DJI: Auto Power On Option for OSMO / Or Switch Hack!
1416 2 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

I am using the OSMO in a specialized vehicle application with a "remote mounted" Osmo powered by the new battery extender.   
I'd like to be able to power on the OSMO automatically without having to physically move the handle on/off switch.

Maybe DJI could do a new firmware feature called "battery extender auto power on" that would automatically power the camera to standby mode whenever power is sent the battery extender.   Standby mode would be great since Wifi is activated and you can use the DJI Go app to fire up the gimbal at will after that.

I could see this being handy for a variety of specialty and security applications for the OSMO where the OSMO is remotely mounted and needs to be powered on automatically each time the battery extender receives power.  

Otherwise, has anyone hacked into the OSMO handle on/off button?   That might be my only short term solution!

Thanks,

Ted

2016-5-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Thanks for your suggestion!
In my opinion, Powering on the Osmo automatically whenever power is sent to the battery extender may not be very energy-efficient.
Once you're going to start your shooting, you can always power it on firstly.
2016-5-11
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-11 23:01
Hello!
Thanks for your suggestion!
In my opinion, Powering on the Osmo automatically whenever power  ...

Adela - I propose this as a new setting - default disabled!  With the battery extender powered by a vehicle via phantom car charger, it would be very useful.

Please pass on to engineering.  Thanks.
2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules