No GPS, distance, height in video caption
1624 4 2016-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Just done a few test flights with the Mavic Pro, very impressive stability and control. However on replay to my computer(VLCprogramme)  or Samsung TV next to the video caption the letters N/A appear in the GPS, Distance, height fields. I see date and time info but not the usual other info. Video captioning is on.
If I play the video files stored on my Ipad Mini2 it gives me all the data and while flying this data is displayed on the controller screen.
Anyone have an explanation. My Phantom 3 Pro flying in the same place/time displays all the data.

2016-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you upload two screenshots of that? one is for the letters N/A appear in the GPS, Distance, height fields, another one is fine, thanks.
2016-11-9
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

Hre are the screen shots from the Mavic and Phantom 3. The Phantom has all the flight data the Mavic does not.
Screen Mavic2web.jpg
ScreenPhantom 3web.jpg
2016-11-10
Use props
fans1bcf191b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2991473 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=70578

From the link above it sounds like they haven't added the Lat/Long or altitude data to the saved video or photo files yet, but possible will in a future firmware release.
2016-11-10
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

Curious, did some more test flights today using both my Samsung Note 3 phone and the Ipad mini 2. This time all the data was recorded and shown on the screen when playing back on the computer and TV. Yesterday it didnt record the data. Don't know why.
2016-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules