black screen
85 15 yesterday 04:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]Hello, My RC2 screen on DJI Air 3 turned black while in flight. I could still operate the drone with the control sticks, and I was able to land with no screen. I tried to fly again, screen went on and off, and now is permanently black. RC2 Battery is full. It was 45 Celsius outside, hot. Maybe the cause. But cool again, still black screen. Fix solution?
yesterday 04:48
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check the camera settings just in case the camera is grossly under exposing.
Does the screen still show telemetry?
Perhaps post a screen capture showing all of the black screen.
yesterday 06:20
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-27 06:20
Check the camera settings just in case the camera is grossly under exposing.
Does the screen still show telemetry?
Perhaps post a screen capture showing all of the black screen.

It's not the camera. The screen is lit faint white, no telemetry, not camera control, no access to settings, no visible functions to access.
yesterday 06:59
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

herveph Posted at 9-27 06:59
It's not the camera. The screen is lit faint white, no telemetry, not camera control, no access to settings, no visible functions to access[view_image].

Ahh, sorry I am out of ideas then.
yesterday 07:46
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Open a warranty case with DJI. RC is defective!
yesterday 10:25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

herveph Posted at 9-27 06:59
It's not the camera. The screen is lit faint white, no telemetry, not camera control, no access to settings, no visible functions to access[view_image].

You mentioned 45°... Did the remote get really hot? Did you leave it in the sun?

It is not hard to damage the screen in hot conditions...

But it simply could that the heat made something loose or unplug due to thermal expansion inside...

All guess and speculations... You can always try to reset it first and see what happen... Reason why I'm suggesting this, is because going by your picture, the LCD is actually on, there is simply not signal getting to it...
yesterday 14:38
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

No, I did not leave it in the sun, it was just hot. I am just guessing, because the remote did not overheat. I will take my remote to a DJI service center. Let s see
yesterday 16:35
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-27 10:25
Open a warranty case with DJI. RC is defective!

Done, I take it to a DJI service center
yesterday 16:38
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

herveph Posted at 9-27 16:38
Done, I take it to a DJI service center

Hi there.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm if your device's firmware has been updated to the latest version? We are pleased to know that this matter has been addressed. Kindly keep us informed about the progress of the issue you are facing.

yesterday 22:27
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 9-27 22:27
Hi there.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm if your device's firmware has been updated to the latest version? We are pleased to know that this matter has been addressed. Kindly keep us informed about the progress of the issue you are facing.

Hi. Yes i conected the remote directly to the computer. Downloaded the latest firmware, but still blanc screen, with no visible parameters or touch screen functions.
5 hours ago
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

I have indications that the device RC2 connects to the aircraft on demand, but still blank screen.
5 hours ago
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

herveph Posted at 9-28 02:07
I have indications that the device RC2 connects to the aircraft on demand, but still blank screen.

A simple check that would confirm whether or not the controller does still connect would be to see whether or not the controller can tilt the camera up/down or trigger the recording of a video or the taking of a photo.
If it can then it is connected.
2 hours ago
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 05:00
A simple check that would confirm whether or not the controller does still connect would be to see whether or not the controller can tilt the camera up/down or trigger the recording of a video or the taking of a photo.
If it can then it is connected.

Yes it does control the gimbal and start stop video recording. Screen total blank. I also was able to land the aircraft in manual , no visual on screen, after it turned blank.
2 hours ago
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

herveph Posted at 9-28 05:12
Yes it does control the gimbal and start stop video recording. Screen total blank. I also was able to land the aircraft in manual , no visual on screen, after it turned blank.

OK, will you be sending it in for repair as a warranty issue ?If so just remember to remove any memory card that is installed and perhaps downloads as the flight logs from it to computer.
1 hour ago
Use props
herveph
lvl.1
Philippines

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 06:23
OK, will you be sending it in as a warranty issue ?

Yes. I take it to a DJI service center tomorrow.
1 hour ago
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

herveph Posted at 9-28 06:24
Yes. I take it to a DJI service center tomorrow.

Ah you replied too quickly lol, I added a bit to the previous post, you might like to re read it.
1 hour ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules