First drone
1750 11 2016-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

So I preordered the Mavic and cannot wait to get my hands on it!  I have been following alot of threads on this forum and have taken some peoples advice on getting a cheap drone to crash and must say that it is a bit more difficult than I expected lol!  My question is how much more difficult or easy will it be to fly the mavic vs. the sky viper 2400HD?
2016-10-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not familiar with that but have used a couple of toy drones, one thing I can tell you Mavic will be a doddle compared to those little babies, but while easy to get up and fly it's still a $1000 flying around, so there is a lot more you might want to know you will learn a lot of this reading the manual you tube tutorials, I would recommend dji care refresh, but enjoy the ride, your gonna love it.
2016-10-16
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1366368 ft
  • >>>
United States

2016-10-16
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Lear to fly with a Syma or some other inexpensive drone.  Crash it a few times.  Learn to fly a Syma drone first.  Then spend $1000 on a real DJI...
2016-10-16
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

The first quadcopterI have ever flown (or being in the air for the first time ever, Never an airplane or anything for that matter) was a phantom 3 professional. After flying it with the range and flying it with screen only, the "toy" quadcopters are little to no interest to me anymore. I can fly further and longer with phantom quadcopters using the screen to fly. I have a Mavic Pro pre-ordered, after selling my Phantom 3 professional, but I'm looking into the FPV scene for a better flying experience as the Phantom line is "too easy" to fly and there is no chance of the growth of piloting while flying them. Especially now, as the mavic has no "Atti" mode that can be manually selected. This is the first time I have ever been off the surface of earth                    You can see that I stop to think about the next action to take as well. Alsot that's my mom that had back surgery for the second time in the video. She is doing so much better now. She was even interested in the quadcopter as well and even bought my dad a Phantom 3 advanced, which is all he will need as he only takes pictures.
2016-10-16
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Aldi have a great little sub $100 drone, 2 speed modes, no gps, perfect! Fpv but latent non useable. Great fun to learn to ACTUALLY control a drone.

Pop it on speed, whip up a course in the backyard and get your skills up, it makes a much cheaper first crash.
2016-10-16
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

You can't compare a $20.00 quadcopter to a $1000....
Thats like comparing a Banana and a Tomato, the only thing the 2 have in common is the fact they are both edible.
Well both quads will fly... and the simularities end there.

I had a box full of air hogs before i bought my first DJI drone.... the controls were somewhat simulaur however the controls needed to be re-adjusted and the trim would need to be reset before every flight.  

Other then the controls being sorta kinda close the only other simularity was the fact that wind has an effect on all Aircraft so learning to compensate is a good skill.

Muscle memory on the controls another good skill

The best thing you can do is fly the heck out of a simulator... get used to working the software and flying in Atti mode that way...

Don't worry a DJI drone is quality rig.... keep in it VLOS  and in good weather (also use GPS mode to start) until you build some muscle memory.

Use common sense and you'll be good to go.
2016-10-16
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

But there is no atti mode on the mavic unfortunately.
2016-10-16
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

Thanks for the info everyone.
2016-10-16
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft

The Mavic is my first quadcopter. I was trying out the 30 bucks mini drone of my son but crashed it within seconds. This experience concerned me about learning to fly on a 1000€ drone. So I got myself a Syma x8 that I've lost in the first attempt flying outdoors. Flying to high, some wind and gone. Searched 3h with no luck. Well one cruel chapter of learning.

I got another used Syma x8 from ebay that keeps be busy learning to fly from the ground up. No gps, no altitude hold, a crappy camera. Its a good training with a fast learning curve. It also shortens the waiting time for the Mavic. After all getting a cheapo drone is a good idea.
2016-10-17
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

I have mostly only been flying mine indoors at the office due to the rain lol so needless to say I have bounced it off of multiple walls.
2016-10-18
Use props
FPVenthusiast
New

If you're looking for a beginner drone I would check out some of these. most of them are under $100 and nice to fly indoors and outdoors, which is what you want in your first drone.
2016-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules