GPS waypoints
2044 4 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
claytucker2
New

United States

I am trying to get my quad to fly waypoint to waypoint at a reasonably priced flight controller, but my application will lose reception with a ground station . . . I work in forestry with steep mountains and tall timber; impossible to hold communication . . . the quad would have to run it's course off the GPS on the unit itself.
2014-9-27
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Not really sure what your question is...
But if you are afraid of the waypoint mission not continuing if communication is lost between the air and ground links, testers have reported that the mission as uploaded continues...
2014-9-28
Use props
claytucker2
New

United States

which system-how much? and will it follow full set of way points without any ground station?
2014-9-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

claytucker2@gma Posted at 2014-9-29 10:38
which system-how much? and will it follow full set of way points without any ground station?

I was referring to the full featured iPad GS.
And I can't speak for this type performance personally because I've not flown it this way.
And I've not done this with the P2 GS either.
I'm recounting the observations of other users.
I suggest that you do some research/reading here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... age=20#post29331037
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... age=20#post29331037
http://www.helifreak.com/forumdi ... der=desc&page=6

If you truly need to use a multicopter this way, I'm sure that you won't mind doing a little leg work yourself.
I don't normally point posters I don't know directly to a solution that a terrorist could benefit from...
Sorry, but I'm a patriot!
2014-9-29
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

Hi there,

two things here .... the ground station will load a map either from Google earth or some other means. The map is stored into the memory of the ipad android or PC. So at one point you will have to load the / a map into the ground station.

2. the airplane, copter will know where it is in space via GPS data. You will have to send the data / flight plan to the aircraft, it will figure out where it is and where it has to go.

Keep in mind that the aircraft has to be on the map which you previously downloaded, if not it will take of and it might be gone for good.

So if your map is not correct the aircraft will fly to the GPS markers you set in mission.

In your case height will be very important as the aircraft will treat its starting point a ZERO height / altitude which might not match your maps.

So a little planning would be required from your end
2014-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules