Mavic & Jello Issues
990 1 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blitzkrieg3002
lvl.2
United States

A Phantom 2 H4-3D owner here and I just got my mavic a few days ago.  I took it out and have gone through my first few flights.  The first day it was pretty windy, nothing the mavic or my phantom 2 couldn't handle, but deffinately not a calm day.  My first thoughts was what a beautiful picture that the mavic camera displays.  I am concerned however on the amount of Jello i'm getting.  it's not constant but intermittently i'm getting a lot of jello.  I wrote it off as the wind.

The next day i took it out and it was considerably less windy, still not completely still however.  There was still the same amount of Jello when flying.  I installed a ND polar pro filter and while that helped tremendously, it still didn't completely void out the intermittent Jello.  I was still getting it here and there.  I ran a gimbal calibration on the controller, and also double checked the physicallity of the gimbal to make sure it was under all it's tabs and isntalled properly and it deffinataly is.  i'm going to give it a few more flights once the rain subsides, but is this pretty normal to have this intermittent jello.  it deffinately is happening much more frequently than with my phantom 2 and H4-3D and GoPro 4 in 4k30.  but i'm just not sure if maybe the mavic's gimbal can't handle even light amounts of wind.

When i test flew it inside i didn't see any of the Jello, so for now i'm writing it off as a semi windy day causing it.  
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Please fly again in a suitable environment and if you have any problem, please feel free to let me know.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules