2564 17 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Hi Guys -

App says "normal" for firmware and nowhere does it indicate update required However I cannot find the firmware: v1.2.0.16 displayed in the about area.

Do I need to update? (I've tried updating by doing what the DJI video and PDF instructions say but nothing happens when power cycling with the firmware on the SD card)

Thank you,

Scott

Firmware

Firmware
2015-2-13
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

Check you SD-Card again, it puts out a text with info even when it failes to upgrade firmware.. but i think in your case it will report "same or higher" as the firmware level.. remember your firmware must be in the root folder of the SD-Card and it should end with .bin :-)

report back what you find and ill try to help you if the above does not solve your problem :-)

Andi Christiansen
2015-2-13
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>

If under the Flight Mode Menu it says Current you are Current. The app will notify you is you need to upgrade.
2015-2-13
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

andi.witech Posted at 2015-2-14 02:09
Check you SD-Card again, it puts out a text with info even when it failes to upgrade firmware.. but  ...

What do you mean check my SD-Card again? I unzipped the zip file and dropped the 2 files into the sd-card root folder (not in the folder which it creates for videos).

Again my status says "normal" latest firmware....

My question is I don't see the most current firmware version v1.2.0.16 in my about section. When I attempt to try and update anyways, nothing happens.
2015-2-13
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

miketeel Posted at 2015-2-14 02:18
If under the Flight Mode Menu it says Current you are Current. The app will notify you is you need t ...

Then why isn't the firmware the current version in my about section on the app?
2015-2-13
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

It does not show in app as v1.2.0.16. because the same firmware is used to update RC and other vital organs in your inspire. that is just a package number :-)

What you need to do is.

1: unzip firmware in the root folder
2: put it in your inspire 1
3: turn it on(maybe look in app for firmware update progress"it will not show anything if you are on the newest firmware)
4: then you need to turn your inspire off.
5: put the sd card back in your pc and open the .txt file to look at firmware progress log
2015-2-13
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>

If I undestand your question, you are looking at all the various firmwares on the craft and their ver #s. The Firmware Vesion listed on the website and the one your app checks against is the Version of the entire package. It's the package you want to be current and the app checks that for you.
2015-2-13
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

scooterlam Posted at 2015-2-14 02:48
Then why isn't the firmware the current version in my about section on the app?

I can create a picture guide for you if you still have problem after following my instructions above

Just tell me and i will do it right away

Andi Christiansen
2015-2-13
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

andi.witech Posted at 2015-2-14 03:04
It does not show in app as v1.2.0.16. because the same firmware is used to update RC and other vital ...

100% correct
2015-2-13
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

So, if my app says that the firmware is the latest version, I don't need to update the TX or anything else... correct?
2015-2-13
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-2-14 03:31
So, if my app says that the firmware is the latest version, I don't need to update the TX or anyth ...

Correct, if you are using the official apps by DJI and not any betas. your app should tell you when new upgrade is available (reason for my statement "and not any betas" is because i have not tried the betas my self so cant say anything about them !

But there is an easy way to check if you need a update.. that is to just attempt to update both RC and Craft and look in the output .txt file what it tells you

2015-2-13
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

andi.witech Posted at 2015-2-14 03:16
I can create a picture guide for you if you still have problem after following my instructions abo ...

Thanks Andi for the smartass comment but when I read your post before it didnt have the steps only your 2nd post. I'll try it now. Thank you
2015-2-13
Use props
joekeantang.ema
lvl.4

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-2-14 09:00
Thanks Andi for the smartass comment  but when I read your post before it didnt have the steps ...

Hey Scooterlam, I have seen some of your work and I know that you own some  equipment like the  red camera and some other stuff! is there a way to get a hold of you? Do you have a website or is there a different way to be able to communicate with you beside this forum?  Thanks hope to hear from you!
2015-2-13
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

scooterlam Posted at 2015-2-14 09:00
Thanks Andi for the smartass comment  but when I read your post before it didnt have the steps ...

Haha just trying to help

Have a good one mate
2015-2-14
Use props
jamesmason1972.
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi
I am having this same issue. I have just received a new gimbal/camera owing to defective unit.  I went to install update as my app is reading the same as this. It never went through the 'update' process but I got a TXT file saying successful on both craft and remote.  looked in the app and the firmware codes had not changed. I attempted to reinstall again and the text TXT file said that the update had cancelled owing to the previous version installed was the same.
The app says that all the firmware is latest and up to date but the V.16 is not noted within the 'about' page.
I am using the latest app of 1.0.1 released within the last couple of days. I even deleted the app and reinstalled as was previously only updated from 9.2 version instead of complete new download from App Store.
2015-2-14
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

jamesmason1972. Posted at 2015-2-14 23:46
Hi
I am having this same issue. I have just received a new gimbal/camera owing to defective unit.  I ...

Your question has been answered in many other posts..

But i am 100% sure your inspire is updated!!!

and here is why...

The version shown on DJI.com is not the actual firmware version its the package version containing all the different firmware versions shown in app.

Simple way of explaining : lets say your hungry?...  McDonalds gives you a happy meal (Thats the version on dji.com .16) you open it, eat everything inside and all inside the happy meal represents every individual firmware for gimbal, craft, rc, controller, camera etc..

hope you understand

Andi Christiansen

Look here for reference :
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... amp;extra=#pid53397
2015-2-14
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

joekeantang.ema Posted at 2015-2-14 09:31
Hey Scooterlam, I have seen some of your work and I know that you own some  equipment like the  re ...

info@scottlamoreaux.com
www.scottlamoreaux.com

=)
2015-2-15
Use props
jamesmason1972
lvl.1

Hong Kong

andi.witech Posted at 2015-2-15 00:41
Your question has been answered in many other posts..

But i am 100% sure your inspire is update ...

Hi Andi
Thanks for your reply....sorry for my delay, i have been away. i have now updated all firmware and got prop locks and have now taken to the skies with success!

Cheers again!
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules