rotate the axis in Ground Station?
2067 8 2015-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HKRyan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23465 ft
Hong Kong

Just a thought that I am sure others have had, but I wonder why DJI hasn't programmed Ground Station in a way that we could rotate the axis of the Phantom while it was flying a mission.  I am sure we can all see how this would make Ground Station more than just a "neat little trick" and turn it into useful tool for shooting great video!  Imagine setting waypoints along a seaside cliff and being able to fly sideways to it with ground station.  I think that would be really great!
2015-2-5
Use props
swomilan.hotmai
lvl.4

Mexico

POI Feature for WP Mission flying had been requested since the Groundstation was integrated into the APP but to date nada.
Someone cracked the DJI app but to date was not able to get this type of POI flying enabled.

2015-2-5
Use props
HKRyan
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Ah is that what POI means?  I have read about that in other posts.  I just thought that stood for "points of interest" as in putting landmarks into the map.   
2015-2-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

HKRyan Posted at 2015-2-9 13:30
Ah is that what POI means?  I have read about that in other posts.  I just thought that stood for "p ...

It does mean point of interest.
2015-2-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Point of interests, as I am defining in the app I'm working on comes in 2 flavors:

1) While flying GPS flight the Phantom rotates in such a way as to maintain a camera point to a specific location

2) While flying using the controller the Phantom rotates in such a way as to maintain a camera point to a specific location.  You control flight  but the software performs yaw changed to keep the camera pointed at something you have defined.
2015-2-8
Use props
HKRyan
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Oh I see.  Yeah, that would be even better than what I envisioned.  But it seems like such a simple fix to at least allow me to control the rotation of the craft while in a mission.  I wonder if DJI would be somewhat reluctant to do that as it starts to whittle away at the importance of the Inspire.  
2015-2-8
Use props
stevenm
New

United States

HKRyan Posted at 2015-2-9 13:59
Oh I see.  Yeah, that would be even better than what I envisioned.  But it seems like such a simple  ...

I too have been waiting for a similar addition to the ground station app.  I want to plot a course, then rotate the quad as I please as it moves along the course.  Not predetermined POIs; I would be flying FPV and using yaw for camera panning left and right, and gimbal tilt for up and down.  Basically I would be the cameraman, and the software is "pushing the dolly along the track" (mission path)
2015-7-14
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

The litchi app has POI And follow me built in.with the POI you can set it to fly camer in or camera out. Cool feature. Does nice circling of the object at defined distances. Check it out aw www.flylitchi.com
It's available on Google play store. Sorry but only made for android OS.
2015-7-15
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

When I fly waypoints, its usually beyond radio range or blocked signal by trees in relation to the home point, so once that happens you cant control the camera or quad anyways.
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules