Air3 Parallel Track Bug Broken
420 13 7-21 05:18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xfdgher567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2494295 ft
United States

Uploaded screen recording below, sped up 4x. During parallel track drone steadily climbs from 50m to 100m for no reason. It should maintain altitude during parallel track. Latest firmware on RC2 and Air3.

7-21 05:18
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

I noticed this too, and after a while the drone moved over the boat from a side position.
7-21 08:33
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.2
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 7-21 08:33
I noticed this too, and after a while the drone moved over the boat from a side position.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing this all over the forums. Could you make a video showing your bug?
7-21 08:48
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Have you tried from a lower height?
7-21 09:19
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 7-21 09:19
Have you tried from a lower height?

Tried from 20m and 30m. Same result.
7-21 09:53
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13528625 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

What speed was your boat going? Have you noticed that Parallel Active track works with the drone flying sideways and not proper following. Look at the drone speed in your video versus the speed of your boat and this might be the issue. The drone can only fly a certain speed when in AT mode and having it in sports mode won't make a difference or make it faster. Drone might be climbing higher to try and keep the boat in view.
7-21 10:00
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 7-21 10:00
What speed was your boat going? Have you noticed that Parallel Active track works with the drone flying sideways and not proper following. Look at the drone speed in your video versus the speed of your boat and this might be the issue. The drone can only fly a certain speed when in AT mode and having it in sports mode won't make a difference or make it faster. Drone might be climbing higher to try and keep the boat in view.

Boat is going about 5knots (9 km/h) so that's not a problem.
7-21 10:16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Kindly take note that weak or intermittent GPS signals can affect altitude holding. Obstructions, atmospheric conditions, or nearby electronic interference can disrupt GPS accuracy. Also, assess wind conditions.

Kindly try the parallel track mode in different environments or with different settings to isolate the issue. if the issue still persists, kindly share us the flight log for us to forward it to our engineering team to check further.

Thank you for your continued support!
7-22 02:28
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-22 02:28
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Kindly take note that weak or intermittent GPS signals can affect altitude holding. Obstructions, atmospheric conditions, or nearby electronic interference can disrupt GPS accuracy. Also, assess wind conditions.

Kindly try the parallel track mode in different environments or with different settings to isolate the issue. if the issue still persists, kindly share us the flight log for us to forward it to our engineering team to check further.

Did you not watch the screen video I uploaded?

GPS looked solid. No obstructions. Bright clear day. Very little wind.

I've tried multiple times already and it keeps rising for no reason.

I have a mini 4 pro that does the exact same thing: rises during parallel track until it loses subject. Neither of my mini 3 pros parallel track are bugged like this.
7-22 04:47
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.2
United States

Here's my mini4pro with the same bug.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=313562
7-22 05:04
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

xfdgher567 Posted at 7-22 05:04
Here's my mini4pro with the same bug.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=313562

Thank you for sharing the information with us. Since the issue persists you may provide the flight log in order to check with our relevant team. We appreciate your kind understanding.  
7-22 12:58
Use props
Antdrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1150666 ft
Canada

very odd..
9-19 10:15
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Problem solved?
I didn't see this problem in the "follow" mode for a person or a car (but I rarely use this mode).
When the Drone follows a boat, a gradual rise of the Drone is observed.
Also, if the speed allows, it can fly from the side, although the follow from behind option is selected.
Latest firmware v01.00.1500 (09/05/2024)
9-29 09:46
Use props
xfdgher567
lvl.2
Turkey

Drone.Hunter Posted at 9-29 09:46
Problem solved?
I didn't see this problem in the "follow" mode for a person or a car (but I rarely use this mode).
When the Drone follows a boat, a gradual rise of the Drone is observed.

Problem not solved on my Mini 4 Pro or Air 3. Parallel Track and normal follow on boats both do the "gradual rise". Every time. Mini 3 Pro is no problem. Very frustrating.
9-29 11:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules