service and support
816 7 2017-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

I purchased a second DJI drone and chose the Phantom 3 Professional because I was really happy with my P3 4K. Out of the box it didn't work. It needed a firmware update which was easily done on the controller but on the aircraft it would stop part way through and I would get a steady buzzing sound and a steady red light. I contacted the tech support chat line. The first tec on the chat line determined that it had to be sent back for repair. Supposedly I would get instructions and a mailing label in 24 to 48 hours. That was Friday morning. Tuesday morning still nothing so I contacted the chat line again. They did send me the instructions that day and a shipping label was forthcoming. late Tuesday afternoon, still no shipping label. Now Wednesday morning, drones all packed and ready to go but no shipping label. Told by tec person #4 I think, that I'll have to wait another 24 to 48 hours.

Great product, lousy support and service.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please provide me with your ticket number? I'll help to escalate the case for you.
2017-1-18
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

I will once I get back home.
2017-1-18
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-18 04:05
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please provide me with your ticket number? I'll help to escalate the case for you.

CAS#414151-J9P0V4 Shipping label came today and package will be in the mail tomorrow morning. Hopefully the turnaround on the repair is better than the experience I've had so far.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-1-18 12:10
CAS#414151-J9P0V4 Shipping label came today and package will be in the mail tomorrow morning. Hopefully the turnaround on the repair is better than the experience I've had so far.

Thank you for your update.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-19
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

When I unpacked my P3 Pro, I turned on the controller first and an update came up on the screen for the controller and the second note was a firmware update was required for the drone. Every help video I've seen says update the aircraft first. Does DJI have a detailed tutorial on how to do it?

Second I also have a P3 4K that works perfectly. There seems to be very little information on this drone. I was wondering what the mini USB port is for on the back of the controller. This controller automatically updated out of the box as well so I have never used it.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans9d8888f0
lvl.1
United States

PURCHASED LATE DECEMBER - PHANTOM 4 PRO+ ON LINE ALONG WITH EXTRA BATTERY/NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTERS & EXTRA PROPS. PHANTOM WAS SHIPPED W/O OTHER ITEMS 1ST OF JAN.. WAS NOTIFIED ADDITIONAL ITEMS WOULD FOLLOW  SHORTLY. I HAVE CONTACTED THE CHAT BOARD 4 TIMES AND EACH TIME RECIEVE THE SAME ANSWER THEY ARE ESCALATING MY CONCERN.  THIS HAS CONTINUED FOR 3 WEEKS.  WHO DO I NEED TO CONTACT TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE. I ORDERED AN ADDITIONAL BATTERY TWO WEEKS AGO AND RECEIVED IT IN 1 WEEK.
2017-1-19
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

I finally got my Phantom 3 Professional back from the repair depot and it works perfectly! No Compass errors, no indication of interference thank goodness! It confirms my suspicion that my other drone, a Phantom 3 4K had a defect right out of the box as well as every single flight had a compass error mid flight. Happy that I can eventually have confidence in the aircraft and concentrate on photography. I must say however it was a long and somewhat disorganized process with the chat line, requiring several contacts to get the shipping labels sent. Tomorrow the P3 4K is off for it's repair...
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules