeks later I was doing the same shot in strong winds again at a different place, and the same thing happened again.

Does anyone know why this happened? Thanks.
7-6 10:35
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The flight speed and attitude are both restricted when the aircraft is flying leftward or rightward to ensure shooting stability. The restriction reaches its maximum when the tilt of the gimbal is -90°. If there are strong winds, the restriction will be disabled to improve the wind resistance of the aircraft. As a result, the gimbal may vibrate while shooting.

Please share the footage with us for a more thorough analysis of the situation. Additionally, attempt to refresh the firmware and perform an IMU and Gimbal Camera calibration to determine if it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
7-7 01:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2770725 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There are limits to how much tilt the Mini 3 Pro can handle (and the tilt is needed to stay steady in heavy wind)
7-8 05:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules