DJI please don't do this!!
2160 20 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rod.email
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi DJI,As a loyal supporter here, I ask only this of you--

Would you stop shuffling the posts around based on support clicks, it stuffs up the continuity of any discussions going on!!  how the hell can we follow a constructive (or otherwise) dialogue or argument between two people with differing opinions if you move the putdown reply to preceed the question!  It's like trying to read a book where all the friggin' pages have been shuffled- life is bloody difficult enough- please don't ask more of me!
Rod

2015-1-22
Use props
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes I agree. This is the only forum I know that does this. Pretty bizarre when you're trying to follow a discussion.
2015-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Sorry to say and apologies if I offend anyone abroad but it is Chinglish!
They really need a proper interpreter because everything is bassackwards!
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

We fwy the wong way and cwash.
2015-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Spoken like the true Elmer Fudd!
You waskly wabbit
2015-1-22
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I agree I wish they would stop moving the posts around. This is the craziest forum I have ever used.

The other problem I have is because of the spam protection I can't post from my tablet anymore.  I never get the characters just a spinning circle. This forum is slowly becoming more trouble than it is worth.
2015-1-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

JATO-Son..what tablet?
I am on an iPad an no issues here!
2015-1-22
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

The forum software should be able to let anyone with minimum number of posts skip the Captcha
2015-1-22
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

hell, i'd be happy to monitor it FOR them and delete it.  i probably view and read this forum 100x a day.  which is probably 99.5 times more per day that DJI looks at it.  they should 'crowd source' some forum admins from our population based upon login activity, if you have people that are VERY active on a forum, you could improve all your readers' experience AND reward your heavy contributors at the same time by allowing for moderation from the community....

but then again, as ive said in other posts, this is not my first forum moderation rodeo
2015-1-23
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-23 20:46
hell, i'd be happy to monitor it FOR them and delete it.  i probably view and read this forum 100x a ...

most forums like this have admins and moderators. While the admins have full control over the board, the moderators have limited control such as being able to delete span or offensive posts. This is also the only one I have seen where you could not set it to local time.  
2015-1-23
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-1-23 13:23
I agree I wish they would stop moving the posts around. This is the craziest forum I have ever used. ...

It a Nexus7 2012 model.  Guess I'll just be a reader and not a poster. I use my tablet for almost everthing.
2015-1-23
Use props
rod.email
Second Officer

New Zealand

JATO Posted at 2015-1-24 00:29
It a Nexus7 2012 model.  Guess I'll just be a reader and not a poster. I use my tablet for almost e ...

How did my thread get hijacked to tablets and spam?  sounds like a terrible diet!!  I want to keep this thread clean so that (just maybe) DJI might fix this ridiculous shuffling of posts when a post is supported.

Here's a thought DJI.  This site is in English and should read left to right and then down.  Please stop playing scrabble with the posts!!  I have just struggled through a long post where some viewers supported some posts and the entire topic turned to garbage because of loss of continuity.  It was a shame as it was a fairly high level technical discussion.  PLEASE REMOVE THE SHUFFLING ON SUPPORT FEATURE.

cheers
Rod
2015-1-23
Use props
Gunny Huntarr
lvl.2

United States

Yeah the support should be used to enforce good responses.  Letting people know that the response was helpful.  Not this crazy reshuffle mess.  Opposition should be used to discourage incorrect information.

Mixing up the order is retarded.  Get the responses back in line.
2015-1-23
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-23 20:46
hell, i'd be happy to monitor it FOR them and delete it.  i probably view and read this forum 100x a ...

gnixon - I concur!  The forum would be much better moderated by the people who spend the most time on it, THE MEMBERS!  It's already pretty obvious that the majority of technical advice is being provided by members of the forum rather than by DJI so it should follow that the forum is administered by those same experts!
2015-1-23
Use props
Insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

I don't think it's support clicks that determine the thread order here. I think it's a timezone bug at play, where someone from an earlier timezone can actually leapfrog a message that was posted before.

Mind you, the forum is still in Beta, so I assume the issues we're seeing now will be cleared up sooner or later. Preferably sooner
2015-1-23
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

test, im going to post this message and 'support' it (everyone else support it too pls).  we'll see if it move upwards or not to confirm or deny insitb's theory...
2015-1-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-24 10:23
test, im going to post this message and 'support' it (everyone else support it too pls).  we'll see  ...

I supported it
2015-1-23
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks gerry, and as you can all see, it has already moved up 6 or 8 posts above original just from 1 support from gerry.  i think we we are 'upvoting' good posts (because we find them useful) it is getting the threads out of order.

i think this is INDEPENDENT of the fiasco this week where the site was borked ALL DAY.  when they FINALLY loaded ALL of those posts at once, they time indexing may have been out of sync so posts and replies on that day should be excluded from thread linear content analysis....

ill bet if we vote enough we could get the reply up there maybe even above the original post LOLOLOL
2015-1-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-24 10:32
thanks gerry, and as you can all see, it has already moved up 6 or 8 posts above original just from  ...

I counted it moved up 16 posts from my entry of I supported it. I see it as #2 from the top, right after ROD.
2015-1-23
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

I have NFI what kind of software this forum is running on but it was a bad choice IMO. Something like good old vB4 (5 is still buggy and a PITA for admins IMO) would have been a better idea. I say this with the background of owning/running a pair of fora with 80k and 60k users.
2015-1-24
Use props
trailtec.email
lvl.2

Australia

Hmmm, my initial post in the thread (which detailed possible fixes for the issue) looks to have vanished. Would DJI Admin care to explain why? Remember guys, we are your customers, we spend a lot of money with you.
2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules