Has anyone gotten their Mavic repaired yet?
799 3 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

It only took me a week to crash my Mavic into a tree. It was totally my fault, I put it into POI mode and looked at the controller too long instead of the drone. After it hit the branch, it went out of control and crashed into a bush. It could have been worse, but the camera broke off the gimbal plate.

So now I'm wondering how long it will take to fix. The man on the help line said it usually takes 7 days to fix that kind of thing. Has anyone sent their drone to be repaired yet? How  long did it take? Is his estimate reasonable?

I'm leaving the country in 19 days, so if it takes much longer than that, I won't get my drone until late February.
2016-12-11
Use props
naptownmavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2991473 ft
United States

Yes, I did, same sort of situation as you. I had created a RMA and had it sent to California. The problem is that they had it shipped UPS Ground so it took 5 business days to reach the West Coast each way (I live in Maryland). However, once it was received the turnaround time between unpacking, evaluation, and estimation was only about 1 business day. I did purchase DJI Care Refresh and wrote "DJI Care" on the outside of the shipment box since I read somewhere that that helps. Just be sure to email them quickly once they quote you! In my case they sent me a replacement aircraft presumably because it would have taken too long to repair.
2016-12-12
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

naptownmavic Posted at 2016-12-12 23:38
Yes, I did, same sort of situation as you. I had created a RMA and had it sent to California. The problem is that they had it shipped UPS Ground so it took 5 business days to reach the West Coast each way (I live in Maryland). However, once it was received the turnaround time between unpacking, evaluation, and estimation was only about 1 business day. I did purchase DJI Care Refresh and wrote "DJI Care" on the outside of the shipment box since I read somewhere that that helps. Just be sure to email them quickly once they quote you! In my case they sent me a replacement aircraft presumably because it would have taken too long to repair.

Thanks. Mine was shipped out yesterday. If processing only takes one day, then there is a slim chance that I'll get it back in time.
2016-12-12
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

I have same problem and am in new Zealand.... Looks like no parts here and I was told mayby sent to its home land for repair :-/ no dji refresh care available in this country so sucky !!! Why not!! :-)
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules