Anyone in Kansas City
1057 11 2016-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
derekdforbes
New

United States

I'm making a road trip to Kansas City and was wondering if anyone has flown there and if so where? I'm staying downtown and was hoping to get some shots while I was there. Thanks in advance.
2016-1-14
Use props
j432law
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423448 ft
United States

Live in a suburb of KC. Not a lot of restrictions. You should be okay
2016-1-14
Use props
jpwesley
lvl.2
United States

Go Chiefs!
2016-1-14
Use props
Trent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23707 ft
United States

There is airport on the north side of downtown so be careful of that. Most of what people consider "downtown" is within five miles of that airport. It is mostly used for private planes/jets
2016-1-14
Use props
derekdforbes
New

United States

I was considering launching from Oppenstein Park. It looks like it would be a great spot to get a 360 degree view of downtown. Anyone tried there?
2016-1-15
Use props
Trent
lvl.2
United States

My hands are sweating just thinking about flying from that "park". It is basically a patio with a couple of garden boxes. Usually there are a decent amount of people eating lunch there so avoid during lunch. I would suggest going down to either the world war war 1 monument or maybe even cooler would be to take off right behind the Kauffman center...that would give a really cool shot of downtown
2016-1-15
Use props
derekdforbes
New

United States

I've been to the World War I monument before (before I got my quadcopter) and that is a spectacular view. The Kauffman Center sounds like a good spot too. I'd like to be as close to downtown as possible without causing any problems (with people or cops). I'm registered, just not looking to stir the pot.
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

All these places are within 5 miles of the airport. If you look at the app that tells you if it is restricted airspace, all of downtown KC is because of the airport
2016-1-15
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

My new team...as the Rams stuck it to St. Louis

Butch
2016-1-15
Use props
derekdforbes
New

United States

So all I should have to do technically is contact the airport?
2016-1-15
Use props
waynelongop
lvl.2

United States

All these places are within 5 miles of the airport. If you look at the app that tells you if it is restricted airspace, all of downtown KC is because of the airport
2016-1-15
Use props
Trent
lvl.2
United States

Yeah technically...contact the airport. Although I am pretty sure they will say not to fly. Or you could do like the 50 some people did during the World Series parade and fly anyway. Then if you are lucky the mayor of Kansas City will tweet out your "illegal" video and say how awesome it is! ...that's what he did for the World Series drone footage from an ad agency here in town that didn't have permission to fly
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules