Renaming WiFi gives me connection status message.
1498 8 2015-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

I renamed my WiFi connection to have my name. Now when I connect I get this pop up

Ooops! To access WiFi from this hotspot, you may need to accept terms of use or log in. Open browser to continue?

I have to say yes and then Google opens which I have to close. Has anyone else seen this or know how to get rid of it?
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Remove your props if you are inside.  Start the transmitter, range extender, and the Phantom powered up.  Open the app on your phone or tablet.  Connect to the Phantom wifi.  Then open the phone app and tap on settings.  Scroll down until you see " rename range extender ssid and tap on that,  enter the name you want and tap blue arrow at the top right.  Now it will ask you for the range extender ssid, which is found on the back of the range extender.  Tap the last 6 numbers/letter combination,  tap blue arrow at the top.  You will see on the back of the range extender "phantom-xxxxxx)  Then go back to reconnect to wifi on your phone.  You should see the renamed phantom-(your name)  Tap on that.
2015-1-19
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry, how to rename it is not the question. I had no problems doing that. It is just after renaming my phone acts like it is a public hotspot and says I might have accept terms or login. Small thing but annoying. It did not do that until I renamed it.
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-20 02:35
Gerry, how to rename it is not the question. I had no problems doing that. It is just after renaming ...

All I can say about the phone is did you accept the terms?  I use a 10" tablet and no sim card.  I connect by bluetooth
2015-1-19
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-20 02:38
All I can say about the phone is did you accept the terms?  I use a 10" tablet and no sim card.  I ...

When I click yes, it opens Google. Of course there is no page there. It still connects though
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-20 02:41
When I click yes, it opens Google. Of course there is no page there. It still connects though

So do you have control of the camera and can connect through the phone?
2015-1-19
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-20 02:43
So do you have control of the camera and can connect through the phone?

Everything works fine. Just that annoying little pop up didn't start until after I renamed it.
2015-1-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Capt. Bill Posted at 2015-1-20 02:52
Everything works fine. Just that annoying little pop up didn't start until after I renamed it.

I know what you mean, I get a few blips when I start the tablet wanting to log into iplay now,  I just have to cancel them,  my other tablet for my other Phantom doesn't get that.  It's just irritating or a setting not right in my tablet.
2015-1-19
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-20 02:56
I know what you mean, I get a few blips when I start the tablet wanting to log into iplay now,  I  ...

This is on my Galaxy S4 phone.  I just tried the Nexus 7 and didn't get the pop up. Just strange that it happened after renaming the SSID
2015-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules