Still the horrible sun flares? Photo quality in general?
109 7 yesterday 21:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

My only real reason to sell my OA4 and get an OA5 are the 48MP Photos to be honest.

Did they manage to reduce the ugly flares of the OA4? Or are they the same?
Could somebody, owning both cameras, provide some direct comparison photos here (in RAW) of the OA4 and OA5?

Would be very nice.

yesterday 21:07
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the YouTube comparison footage that I’ve seen, unfortunately, the flare looks identical to the 4. I thought that this would probably have been eliminated and was surprised to see it there at exactly the same place and time as on the Action 4.
For example, it shows on this video around 11:07 and I've seen it worse on others, depending exactly where the sun is.

yesterday 21:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there,

We understand your concerns. When shooting in scenes with strong light sources, such as capturing footage at locations with strong light sources at night, filming under indoor lighting, or shooting in bright sunlight, optical refraction and reflection may occur due to the thickness of the lens and its less-than-perfect transparency. Consequently, you may observe "glare" on the screen or in captured images. This is a common optical phenomenon, so please feel confident in using your camera.
Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. Thank you for your support and understanding.
14 hours ago
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Iancraig10 Posted at 9-19 21:17
On the YouTube comparison footage that I’ve seen, unfortunately, the flare looks identical to the 4. I thought that this would probably have been eliminated and was surprised to see it there at exactly the same place and time as on the Action 4.
For example, it shows on this video around 11:07 and I've seen it worse on others, depending exactly where the sun is.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your video. As mentioned on the 3# thread please take note as this is a common optical phenomenon, so please feel confident in using your camera.

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. Thank you for your support and understanding.
14 hours ago
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Anything with glass and lenses is going to suffer from this, coatings and design can help reduce this but you’re never going to illiterate it.
14 hours ago
Use props
DJI_user_PL3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81345 ft
Poland

Unfortunately, there are the same ugly flares in the shape of funnels, trumpets as in Action 4, nothing has been improved
13 hours ago
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlanHd Posted at 9-20 02:37
Anything with glass and lenses is going to suffer from this, coatings and design can help reduce this but you’re never going to illiterate it.

Yes. It’s not so much the lens flare that bothers me. It’s the ‘shape’ of the flare when bright sources are at a certain place in front of the lens. It’s very well defined as a funnel type shape and looks unnatural. We get this on the Action 4 as well.

A good lens minimises this significantly.

However, it's not enough to put me off because I've learned from using the 4 to look out for it when pointing at the sun. I have an Action 5 on the way and will be using it on a boat cruise. Lots of indoor shots which it will cope well with. Great value for money imo.
12 hours ago
Use props
DJI_user_PL3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81345 ft
Poland

Yeah, those funnel shapes are awful, I was hoping Action 5 would be better. Unfortunately, maybe Action 6.
2 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules