1448 36 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

WHAT Firmwire works reading all the threads nothing seems to work all  messes up the osmo  im a REAL working photographer and I used the osmo yesterday and I will say yes at time is works but most of the time is a  mess   DJI  you need to  FIX THIS!!!!!
2016-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you really think the are going to answer your profanity laced question?
2016-1-4
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

do i really care  or should you !  
2016-1-4
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

Even though I slightly dislike your language I have to agree to your criticism.
The Osmo has been pretty useless ever since and still is even after the December update which luckily I was able to install without major problems:

1) Ok, 4k video in 4096 x 2160 resolution now seems to work, but all the audio issues (cracks, unsynchronous audio / video, not to mention the horrible fan noise even with external mic) makes the Osmo still unusable for simultanous video/audio recording, which I consider an essential feature of a video recording device. If you´re just a fun youtube filmer and dont require audio - ok, fine. For the rest: unusable even with ext. mic.

2) The annoying gimbal drift also seems to be fixed now (Thx), and the uncontrollable gimbal movement (e.g. wind during timelapsing) was heavily reduced - but not fully eliminated yet! Being far from 4k resolution and interrupted with weird FOV shaking the timelapse video itself is nothing but nonsense. Unfortunatly even the JPG recording in timelapse doesn´t work really: first of all it limits your recording frequency to 0.5 Hz or below which (together with the ridiculous battery lifetime) leads to a max. TimeLapse movie (24 fps) of about 1 minute per battery... second of all one of hundred JPGs is corrupted during recording so your Timelapse video will have "Jumps" even when using JPG images.
So for any ambitious Timelapsing the Osmo still lacks a bunch of bugfixes! And why buy an Osmo if you have to do all the PC post production anyhow like with any other digital camera?!

And yes - we are still waiting for the promised pre-programmable 2-axis camera rotation feature (which would be an answer to above question and an amazing feature), but I do not want to complain about that one (yet). First do your bugfixes of primary key functions and then the improvement please. Luckily most of these issues seem to be SW / Firmware issues and thus fixable (if DJI ever will be able to perform tests and deliver installable firmware, HaHaHa).

Once the key functions work fine I´m sure DJI can convert many of the currently frustrated Osmo users into happy customers, the potential of Osmo is definitly there - but you have to do it. Now!
2016-1-4
Use props
johnny
New

United States

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-4 13:33
Even though I slightly dislike your language I have to agree to your criticism.
The Osmo has been pr ...

I have tried to return mine, but am getting the run around like you can't believe. Their system won't even accept an email back to them when you try to reply. Impossible to get a return authorization. I will not buy another thing from these guys and I am calling my credit card to have them stop payment.
2016-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-4 14:16

Maybe you should forget about the osmo, go to anger management, get a job, move out of your moms basement then come back on the forum when you grow up a little bit.
2016-1-4
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-4 19:16

It all depends on whether you want to be taken seriously, or not.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

What is your problem about the firmware? The current 1.4.1.80 verison in the DJI website have solved the wifi module failure problem. Unless you give more details about the problem, or I can't offer you any help. Angry and shout won't give you more attention and can't help solve the problem.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

johnny@marchoil Posted at 2016-1-5 03:57
I have tried to return mine, but am getting the run around like you can't believe. Their system wo ...

What is your email ticket and account? I will help you check the email.
2016-1-4
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 11:34
What is your problem about the firmware? The current 1.4.1.80 verison in the DJI website have solved ...

Dear Amy,

"What is your problem about the firmware" - are you serious?
There are tons of problems, some of them are essential ones, and you know about them. Some I mentioned even within this post. Why do you only mention the WiFi connection issue here? According to your release notes the FW 1.4.1.80 did not even fix nothing regarding WiFi?!

It´s the prototypish buggy Osmo and the way DJI deals with all the issues which drives many customers mad. Being individuals the frustration and anger tolerances are different at each of us, and obviously Noflyzone69´s is hanging lower than others. But does being friendly and calming down language help us? No, not all all. All DJI in general and you Amy in specific are doing is to put customers on hold and putting them down, not offering any solutions at all, just postponing them to any vague update which eventually is generating even more problems than solutions. Currently you seem to not even responding to new bug reports anymore?!

But here is your chance to proof me wrong:
Amy, please tell us how we can get a RMA, return our buggy Osmo´s including Accessories and get our money back.
That would really be appreciated.

Thx,
Martin
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-5 14:04
Dear Amy,

"What is your problem about the firmware" - are you serious?

I mentioned that because the 25th release have a wifi module failure possibility, but users can upgrade the 27th version without problem.  About the return, you can contact DJI techinical support, http://www.dji.com/support/product/osmo
2016-1-5
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

I got my OSMO back today from DJI Support department EU. The reason for sending it to DJI back was that 4K and 2K  Video jerkey and stops after 2 seconds. DJI Support gave me a new Gimbal-Camera but they Do not check the function. Getting the Osmo back I need first update the firmware. So how can DJI know that the Osmo is working without checking it with the latest firmware ?

Now after upgrading to the latest firmware the 4K Videos in all resolutions are still working!

PS: Update my post today on 2016-01-13 : after some more tests and using a faster microSD the video functions working well in all resolutions.
I am not really happy with the audio at the moment. Need to test more external microphones. With the MKE400 from Sennheiser there is some noise in the sound. This noise by using external micro is lauder than using only the internal micro.

2016-1-5
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-5 03:16

chivalry is the duty of all man kind.
2016-1-5
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hope you don't use language like that with your clients.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I edited your thread title and your post to remove the profanties. There are people of all ages on this forum and most would not appreciate seeing profanities on the forum.
Please refrain from using them in the future.
Thanks.
2016-1-5
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 06:27
I edited your thread title and your post to remove the profanties. There are people of all ages on t ...

Hi Ken,

would you please also be just as keen and remove all the reasons and root causes of why your customers are getting so mad about the buggy Osmo such as Noflyzone69? Removing the symptons just isn´t enough...

THAT would really be appreciated!
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

thgrab Posted at 2016-1-5 21:38
I got my OSMO back today from DJI Support department EU. The reason for sending it to DJI back was t ...

Usually we will not update the firmware unless the customers request that. After you've updated the firmware, you mentioned that 4K is still not working, could you please send us a few 4K files in the micro SD card? You can upload it to Dropbox and leave the download link here. We would like to analyze the files. Thanks.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

thgrab Posted at 2016-1-5 21:38
I got my OSMO back today from DJI Support department EU. The reason for sending it to DJI back was t ...

Please provide your RMA ticket and email account, I will help you check the repair service.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-6 14:15
Hi Ken,

would you please also be just as keen and remove all the reasons and root causes of why y ...

People are allowed to speak freely on this forum whether or not that are saying positives or negatives about something. We just don't want profanities being used or verbal attacks on other members.
2016-1-6
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Then FIX this mess you have created after taking our MONEY and leaving us high and dry without fixing the problems but only making them worse ! If someone does not scream loud enough no-one will take head that something is defiantly WRONG with your product !
2016-1-8
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Once agin no one has answered my FREAKING QUESTION!!!!    I haven’t upgraded the firmware and still have the old half working one Is it safe to upgrade to the latest ? are their issues still?   Pretty please? with sugar on top....let me know...: )
2016-1-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-14 02:53
Once agin no one has answered my FREAKING QUESTION!!!!    I haven’t upgraded the firmware and still ...

Yes, totally fine to update your Osmo to 1.4
http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2016-1-13
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well Im still confused as I think others are as well  this is the download from the link you sent
OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80-2.bin  
Then I read this( The new firmware is ok to update, the file is named BUGFIX to indicate that the issue has been resolved.)

Maybe I’m just STUPID but I don’t see anywhere in the file BUGFIX !!!!!! Im sorry but this runaround is a waste of TIME !   You should give each one of us $150.00 or credit for ALL the aggravation stress and FRUSTRATION you have caused the people that PAY your salary  and keeps DJI afloat !
:@
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-15 10:38
Well Im still confused as I think others are as well  this is the download from the link you sent

When you download the Zip file look at the name of it, it's called OSMO_FX_BUGFIX_VO
2016-1-14
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 22:15
When you download the Zip file look at the name of it, it's called OSMO_FX_BUGFIX_VO

OSMODOWNLOADS
HomeProductsOsmoDownloads
FIRMWARE

OSMO Firmware v1.4.1.80
2015-12-27
ZIP
OSMO Firmware v1.2.1.60
2015-11-11
ZIP
How to Update Firmware
2015-12-25
ZIP

Where DO YOU SEE BUG FIX???????????   
2016-1-14
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

thgrab Posted at 2016-1-5 17:38

I have learned a few tricks to manage the audio quality, but I still recommend that you use an external stereo recorder and then automatically replace the mono audio with the stereo one using Plural Eyes.
2016-1-14
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok This is so pathetic   and now I can see why everyones osmo is so messed up ! DJI really don’t have a clue or DJI ken is just getting a kick out of my rants and telling me lies as He’s saying Download the firmware that has the file name BUGFIX in the file name. DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-14 22:15
When you download the Zip file look at the name of it, it’s called OSMO_FX_BUGFIX_VO
Ok I copied and pasted whats on the Download page NOTHING I SAY NOTHING  on the page says BUGFIX!!!!!!!!  If someone can make me out to be the fool as I welcome it as I’ll kiss everyones ass and laugh right with you !   ANYONE?  I really would like to get this working as my horizon is way off and no real 4K  and it sometimes freaks out Like Im doing  Now LOL   And yes I do you it in my productions for B roll footage.  

Is anyone else having this issue or  Should I start believing Im in this DJI rabbit twilit hole all by myself?  Anyone?
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-15 12:02
Ok This is so pathetic   and now I can see why everyones osmo is so messed up ! DJI really don’t h ...

Read my post, the ZIP file name is BUGFIX, the BIN file name is not.And watch your language !
I edited your profanities
2016-1-14
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-15 17:02
Ok This is so pathetic   and now I can see why everyones osmo is so messed up ! DJI really don’t h ...

Hi noflyzone, this update is sound. If you right click on the zip file then select "properties," you will see it is clearly called BUGFIX.

Admittedly DJI could have and should have renumbered it rather than leave it with the same issue number, but that apart , it does work (so far!) Update with confidence via your SD card as recommended.
Hope this inspires a bit of confidence!
Cheers!
Rod and the cat
2016-1-14
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-1-14 23:10
Hi noflyzone, this update is sound. If you right click on the zip file then select "properties," y ...

Bless you and your Cat !

THANK YOU !

Aww Im on a MAC you still dont see it but id you copy and paste and then you see it as all I saw was the same file name without  the bug fix

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/o ... 01.04.01.80.bin.zip

To everyone
Sorry and then Im not as this was agravating !
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-15 12:11
Bless you and your Cat !

THANK YOU !

Here is a screenshot form my Mac, as you can see the Zip file is called OSMO_FW_BUGFIX
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 8.36.15 PM.png
2016-1-14
Use props
john_willetts.h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You really are a stupid boy. Before sounding off, try reading the handbook check the forums and ask sensible questions. 90% of the problems are caused by users either not understanding the kit or are too impatient to spend time learning

This is a complex piece of soft/hardware and there is no way DJI could anticipate its various uses and users so it's natural that fixes would be required.

The choice is yours be patient or give up. Most idiots crash their Phantoms on the first flight. It's a pity the Osmo can't do the same when in the hands of idiotic photographers.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

john_willetts.h Posted at 2016-1-16 01:56
You really are a stupid boy. Before sounding off, try reading the handbook check the forums and ask ...

That's the thing I tell everyone, there is so much information in the manual and tutorial videos, user really need to study them.
This wasn't so much of a problem when I started over 5 years ago. Then you needed the technical knowledge about your aircraft because you had to build it, solder everything together, program the flight controller yourself, and many other things.

Today, the price to get into a ready to fly drone is fairly inexpensive even though they are easy to setup and get in the air, everyone needs to slow down and understand how it works and it's limitations.
Drone manufactures may be part to blame for creating incredible machines for such little money.
If you were to buy a full setup S1000, I bet most would read the manual.
2016-1-15
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

john_willetts.h Posted at 2016-1-15 12:56
You really are a stupid boy. Before sounding off, try reading the handbook check the forums and ask ...

hey john go fuk yourself!
2016-1-18
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-1-19 10:19
hey john go fuk yourself!

"noflyzone69" - you should be banned from this forum -
I have a 12 year old grandson who is really interested in the  products that DJI has developed and he takes a keen interest in these forums.  He doesn't need to see comments like yours on these forums.  
Sell your OSMO and move onto something else.
2016-1-19
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Go AHEAD  MAKE MY DAY !
2016-1-21
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2016-1-19 23:52
"noflyzone69" - you should be banned from this forum -
I have a 12 year old grandson who is reall ...

Then shut up !  Watch who you call stupid !  Just because you have a grandson doesn’t give you rights to tell me what I should do or say  who do you think you are  I could care less if I get banned  
2016-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules