Magic Pro - Right Stick not being recognized
1049 17 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d337a82
New

United States

Had the Mavic for about a day and a half and today when I tried powering up, the remote started getting "stick err" "center stick" message on the remote and constant beeping. Updated firmware on both remote and quad.  Then I tried calibrating the remote.  During calibration, only the left stick and the gimbal wheel was registering movement on the DJI Go App. Restarted the remote several times and nothing.  Tried calibrating after every power down and still nothing.  After several attemps it the left stick started showing movement in the app.  Started working normally but after power down and start up error message and beeping continued and is still showing error.  Any one know the solution to this?  Pretty disappointing after 2 months of waiting for Mavic to be shipped.

Any help would be appreciated.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please check the firmware version on "About" page through APP after you get them connected properly, make sure you have upgraded both RC and AC successfully.
How about the aircraft SN?
If problem persists after calibration many times, then please record a short video showing the issue, we'll help you evaluate it.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-9
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 17:26
Would you please check the firmware version on "About" page through APP after you get them connected properly, make sure you have upgraded both RC and AC successfully.
How about the aircraft SN?
If problem persists after calibration many times, then please record a short video showing the issue, we'll help you evaluate it.

Hi Natalia: I ran into the exact same problem. My app version is 3.1.1, aircraft and RC version is 01.03.0000
Aircraft SN 08QDDBC01200V4, RC S/N is 08RDDB500104BK
2016-12-11
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

Hi Natalia: I ran into the exact same problem. My app version is 3.1.1, aircraft and RC version is 01.03.0000
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Migue_alex74 Posted at 2016-12-12 15:36

Thanks for the infomation, please try to move the sticks to different directions manually, rotate gimbal dial and camera settings dial after turning on the RC.
2016-12-12
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 03:18
Thanks for the infomation, please try to move the sticks to different directions manually, rotate gimbal dial and camera settings dial after turning on the RC.

Done multiple times, no change
2016-12-12
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

2016-12-12
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Seems pretty clear that you have a hardware failure in the controller. Seems like your right stick is disconnected, and can't even be read.

Looks like you are using DJI GO and not DJI GO 4, which you should be using for the Mavic. But this should not make a difference here.

One thing I would try before contacting DJI for warranty replacement is to downgrade the firmware, and then re-upgrade again, and see if it fixes it. Again, you should probably be using DJI GO 4, which is a seperate download from the app store.
2016-12-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you say that you tried to recalibrate the remote sticks?  

You could try downgrading the remote FW using the Go App and see if the stick comes back to life

Rich
2016-12-12
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-12 11:39
Did you say that you tried to recalibrate the remote sticks?  

You could try downgrading the remote FW using the Go App and see if the stick comes back to life

Thanks for the reply RichJ53.
I didn't try it in the Go App. Only on the DJI Assistant 2.
I intercepted the package to give it a try. Did the downgrade to the 12/06 1.03 firmware version instead of the 12/09 version.

It allowed me to do the calibration right after.

I guess, that although I am uncertain of the root cause, this is absolutely progress.
I will test with the aircraft synced and fly in the clear for a while to test.
Fingers crossed.

P.S. Are you from DJI?
2016-12-12
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-13 03:09
Seems pretty clear that you have a hardware failure in the controller. Seems like your right stick is disconnected, and can't even be read.

Looks like you are using DJI GO and not DJI GO 4, which you should be using for the Mavic. But this should not make a difference here.

Thanks Dana, I'll check it out
2016-12-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Migue_alex74 Posted at 2016-12-12 14:12
Thanks for the reply RichJ53.
I didn't try it in the Go App. Only on the DJI Assistant 2.
I intercepted the package to give it a try. Did the downgrade to the 12/06 1.03 firmware version instead of the 12/09 version.

No sir, I am not a DJI representative. I am a DJI owner of many of the products they manufacture and try to help if I can.  The Go App always you to install the FW as part of the DJI streamlining \ making it easier for everyone to update. I had some trouble at first and decided to just fly the Mavic as it came out of the box. It did a great job the first day. Then I updated the FW using the App. I updated the Mavic using the DJI Assistant 2 for the last update and this went pretty smoothly. So right now I have finished all the FW updates and flew yesterday in the cold .... it flew very well. I also took it up in the dark to take some shots of the Christmas lights in our area.  Turned out okay but was hard to focus on the lights.

Keep us posted if you get the stick functionality back.  I tested the stick calibration on my Mavic and it worked just fine for me. It is a different method considering the sticks use a magnet to sense the location instead of potentiometers on the sticks.

Rich
2016-12-12
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-13 08:46
No sir, I am not a DJI representative. I am a DJI owner of many of the products they manufacture and try to help if I can.  The Go App always you to install the FW as part of the DJI streamlining \ making it easier for everyone to update. I had some trouble at first and decided to just fly the Mavic as it came out of the box. It did a great job the first day. Then I updated the FW using the App. I updated the Mavic using the DJI Assistant 2 for the last update and this went pretty smoothly. So right now I have finished all the FW updates and flew yesterday in the cold .... it flew very well. I also took it up in the dark to take some shots of the Christmas lights in our area.  Turned out okay but was hard to focus on the lights.

Keep us posted if you get the stick functionality back.  I tested the stick calibration on my Mavic and it worked just fine for me. It is a different method considering the sticks use a magnet to sense the location instead of potentiometers on the sticks.

Thank you Rich: the reason I asked if you were with them is that your suggestion was dead on in moving past the original issue, unfortunately, it seems I might have had an actual problem,  even after also trying with the dji go 4 as Dana suggested the problem with the re-ctr stick reocurred as soon as I powered the remote back on.
2016-12-12
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

It's worth noting that when I downgraded the frimware I regained some functionality of the right stick long enough to complete the calibration, but it went away with a porwer cycle
2016-12-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Migue_alex74 Posted at 2016-12-12 22:32
Thank you Rich: the reason I asked if you were with them is that your suggestion was dead on in moving past the original issue, unfortunately, it seems I might have had an actual problem,  even after also trying with the dji go 4 as Dana suggested the problem with the re-ctr stick reocurred as soon as I powered the remote back on.

Sorry to hear that you have a hardware problem....  DJI has a great service repair shop in LA and do not worry, they will do a good job getting you back in the air.

I can't tell if live in the USA, but my Inspire 1 was repaired under warranty by the DJI shop ....the turn-around was about 2 weeks. Awesome job fixing my aircraft.

Rich
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Migue_alex74 Posted at 2016-12-13 14:34
It's worth noting that when I downgraded the frimware I regained some functionality of the right stick long enough to complete the calibration, but it went away with a porwer cycle

Sorry for the trouble caused.
May I know have you contacted our tech support to create a case to send it in for further evaluation?
2016-12-13
Use props
Migue_alex74
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-13 23:21
Sorry for the trouble caused.
May I know have you contacted our tech support to create a case to send it in for further evaluation?

Hi Natalia.
Yes, UPS delivered the RC today. 1ZE80E409096047169
Case: CAS-359801-M4X9Z7
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Migue_alex74 Posted at 2016-12-15 08:54
Hi Natalia.
Yes, UPS delivered the RC today. 1ZE80E409096047169
Case: CAS-359801-M4X9Z7

Great, our engineers will help you evaluate the unit and fix it.
Please feel free to let us know for any further problems.
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules