4G dongle
785 9 7-17 09:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy H707
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285705 ft

United Kingdom

Hi, does the 4g dongle 2 require a sim be fitted to the display of the handset plus another sim fitted to the 4G dongle. If so, wouldn't both data sources consume cellular data?
7-17 09:33
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The new V2 dongle has the ability to use a physical sim or an e-sim. The sim will need data to work and establish a connection to the 4G network. For the RC you can use hotspot from your phone or wifi.
7-17 09:58
Use props
fans17c4995b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18832116 ft
  • >>>
United States

the rc pro has a spot to place the dongle 1.  The rc2 doesnt have a slot, so you have to tether it to your phone or mobile hotspot.  
7-17 10:34
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The 4G dongle do requires a sim card for connection to 4G network. The DJI 4G Dongle 2 is designed to be a standalone cellular modem. It doesn't require a SIM card in your handset. However, you remote controller must be connected through hotspot from your mobile device.

Thank you for your understanding and support!
7-17 23:42
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Suren Posted at 7-17 09:58
The new V2 dongle has the ability to use a physical sim or an e-sim. The sim will need data to work and establish a connection to the 4G network. For the RC you can use hotspot from your phone or wifi.

Hi there, thank you for sharing the information with our fellow user. We truly appreciate you taking time to share the details.

Keep us posted always. Thank you!
7-17 23:43
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans17c4995b Posted at 7-17 10:34
the rc pro has a spot to place the dongle 1.  The rc2 doesnt have a slot, so you have to tether it to your phone or mobile hotspot.

Hi there, thank you for sharing this valuable information with our fellow users. Your contributions are greatly appreciated!
Keep us posted always. Thank you for your ongoing support!

7-17 23:44
Use props
Amendura
lvl.2
Flight distance : 825794 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-17 23:42
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. The 4G dongle do requires a sim card for connection to 4G network. The DJI 4G Dongle 2 is designed to be a standalone cellular modem. It doesn't require a SIM card in your handset. However, you remote controller must be connected through hotspot from your mobile device.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

There might be an answer here already, but I can’t find it so I’ll ask anyway (: does the 4g dongle work with DJI Fpv?
8-13 05:00
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Amendura Posted at 8-13 05:00
There might be an answer here already, but I can’t find it so I’ll ask anyway (: does the 4g dongle work with DJI Fpv?

Hi there, apologize for the inconvenience.  DJI Cellular Dongle(4G) does not support DJI FPV. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our support team. We are always happy to help you!
8-13 15:08
Use props
djiuser_T1IC5I6cYtqp
New
Flight distance : 118832 ft
United States

Does the SIM card or mobile hot spot connection provide any extended range with the controller to the drone? I have a mini 3 pro
9-17 04:04
Use props
Andy H707
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285705 ft

United Kingdom

Hi, I find it very helpful when flying around areas that have good mobile reception. Your signal will vary depending on your carrier network coverage. This dongle helps in cases when a tree or a building would normally block your signal, flying in areas where your drone signal had interference issues is quite the opposite when using the dongle rather like wide open spaces suit the standard controller. People who moan about 4G signal dropout may have poor coverage from their data provider in these areas.
Furthermore, in areas where the signal for 4G is average, personally I found that data usage for 30 ish minute flight can be as low as 200MB  as opposed to the standard 1Gb that is quoted by many YouTubers.
9-29 10:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules