FAA Commercial Registration / DJI replacement
1007 3 2016-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackage82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27536 ft
United States

Recently I sent my P3A in to have the camera repaired.  There was a strange magenta / lime green color to the video.  

DJI said that they were going to replace the camera circuitboard.  Great, i paid the $$ and had it back in a few days.

MAJOR ISSUE:
This iarcraft is registered with the FAA for commercial use and has an official N number, which is tied to the serial number.  To register, i provided a reciept, a signed affadavit of purchase, there were fees, etc.  It wasn't exaclty an easy process to register the aircraft.....   And now, i essentially have to do it all again...

It's kind of like if i took my Honda Accord in to the shop for a bent rim, and when i go to pick it up they have given me another Honda Accord; same color, same year, make, model etc.  Thats a very nice gesture, but thats not the Honda Accord that i brought in.  Now i'll have to deap with my insurance, and department of motor vehicles, etc. etc....

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation?

I email DJI, and they just said:

"We truly understand that you were expecting your original aircraft. However, if the repair team's solution to fix the unit is a total swap, not only for the specific part that needs to be repaired, but for the whole aircraft itself, that will be the resolution that they will perform to fix the unit.

Please be advised that by sending the unit in for repair, you agreed to the repair terms and conditions as stated in http://www.dji.com/service/policy

If you are having any technical issues with your received unit, please let us know. Thank you very much."

Great.
2016-11-17
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

It's unfortunate but it is indeed within the repair agreement. I'm getting mine back today from repaired motor mount cracks. I wonder if I'll get a different aircraft. Not a big deal for me since I'm not registered commercial.
2016-11-17
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Update: I sent mine in for a stress crack and yesterday received completely new aircraft.
2016-11-18
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

The only silver lining I can see is that you no longer have to register youre aircraft with a N number....
Now adays comercial registration for a drone( less then 55 Ibs) can be done online at the FAA website for a 10 dollar Fee.....
You can then print out an immediate registration number for immediate use with youre new aircraft.
This is assuming you are operating under Part 107....
If you were operating under a Sect 333 ( I assume you were if it was an N number).
You might need to make sure youre excemption wasnt soley for that specific craft and serial number. I highly doubt that was the case. it would have been model specific but the only requirement at that time was that the craft be the specific model apllied for on youre 333 and be registerd for commercial use.
That is why you had to go through the process and apply for the N number. It was the only commercial registration process available at the time.

When I applied for my sect 333 I just applied for a specific model... so the N number would only have effected me for registration... which is an easy fix at this point.
I got my part 107 before my 333 was ever approved... so im no authority on the matter, it is better to check youre exception and be safe then be sorry you didnt.

Sorry for youre inconvienance and I hope its an easy fix..
2016-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules