Thailand

What a machine & technology

2015-3-11
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2283957 ft
Guernsey

Wow! That is one seriously powerful pump!!
2015-3-11
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

markaguille Posted at 2015-3-12 00:39
Wow! That is one seriously powerful pump!!

talking about the bird, not the pump
2015-3-11
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Guernsey

We all know the bird is cool dude, that goes without saying. Just sayin'.
I'd rather the bird than the pump anyday! I'm happy without a pump!
2015-3-11
Use props
Fencinales
lvl.1

Colombia

Great shoots
2015-3-11
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

Are most of the owners/pilots here confident enough with their piloting skills and current reliability of their I1 to get these kinds of shots under those emergency conditions? Also, do you feel this is a wise and safe use of the I1?  I'm just wondering your thoughts.
2015-3-11
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Not in Canada...what this person was doing is Illegal...Condition 26. The pilot operating under this exemption shall only operate a UAV at least five (5) nautical miles away from a built-up area.  It also includes  Forest fires. Condition 23. The pilot operating under this exemption shall not operate a UAV over a forest fire area, or over any area that is located within five nautical miles of a forest fire area.  There are a couple more Rules that could be used here but the point is.  Just because we can does not mean that we should.  The film footage is dramatic and its amazing what these birds can show us. But none the less the operator put the fire fighters and public at risk. A lot of the rules we are currently facing and I am sure there will be many more are being put into place, in many cases  for a reason.This is yet another example there are rules.  
2015-3-11
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

My feelings exactly.
2015-3-12
Use props
mail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26919 ft
Germany

It is illegal in Germany to operate a drone in the vicinity of an emergency scene or a police action.
2015-3-13
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wildcat Willie Posted at 2015-3-12 09:22
Not in Canada...what this person was doing is Illegal...Condition 26. The pilot operating under this ...

Totally agree!
2015-3-13
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

I agree that it was bad judgement but holy cow!  That is incredible footage.

Now - I'm not saying it's okay to endanger or impede emergency personnel to get footage.  I'm just amazed that he got it.      
P.S.  I agree - That's one hell of a pump!
2015-3-13
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Guernsey

Would I be correct in saying that if this sort of incident were to happen in the good old US of A, there would be tv news helicopters buzzing around all over the place trying to get the best shots. This is all fine because nobody minds one of those things crashing into a crowd of people but the likes of FAA / CAA  / ICAO / NAA etc. would be pissing in their pants if they saw a 3kg quadcopter up there!

Just sayin'

Happy flying
2015-3-22
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

markaguille Posted at 2015-3-23 01:59
Would I be correct in saying that if this sort of incident were to happen in the good old US of A, ...

excellent point....the emergency vehicles crashing will cause more damage than a drone
2015-3-22
Use props
marco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1500794 ft
Austria

markaguille Posted at 2015-3-23 01:59
Would I be correct in saying that if this sort of incident were to happen in the good old US of A, ...

Just by reading this forum for the last three months, how many Inspire-1 crashes or fly-aways can you count? And then how many helicopters crashed worldwide during the same three months? ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to fly my I-1 wherever I like but I perfectly understand why most countries would not allow you to do so.
2015-3-22
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Guernsey

marco Posted at 2015-3-23 06:01
Just by reading this forum for the last three months, how many Inspire-1 crashes or fly-aways can  ...

Good point Marco.
2015-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules