motors wont fire up, stick controls out of wack
12Next >
3084 50 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

okay first off, left stick is turning the hd 3d gimbal left are right, it only should do that with fpv mode checked on the software, which it is not. 2nd the motors wont fire up when I pull sticks to bottom corners. started messing with the software, got it to where if I push sticks to up the engines with turn on but wont  increase rpm. so I did everything I could within the software. next I hard reset the phantom and updated it all again. nothing changed, at this point i wanted to take it out to the gun range. then I decided to hard reset the gimbal, did that and updated again. nothing changed. next I reset the transmitter, nothing!!!! so im considering to just toss the pos, ive had nothing but trouble since day one. and on another note, why would a company create aftermarket landing gear that changing compass position, therefore you cant fly the damn thing!! that's was started all this, crash wasn't big enough to do to much harm though. if anyone can fix this, I would seriously consider sending you a check in the mail or paypal haha
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

First off what computer system do you have, a MAC or PC?  What phantom do you have?
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

its a windows7 pc
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 10:55
First off what computer system do you have, a MAC or PC?  What phantom do you have?

its a windows7 pc. phantom 2
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you download the windows drivers
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6
DJI RC System Assistant_1.2

and what version of the Phantom do you have?
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 10:59
DJI RC System Assistant_1. ...

version 1 I believe because the compass is not inside the landing gear like the new ones. but im actually not sure if I have the rc assistant but I know I do have the drivers and the phantom 2 assistant.
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 10:59
DJI RC System Assistant_1. ...

yes. besides the rc assistant, never even seen an option for it.  and version 1 of the phantom 2
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 11:03
version 1 I believe because the compass is not inside the landing gear like the new ones. but im a ...

Is your camera the round one, or the square one?

You need all three of the downloads I mentioned and have them installed on your computer
The RC assistant is what you need to calibrate the remote control sticks
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 11:05
Is your camera the round one, or the square one?

You need all three of the downloads I mentioned ...

I have the gopro hero 3 on there with the gimbal h3-3d.
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

okay just downloaded the rc assistant!
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 11:07
I have the gopro hero 3 on there with the gimbal h3-3d.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

This is the page you will need, scroll down a little and download and install

Phantom RC Assistant Software v1.2

The EXE file
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 11:10
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/download

This is the page you will need, scroll down a littl ...

okay did it, and calibrated the sticks. I want the left stick up and down to be throttle like it was out of the box so that is mode 2 right? dude I have a good feeling this worked, thank you so much. but we will see. I cant believe I never seen the rc assistant.  I spent like 6 hours today hard resetting all my stuff. my smart batteryis charging. should I wait until its fully charged? I read online that my motors didn't fire up because it wasn't fully charged.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 11:18
okay did it, and calibrated the sticks. I want the left stick up and down to be throttle like it w ...

Left stick is the throttle in mode 2.  After you calibrated the transmitter, you also now have to calibrate the sticks in the Phantom, connect your Phantom to the PT2 program and do the calibrations, Does your transmitter have the camera control wheel in the top left corner?  I don't think it does, but I want to be sure.
IMPORTANT.  DO NOT attempt to start the motors in the house with the props on.  Please remove them
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 11:21
Left stick is the throttle in mode 2.  After you calibrated the transmitter, you also now have to  ...

okay,controller light is green now. always was red. yes I have the camera tilt control. doesn't work now after update.
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 11:21
Left stick is the throttle in mode 2.  After you calibrated the transmitter, you also now have to  ...

okay,controller light is green now. always was red. yes I have the camera tilt control. doesn't work now after update.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 12:58
okay,controller light is green now. always was red. yes I have the camera tilt control. doesn't wo ...

When you connect the PT2 program, go into the calibration page of the PT2 and select upgrade version.  That way you will also be able to calibrate the camera tilt when (x1)
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

This is the calibration page
upgraded version.jpg
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 13:06

I do not have the upgrade version, I have the version 1 where it is on the back of the controller. now when I adjust the tilt it just kinda freaks out and figits, so I hard reset the gimbal and updated again but it did not fix it. I hope the transmitter aint messed up when I tried to reset it. because it never reset I don think.  the light is still green on the transmitter
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 13:06

engines were firing up before. now they wont again... this is so frustrating
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The green light on the transmitter means it is fully charged now.   select upgrade version, then recalibrate.  Then try the lever on the back.  If that won't correct it, we have a couple of other things to we can do,  Don't get discouraged.
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

okay we are dialing it now it seems. but the tilt is still pretty goofy. but the transmitter is not plugged in so why would the green light appear?
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 13:55
okay we are dialing it now it seems. but the tilt is still pretty goofy. but the transmitter is not  ...

The green light appears on your transmitter because it is still turned on.  Did you download the DJI APP to your phone?  We can smooth out the camera.
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 14:00
The green light appears on your transmitter because it is still turned on.  Did you download the D ...

I fixed the tilt I think. I don't have the app. I have the flysight 5.8 black pearl monitor with fatshark antennas. the transmitter is t800 5.8 off ebay with fatshark antenna with a fan. whats your opinion on this transmitter? should I switch to immersion rc transmitter? and I have never had clear quality or range with the one I have now. everthing seems to be normal now... im gonna fly tomorrow and I will get back to you. I cant thank you enough. do you have a paypal?
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 14:08
I fixed the tilt I think. I don't have the app. I have the flysight 5.8 black pearl monitor with f ...

I'm not to sure of fatshark or the black pearl monitors.  I'm running the stock setup on Both of my vision +'s with 10" apple monitors.  Id the camera moving smoothly now?  
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

These are my setups.
DSCN0050.JPG
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

yes I had to adjust the gain. and recalibrate on both rc and phantom systems. man this stuff if technical. lol and killer set up?? so those run through wifi right? what distances are you getting?
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

just a few of my pics
Black River drive in from 400 feet.jpg
Black River Drive In, Black River, NY.jpg
Midway Drive In car show fund raising event at Minetto NY. Sunday 8-24-14.jpg
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

nice work!!! I will get back to you tomorrow. wish me luck, im kind of nervous to put it back into the air with the way its acting
2015-1-26
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

one last thing, why is my gimbal turning will the left stick still? it has never done that before. I don't like it
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 14:20
nice work!!! I will get back to you tomorrow. wish me luck, im kind of nervous to put it back into ...

I'd like to see some pics if you can.  I hope the camera has smooth tilt now, if it is still jerky, I have a way to calibrate that without plugging in the transmitter.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Calibration without plugging it in,  follow it to the letter.  it works  
Good luck tomorrow and Happy Flying.
This calibration is for the control lever also instead of the control wheel.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 14:17
yes I had to adjust the gain. and recalibrate on both rc and phantom systems. man this stuff if te ...

I run these through Bluetooth from the monitor to the range extender for camera and phantom wifi for control connection.  I've been 2700 feet from home with just a stock setup. no mods.
2015-1-26
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-27 14:21
one last thing, why is my gimbal turning will the left stick still? it has never done that before. ...

My Vision + Has yawed the camera slightly with the drone since I received it.
2015-1-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-27 18:31
My Vision + Has yawed the camera slightly with the drone since I received it.

It is supposed to do that.
2015-1-27
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 19:35
It is supposed to do that.

back to the drawing board. well I m back after the flight today, no crash thank god. it was tough though. so here is where I am, im getting vibration throughout the phantom, not sure why. I have changed a prop or two but never had this problem. next the damn gimbal is moving on its own again.  and the phantom seems to drift in all directions, backwards most of the time. I have to compensate with the sticks. im worried we aren't gonna dial this in my friend.
2015-1-27
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

I calibrated before the flight twice
2015-1-27
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

okay just tried the advanced calibration and an error came up saying the mc was to hot and to let cool down??
2015-1-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-28 06:31
okay just tried the advanced calibration and an error came up saying the mc was to hot and to let co ...

Don't worry about that Getting to hot message.  just click ok.  When you do the IMU advanced calibration, make sure it is on a level area and don't move it.  It might take 10 minutes or more to complete.
2015-1-27
Use props
blaisenuthak.em
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-28 07:17
Don't worry about that Getting to hot message.  just click ok.  When you do the IMU advanced calib ...

did it and I think it was successful. but it didn't work. just went for another flight and its impossible to land it without it falling over. so yeah its trying to go backwards. maybe motor problem?
2015-1-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

blaisenuthak.em Posted at 2015-1-28 07:25
did it and I think it was successful. but it didn't work. just went for another flight and its imp ...

Recalibrate your controls on the transmitter and on the Phantom.
2015-1-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules