Video recording stops and view mode issue, latest FW
727 3 2015-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I have a strange problem sometimes when flying and trying to record video.

Issue 1: I hit record video, it started recording but after some seconds or sometimes minutes, it automatically stops recording. If i pull the redorded video from the sd card for that session and try to play it in vlc on a computer, vlc crashes and sometimes it says the video is not playable etc...The SD card is not even half full so its not a space issue. This issue is random and does not occur all the time.

Issue2: Now this has happened to me a few times. Im flying around recodring video where the view mode is set to "FOLLOW". Sometimes that suddently switches to "FPV" in mid flight for no reason. FPV is the mode where the camera tilts when the phantom is tilted sideways. This is really annoying, any idea what is causing this?

Everything is on the latest version of FW and DJI app on Android 5.1.1

2015-9-27
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please reformat the sd card via the app. Its under camera settings.

I think you might be hitting one of the c1 or c2 buttons, You can accidently hit these without knowing. You can always remap these to another function or no function if desired.
2015-9-27
Use props
dji.ronnysmith
lvl.2

Germany

Today I had that issue no. 1 for the first time, after 35 flights without that error.
During 2 flights the recording stopped after 1 or 2 minutes, and the end of the video is unplayable in vlc.
App-version is 2.2.0 with Android, but firmware in the bird is 1.3.20.
C1 and C2 button are mapped to battery-info, so they do not influence the recording...
I re-formatted the sd-card, and for the next 2 flights everything was ok... cross fingers...
2015-9-27
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Yes my c1 c2 are remapped to something also so I don't think they are causing the issue.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules