2415 23 2016-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Help,

I just got my Osmo Mobile and it appears to work fine until I either hit the Settings Button (gear) or the button depicting the Osmo on the right hand side. As soon as I do - it goes back to my home screen. I'm running IOS 8.1.1. I have rebooted. I have re-installed the App and neither work.

Any suggestions?  Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

John
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
If you are able to get a quick video clip that would be great.
Do you also have all other apps closed?
2016-9-8
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 11:07
I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
If you are able to get a quick video clip that would be great ...

Thank you. Yes I have all other apps closed. I'll try to get a video but basically - whenever I hit the gear (Options) it just goes back to home screen. When I return to DJI Go, it goes back to home page which then connects with the Osmo right away.

Thanks,

John
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-9 00:14
Thank you. Yes I have all other apps closed. I'll try to get a video but basically - whenever I hi ...

Ok, I'll go test it now on a 6+
2016-9-8
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 11:48
Ok, I'll go test it now on a 6+

Thank you!
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Just tries iPhone 5 and it's fine, working on the 6+ and will have one in a few minutes.
2016-9-8
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 12:08
Just tries iPhone 5 and it's fine, working on the 6+ and will have one in a few minutes.

No rush - thank you!
2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iPhone 6+ works perfectly. Only difference was the two I tried were on IOS 9.3.5.
So update your iPhone and you should be good to go.
2016-9-8
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 12:27
iPhone 6+ works perfectly. Only difference was the two I tried were on IOS 9.3.5.
So update your i ...

Updating firmware not an option. I have it jail broken so I can customize it. I refreshed it and started over. App still crashes. If you have a chance to test it on 8.1.1, please do.

Ty,

John
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-11 10:47
Updating firmware not an option. I have it jail broken so I can customize it. I refreshed it and s ...

Sorry, I do not. I'm sure that's why it's not working.
You are going to have to update your IOS.
2016-9-10
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

That's kind of a drag but I understand. Is there a previous version of the Go app that supports the Osmo Mobile? Just curious if I could try the previous version. Maybe someone with IOS 8.1.1. can comment if it's working for them.

Thank you,

John
2016-9-12
Use props
chadbello619
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939117 ft
United States

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-13 02:33
That's kind of a drag but I understand. Is there a previous version of the Go app that supports the  ...

Are you running a tethered jailbreak?
2016-9-12
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

chadbello619@gm Posted at 2016-9-12 14:25
Are you running a tethered jailbreak?

Nope. Fully untethered. Why?
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-12 14:33
That's kind of a drag but I understand. Is there a previous version of the Go app that supports the  ...

No, the Osmo Mobile is just recently supported in DJI Go.  

Why don't you upgrade to iOS 9 and jail break that version? I believe the latest version available for jailbroken is 9.3.3
2016-9-13
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-13 04:52
No, the Osmo Mobile is just recently supported in DJI Go.  

Why don't you upgrade to iOS 9 and jai ...

Thor, that would be great but Apple is no longer signing any version below 9.3.5 and that one has no jailbreak. Unless someone knows how to install unsigned versions? Maybe 10 will be jailbroken once releases.

I can use the app but crashes when hitting the gear or the gimbal symbol. Are either of those necessary to use the Osmo?

Thanks,

John
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-13 06:08
Thor, that would be great but Apple is no longer signing any version below 9.3.5 and that one has  ...

Hi, there's a gimbal calibration in the gear symbol that might be useful if your Osmo mobile is unlevel.  If that's the case, you can borrow another device to calibrate it.

Other than that, nothing very important or major feature in it.

You can wait for our R&D team to update the app, they're already aware of this issue.
2016-9-13
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-13 05:16
Hi, there's a gimbal calibration in the gear symbol that might be useful if your Osmo mobile is un ...

Sounds good. I will try that. When you say they are aware of this issue - you mean with IOS 8 (my issue)? So I guess it's happening to others? That's good news - it means it will get fixed... thank you.
2016-9-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-13 20:07
Sounds good. I will try that. When you say they are aware of this issue - you mean with IOS 8 (my  ...

Yes, we have another customer who also has the issue with iOS 8 and is solved after he updated his iOS.
2016-9-13
Use props
Drone1Maf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-8 13:27
So update your i ...

Ken, did you see this video?  I am considering either the Osmo Mobile with iPhone 7+ or getting Osmo+.  When looking at reviews I found this.  thoughts?

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone1Maf Posted at 2016-9-16 00:05
Ken, did you see this video?  I am considering either the Osmo Mobile with iPhone 7+ or getting Os ...

I'm sorry, I cannot watch a 16 minute video, maybe in my free time. I've tried the iPhone 6s+ and it worked fine but you really need to learn a good waking technique.
I can tell you that the Osmo Mobile works great on my Samsung S6.
If you are deciding on which one to buy, it all depends on your usage. The Osmo+ is great if you want zoom and motion timelapse. If you don't care about zoom then the Osmo or Osmo Mobile are great.
If you really like timelapse, then maybe the regular Osmo  or + is what you want.
If you are doing a timelapse or motion timelapse with the Mobile, your phone is not usable for that time period. If you make/take calls or texts all the time then I wouldn't get the Mobile.
I've been using the Mobile for aver a month and I really really loved it at first, but I use my phone all the time and if I had a 2nd device it wouldn't be a big deal. But it was funny taking calls with an Osmo hanging off the side of my head.

So, that's just my thoughts. Since I am a big phone/text user I would probably get the Osmo, and if I also needed zoom and motion timelapse then I'd get the +.
2016-9-15
Use props
Drone1Maf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-15 12:21
I'm sorry, I cannot watch a 16 minute video, maybe in my free time. I've tried the iPhone 6s+ and i ...

Thanks for your response and feedback.  Perhaps take a look at this one.  

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone1Maf Posted at 2016-9-16 02:06
Thanks for your response and feedback.  Perhaps take a look at this one.  

https://www.youtube.com ...

I deleted the 2nd one, obscene language is not allowed on the forum.
The first one the person was running backwards and with the Osmo Mobile very low to the ground.
It's expected not to get steadicam quality from the Mobile in that scenario.

You do have to practice the walking technique to get smooth video.
It's not plug and play and hold it however you want and it's supposed to get perfect video.
All I can say is if you want one then get one and if it does not live up to your expectations then just return it.
There's no point to keep posting videos until you try it for yourself.
Again, you need good technique to get smooth video. And that will come in time after practicing.
2016-9-15
Use props
Drone1Maf
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-15 14:29
I deleted the 2nd one, obscene language is not allowed on the forum.
The first one the person was  ...

I'm sorry about the foul language.  I completely understand removing it.  That said will the added Z-Axis attachment work with mobile? And on Iphone 6splus, should the optical stabilization have an adverse or negative effect?  And should we seek to turn it off?  
2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone1Maf Posted at 2016-9-16 02:32
I'm sorry about the foul language.  I completely understand removing it.  That said will the added ...

The Z-Axis will not work on the Mobile as the gimbal is not removable.
As far as the phones with OIS, it may just be more difficult to get the stability out of it, meaning maybe more walking technique is required. I know DJI knows about the complaints with the 6s+.
And I don't think the Apple settings has a disable feature.
Possibly a firmware will help out, I did notice a very tiny vibration in the handle with the 6s+ attached whereas my Samsung S6 didn't seem as much. BUT, I think that's because of the weight difference maybe the vibration felt just a hare more. The regular Osmo I cannot feel any vibration because that camera is so light.  I was able to get smooth video when I tried but my location didn't allow me to post the video. When I get access to another 6s+ outside of work  I will post another clip.
2016-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules