Mavic Care care covers crash in cold?
507 1 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2a395713
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

I am planning to buy a mavic, and know that its min operating temperature is 0. Well I live in canada and more than half of the year we have less than 0.

Now I have experience with other drones and made a few, I know what precuations you need to take to avoid over current.

So my question is if I fly in cold and crash (normal crash like hitting a wall), will DJI care cover the crash? or they can refuse it by saying you were flying below its rated temerature. I think the only way they can know is form the flight data, so does it store the temerature in flight data ?

any one experienced for a claim of DJI care in cold weather?
2017-2-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I can't speak from personal experience but yes, I would imagine that if you were flying in temperatures below freezing there's a possibility that they might deny coverage under the "Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions" exclusion. I don't believe the Mavic knows / records the ambient temperature; the best they could do would be to make an educated guess using the Mavic's internal temperature, though it's probably a stretch to think they'd try. My guess is that you'd be successful if you filed a Care Refresh claim unless the log showed you were flying at the North Pole at the time of a crash.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules