Camera "RATE OF RETURN" to its "horizon" or upright position
1907 32 2014-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

After turning on my Intellegent control in the Phantom assistant software.. my camera's rate of return to the upright or level horizon position, is REALLY SLOW when im turning it back to its normal position with the knob on the radio controller..i'm sure ive done something in the calibration or in the settings that is causing this, but for the life of me,  i cant seem to figure out how to get it back to the way it was before i changed the settings and turned on the IOC.  

when i turn the camera back up on my iphone inside the ground control app it moves just fine. (more quickly)just super super slow when using the new silver knob on the RC

i thought i had seen a rate of return setting at some point when i was digging around in the software assistant, but once again i cant seem to find it.

if anyone has an idea here how to help me, id greatly appreciate the advice of the experts.

thanks in advance.

DM

2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Follow these steps and it will work like you want.

I calibrated my camera wheel in the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6" and I can control the speed it goes from horizontal to vertical by the amount of turn I put on the wheel.   In the "basic" page of the 3.6 app, select "rc" tab.  There you will see 2 calibration starts. "Command sticks calibration and sticks monitor"  You only need to start the command sticks calibration and do all the calibrations including the camera wheel.  You do not need to click start calibration on the "sticks monitor"   I can vary my movement from horizontal to vertical from 2 seconds with maximum movement on the wheel to 45 seconds with a very little turn on the wheel.  Make sure you select upgrade version.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

I've followed your instructions specifically..and calibrated the "sticks" on the RC.. but its slow either going up OR coming back down depending on whether its set on NORMAL or REV...

i seem to remember a RATE OF RETURN setting somewhere in the software but i cannot find it.. I'm sure I've fouled it up somehow but can't get back there..does this sound familiar to you?  seems there was a horizontal scale on the computer with notches for rate of return.. was i dreaming that up?

2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 07:04
I've followed your instructions specifically..and calibrated the "sticks" on the RC.. but its slow e ...

If you just push the wheel a little from center, the camera will move slow, if pushed the full turn of the wheel, the camera will turn fast.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

Gerry.. yes.. I've tried that too....when i have it pushed all the way up as far as it will go, its still traveling really slow..its takes about 8 seconds for it to get from a straight down position to a level or horizontal position..

really frustrating. as when i hit the REV button on the calibration tab for the wheel.. its slo going down rather than up...
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 07:16
Gerry.. yes.. I've tried that too....when i have it pushed all the way up as far as it will go, its  ...

When you calibrate your sticks in the "Command stick calibration:  and you have the "upgrade version selected.  when you move the wheel, you should see the X! move to the extreme ends.  After that.  click finish and disconnect from the PT2 app.  shut everything off and power everything back up like you are going to fly,  just have the props off.  Transmitter, range extender,  Phantom and your app on the phone.  Then after everything is on, move the wheel all the way, you should see the camera travel full up and down in about 2 seconds or less.  To have it slower, just turn the wheel a little. to control the speed.  You don't have to click start calibration in stick monitor.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

Gerry.. thank you for attempting to walk me through this..no matter what i do.. (and I'm following your instructions to a T) i can't get the wheel to go to one extreme.. it won't go all the way out to the end during calibration. only about a quarter of the way over.. then when i do what you've explained the camera rolls so slowing coming back up that its almost painful. hahah..

its fine going down but comes back slowly.. UNLESS i click REV  then its super slow going down and fine coming back up..

i can't seem to get it to go all the way to the outside edge during calibration and that seems to be making it go slowly..

man this is frustrating..

2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 07:43
Gerry.. thank you for attempting to walk me through this..no matter what i do.. (and I'm following y ...

It still does the same after you click finish and disconnect everything?
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

yes.. unfortunately...
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Don't give up yet.  
On your "stick monitor"   how many notches from the left does the x1 indicator go and how many notches from the right does it go when you move the wheel?
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

i have the REV button clicked ....so when i push the wheel up.. it goes to the right 4 notches
when i push it down.. it moves 7 clicks the the left (starting at the center point)  

so essentially. when I'm trying to move the camera UP.. its not getting its full range of motion on the calibration graph.. only goes over 4 clicks.
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 08:07
i have the REV button clicked ....so when i push the wheel up.. it goes to the right 4 notches
when  ...

OK!  now we have to calibrate the wheel maximum throw.  

Set the wheel the way you want, either normal or rev.  Then click on calibrate for the stick monitor.  They should move to the extreme left and right.
Then click on finish, the indicator should center itself.

Let me know the results before we continue.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

no sir.. when i plug the usb cable into the phantom and then turn on the RC....
then go to basic, then RC and click "START" on the stick calibration i still only get 4 clicks of movement to the right when i roll the knob upward..but heres a weird part.. when i push it up.. the dial actually goes all the way to the left before going back to four clicks to the right..
its almost as if the value minimum and maximums have gotten fouled up along the way somewhere.

2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 08:25
no sir.. when i plug the usb cable into the phantom and then turn on the RC....
then go to basic, th ...

Click the start calibration to the right one. the stick monitor and move the wheel to the extreme ends.  Then click finish.  The X1 indicator will turn green and should be centered.  You don't need to move the control sticks, just the wheel.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

Gerry...im only rolling the dial.. not the sticks.. sorry to have confused.. I'm only dealing with the dial at this point...
and no matter what i do i can only get it to roll over to the right 4 clicks...
Gerry..i also have the RC software downloaded to my mac.. when i plug the RC into my mac and open that software, and then roll the dial.. the values are out of whack..at rest the center value is 0...then when i roll the dial down to ALMOST the bottom of the wheels throw.. the value is -1000 however if i push it ALL THE WAY to the bottom it goes to 1000 and the black clicker rolls past the end of the downward throw and then ends up and (Positive 1000) over on the far right hand side..

2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 08:38
Gerry...im only rolling the dial.. not the sticks.. sorry to have confused.. I'm only dealing with t ...

Did you click on finish and the green indicator return to center and did you click " start" on the right "stick monitor"  Not the left one?

1. click on the start calibration under the "stick monitor"
2 move the wheel to its extreme throws, both directions a few times
3 click finish under "stick monitor"
4 green indicator on X1 should now be centered
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 08:38
Gerry...im only rolling the dial.. not the sticks.. sorry to have confused.. I'm only dealing with t ...

We are not worried how far the indicator goes to the left or right, We just want to move the wheel as far as it will turn both ways then click finish.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

yes sir.. I've done that.. even though it finishes in the center.. it just won't go past four click to the right..
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 09:05
yes sir.. I've done that.. even though it finishes in the center.. it just won't go past four click  ...

Don't worry about how far it will go.  Now click on the start calibration button for the "command stick calibration" and move both sticks all the way to the extremes AND also move the wheel to the extremes.  then click finish on that one.

I calibrated my camera wheel in the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6" and I can control the speed it goes from horizontal to vertical by the amount of turn I put on the wheel.   In the "basic" page of the 3.6 app, select "rc" tab.  There you will see 2 calibration starts. "Command sticks calibration and sticks monitor"  You only need to start the command sticks calibration and do all the calibrations including the camera wheel.  You do not need to click start calibration on the "sticks monitor"   I can vary my movement from horizontal to vertical from 2 seconds with maximum movement on the wheel to 45 seconds with a very little turn on the wheel.  Make sure you select upgrade version.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

is it strange that when i click start on the sticks calibration that the X1 marker jumps all the way over to the right, until i touch the dial and move it slightly then it goes to the middle?
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 09:08
is it strange that when i click start on the sticks calibration that the X1 marker jumps all the way ...

we just calibrated the center position of the wheel.  It was centered and green after you clicked finish
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

gerry.. sorry to have monopolized your whole afternoon... this is a new purchase for me and i love the unit.. really amazing.. just frustrating to not be able to figure out why this camera moves so slowly going one direction and not the other.
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 09:12
gerry.. sorry to have monopolized your whole afternoon... this is a new purchase for me and i love t ...

I'm not doing anything,  I enjoy this.  As far as the camera goes, in a few minutes it will be working perfectly.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

hahahaha it will?  i sure hope so..
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 09:15
hahahaha it will?  i sure hope so..

Now do the other calibration again

2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

i just did EXACTLY as you instructed...step by step..
I'm still almost 9 second to get back to the level horizon position
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

damon.moberly@u Posted at 2014-12-31 09:31
i just did EXACTLY as you instructed...step by step..
I'm still almost 9 second to get back to the  ...

Do you have everything turned on now,  transmitter, range extender,  Phantom and your phone and have the APP on your phone open?
2014-12-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-31 09:33
Do you have everything turned on now,  transmitter, range extender,  Phantom and your phone and ha ...

I'm sorry you don't have the patience to see this through to completion.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

Gerry...so sorry didn't mean to imply that at all. i do.. this board, and you specifically have been so very helpful...
pls let me apologize if i gave you the impression that in ANY way that i was ungrateful.. i promise that is not the case..

i am a novice.. and don't know what you guys do, but I'm very very grateful for the insight and patience..

i have calibrated as you have instructed me many times...kept reading your notes and trying to recalibrate..the silver dial or x1 and the value of throw seems to be the culprit..

if you have other idea's....i promise i will be patient and try anything that you recommend.
2014-12-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I really believe it's the remote control, not the gimbal.  When all else has failed try this:
TransmitterCalibrationWithoutSoftware.gif
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

when i roll the dial ALMOST to the bottom it shows me a value of -1000 or (Minus 1000) however when i push the dial down as far as it will go it changes from MInues to positive 1000  or +1000.

i can't help but thing that is part of the issue...on every other stick calibration the throws on either end of their throw are the same number but one is minus and the other is positive.. however on the silver dial or x1 when rolled all the way down it seems to roll all the way around and where it SHOULD show -1000 it shows +1000 and the black clicker mark jumps to the other end of the bar...when it should be to the left.. its all the way to the right.
2014-12-30
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

THAT DID IT....THAT WORKED.. a recalibration of the RC without it being connected to either the RC software or the Phantom assistant solved the slow travel problem.. Thank you Gerry for your patience and talking me through many options.. and to Gil for this idea too.
this resource is fantastic.. i was about to pull my hair out.. apparently the throw values had somehow gotten off track in the remote and the basic recalibration fixed it.. camera moving at good speed in both directions.. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN.

2014-12-30
Use props
fansbae7de4f
New

United States

Old thread that helped.  Thank you!
2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules