DJI Fly Connection Issue - I'm pulling my hair out!
158 9 7-12 19:47
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spotcollins
lvl.1

United States

Recently,after connecting my Goggles 2 to my phone and powering up controller, Avata, and goggles, my phone will recognize that it is connected to the goggles by starting to charge itself off the battery pack, but the app will not switch automatically to camera view and allow me to fly. Remote ID error on the goggles of course. So my phone recongizes that something is connected, but doesn't seem to recognize that it's the goggles.
Tried this on two different phones, multiple different USB-C to USB-C cables, same result. Therefore it has to be a goggles issue, right?

DJI fly will not switch over to camera view. Just stays in the home splashscreen with the "connection guide" button on it.

Screenshot attached is exactly what I see after powering controller, the bird itself, and the goggles up and everything is connected.

This used to work flawlessly. I didn't change anything, didn't update anything, it just simply stopped working.

Any ideas? I updated the DJI Fly app to latest version tonight, still same problem. Can't update the goggles firmware because my phone insists that I am not connected to my goggles, which of course I am.

Screenshot_20240712_233759-min.jpg

After connecting goggles

After connecting goggles
7-12 19:47
Use props
GTHero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1910125 ft
Australia

This happened to me, but I'd been using a USB cable with an adaptor.  When I switched to a USB cable that didn't need an adaptor, it worked immediately.  You don't mention a cable adaptor, so I'm guessing this is not your problem/solution.
7-12 20:25
Use props
spotcollins
lvl.1

United States

GTHero Posted at 7-12 20:25
This happened to me, but I'd been using a USB cable with an adaptor.  When I switched to a USB cable that didn't need an adaptor, it worked immediately.  You don't mention a cable adaptor, so I'm guessing this is not your problem/solution.

Appreciate the input sir. But you are correct. No adapter involved. Straight USB-C cable to USB-C, from a Samsung Galaxy S23 directly to the goggles. Multiple cables, same issue. Very frustrating.

Problem was intermittent at first, now it's consistent.
7-12 20:27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble caused. Could you try factory reset for your Goggles and try again? Kindly take note that this should be a last resort as it erases all your settings and data on the goggles. Refer to the DJI Goggles 2 user manual for instructions on performing a factory reset.

If the issue still persists, kindly share us the logs to check further with our engineering team.

Keep us posted. Thank you for your patience.
7-13 23:55
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GTHero Posted at 7-12 20:25

Hello there! We appreciate the update, and we're sorry to hear that you encountered the same issue. However, we're pleased that you were able to find a solution and we thank you for sharing the idea with our community of users.

Keep us posted and thank you for your continued support!
7-13 23:57
Use props
spotcollins
lvl.1

United States

Did the factory reset on the Goggles. Re-paired with the controller and drone. Still no change. Same problem.

How do I access the logs and share with you?
7-14 09:03
Use props
spotcollins
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-13 23:55
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble caused. Could you try factory reset for your Goggles and try again? Kindly take note that this should be a last resort as it erases all your settings and data on the goggles. Refer to the DJI Goggles 2 user manual for instructions on performing a factory reset.

If the issue still persists, kindly share us the logs to check further with our engineering team.

Did the factory reset on the Goggles. Re-paired with the controller and drone. Still no change. Same problem.

7-14 09:05
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

spotcollins Posted at 7-14 09:05
Did the factory reset on the Goggles. Re-paired with the controller and drone. Still no change. Same problem.

Kindly try the below steps:
1. Power on the goggles;
2. Connect the goggles to the PC via a Type-C cable;
3. Open the downloaded DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones series), then enter the main page and click  "Log Export" to export the goggles log.

Please save the file in google drive and send it to us.
7-14 10:16
Use props
spotcollins
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-14 10:16
Kindly try the below steps:
1. Power on the goggles;
2. Connect the goggles to the PC via a Type-C cable;

Downloaded the Assistant 2 for FPV , latest version.
Opened it, logged in to my DJI account.
Powered up the goggles and plugged into PC with USB-C to USB cable.

Nothing happens in the app. Attached screenshot is what I see. My COMPUTER knows I am connected to a USB device, but the assistant app does not recognize that the goggles are attached. Therefore I cannot send the logs.
This seems to be the exact same problem I have with the DJI Fly. My phone knows the goggles are attached, but DJI fly does not recognize that.

I have factory reset the goggles, and updated DJI Fly to the latest version. I have tried 3 different USB cables. Nothing has made a difference. Why is DJI software not acknowledging that my Goggles are connected?

Do I need to send the goggles back to DJI for replacement?
7-14 13:21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

spotcollins Posted at 7-14 13:21
Downloaded the Assistant 2 for FPV , latest version.
Opened it, logged in to my DJI account.
Powered up the goggles and plugged into PC with USB-C to USB cable.

In such cases, I would recommend sending your device back to our repair facility. This will allow our certified technicians to fully inspect the aircraft. You may register an online repair request here: [https://www.dji.com/support/repair]. Please rest assured that this will be taken care of and handled accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.
7-14 14:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules