Can I extract the Phantom's mem card data simply by plugging Phantom into PC?
1465 15 2014-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Or is there a way to simultaneously record footage to phone's data storage, in addition to the camera's mem card?
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Transferring video to your phone takes forever.  You can plug your camera directly into the pc and download faster by just the copy/paste method.  Another way is to plug your memory sd card directly into your computer sd card slot.  You might need an sd card adapter to do that.
2014-12-28
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I've been taking out the memory card---plugging in a cord would be much nicer.  Radio Shack?
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2014-12-29 01:54
I've been taking out the memory card---plugging in a cord would be much nicer.  Radio Shack?

Use the usb cord you got with the Phantom.  You can connect it to the Phantom camera at the back of the mount. Turn on your pc and find in your pc drive where you have it plugged into,  You can open the files and use the copy/paste method.
2014-12-28
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Ummm, I don't think my Phantom 2 V came with a usb cable that plugs into a round port---the type of port on the back of camera. I looked all over it---did not see any other ports like the one on MC or on Phantom
2014-12-28
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

If your going to dl from your platform make sure you plug into the camera port not the platform port on the front of the bird.
2014-12-28
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

What kind of Phantom do you have? v2 or v2+?
I copy my videos from my Phantom by taking out the micro SD card, insert that into a SD adapter and plug it into my computer.
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2014-12-29 02:12
Ummm, I don't think my Phantom 2 V came with a usb cable that plugs into a round port---the type of  ...

you use the same cable that you use to do the updates.
2014-12-28
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-29 02:26
you use the same cable that you use to do the updates.

Well, Gerry, I don't think I can just cram the plug into a round hole on the back of the camera. There is only one port on the Phantom 2 V that fits the cable---there is only a round hole on the back of the camera.
If you mean I can plug the actual Phantom into the PC (not the camera) to download video, than I wish you would just say so.
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2014-12-29 03:09
Well, Gerry, I don't think I can just cram the plug into a round hole on the back of the camera. T ...

Right below the rubber supports at the back of the gimbal mount is where you will find the USB port.  Right under the battery!
Do you have the Phantom 2 vision plus or just the Phantom 2 with the round camera?
If you have the round camera, you might just have to put the usb card in the computer.  I'm not familiar with the Phantom 2 mount.
2014-12-28
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Birdfold your not using a Vision+?
It comes with a usb to microusb for attaching to the platform and camera.

2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

huntarr@sbcglob Posted at 2014-12-29 03:13
Birdfold your not using a Vision+?
It comes with a usb to microusb for attaching to the platform and ...

I think he has the Phantom 2  not the Vision.
2014-12-28
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The Phantom 2 does not have the camera port. Only the Vision + has that option.
2014-12-28
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-29 03:17
I think he has the Phantom 2  not the Vision.

ah,  Yeah looks like the only ways are manual SD card swap or WiFi transfer to the mobile/laptop.
2014-12-28
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

Thank you.  And it is the Phantom 2 Vision.  But not the plus (+). So I'll continue taking the card out.
2014-12-28
Use props
huntarr
lvl.2

United States

You can use the last 20-15% of your battery to transfer photos via WiFi.  Those take no time.  A full flight video can also be dl'd but that does take a while.
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules