43172 270 2015-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-7-5 00:10
You might try deleting and reinstalling the DJI Pilot app.  also, the Image Transmission Quality s ...

The 2 options available are auto and custom, but custom is greyed out and will not let me select it. Ive deleted the app a few times and reinstalled and it's still not working. Ive also just noticed that in gimbal settings if I change from follow to fpv there is no difference
2015-7-4
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2015-7-5 00:14
The 2 options available are auto and custom, but custom is greyed out and will not let me select i ...

That IS odd.  What iOS device and iOS software version are you running? My DJI Pilot app (Version 1.2.0) was running fine without the problems you are seeing on both iOS 8.3 and, now, iOS 8.4. That is true for both my iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3. You might also try power cycling your iPad if you are already running iOS 8.3 or 8.4.
2015-7-4
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

Ipad air 2, it's running ios 8.3. I wasn't aware 8.4 was released! I'm new to apple only had the ipad air 2 for 3 weeks I should of changed to apple years ago ☺. Just deleted and reinstalled again still isn't available. Thanks for the help David
2015-7-4
Use props
Georgi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68825 ft
Poland

I can't find those options:

Suggested solution:
a)        Activate hardware decoding on your mobile device in the DJI Pilot app to reduce demands on your mobile device’s CPU.
b)        Choose a lower code rate under Image Transmission Quality assmaller files decode more efficiently.

any help ? Note 3 1.2.0 app
2015-7-4
Use props
PBGixxer
lvl.1

United States

DJI - Autumn,
Still waiting for a solution to the Gimbal Overload errors that plague my unit after the latest firmware and/or iOS App updates.  I realize with as many people that are having the issue you must be working to find the solution, however just wondering when a new software release might be coming to address this?

Is there any time frame on when that might be addressed yet?  

I can still fly, however if the errors happen frequently while flying sometimes the camera system completely crashes and I can't film or see video until I land and power cycle the unit.
2015-7-5
Use props
gnemie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374678 ft
United Kingdom

Following this news
2015-7-5
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-5 10:01
Spanky bear your an idiot, and dji your awesome!  Clearly not any moron can see and realize your all ...

I love how you go right to personal attacks...

I am not seeing the issues other are having with my P3. My P3 is flying and taking videos. I am using the the latest app and firmware.

Maybe I have a respect for the complexity of this quad and I am not abusing it like others. I see all sore of things on youtube where people are not using the P3 as designed. This is a camera platform and not a acrobatic stunt copter. I don't know... All I know is I am enjoying mine.
2015-7-5
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Selina, have you contacted support and provide the data? I am checking.
2015-7-6
Use props
sns
lvl.2

Ukraine

On the bugs of DJI Pilot app I would state that it looses connection pretty often. From my last 5 flights it lost the connection 4 times in range of 400m max flying straight up, no obstacles. So I beleive that there's something with DJI Pilot app, since the copter did return and was not lost. Had no chance to gather statistics for previous version - flew it just couple times before the upgrade - those were very first flights. Also DJI Pilot apps stops working with that com.google.app.whatever message couple times. This is all for Android version working on Samsung Note 4. On the copter firmware it is well known - horizon level bug (calibrated IMU already couple times).
2015-7-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

PBGixxer Posted at 2015-7-5 20:01
DJI - Autumn,
Still waiting for a solution to the Gimbal Overload errors that plague my unit after t ...

Do you have a video?  Seems the error message stopped you from normally using the camera functions, I will contact R&D and ask for advise.
2015-7-6
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

DJI - Autumn,

I upgraded to the latest Firmware and APP about 2 weeks ago.  I was getting the Gimbal Overloaded Error immediately afterwords.   I was able to make several successful flights but now I am recieving a NO Signal message and I am unable to see anything from the Camera.   I've tried using my Ipad or my Galaxy S5 and I have the same issues.   I am able to fly the phantom but I just get no Video.  Just a black screen.   Please Help!
2015-7-6
Use props
lee5156
lvl.1

United States

chrisclaydon@bi Posted at 2015-7-3 12:49
My VPS is on all the time and don't seem to have any problems.... Running the latest versions of e ...

Which version of Google Play are you using right now?
2015-7-6
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Georgi Posted at 2015-7-5 04:50
I can't find those options:

Suggested solution:

Georgi, hardware decode on or off is only availbale with IOS devices because of problems in the past with the A8 GPU. I guess this is solved now and ppl dont need to deactivate hardware decode anymore if they use A8 devices like the Ipad Air2. With hardware decode off the CPU made everything because the A8 GPU was not stable enough  and reboots occured, the results was 0,3ms lateny compared to 0,2ms with hardware decode on.  
2015-7-6
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-7-3 05:38
No matter what they do do people will get mad. I am in the service industry and will never make ever ...

Great quad. No question. The absence of a firmware update problem is my concern. DJI has yet to admit that there is a problem with it.. Forget the quad crashes and and liability issues. Where is the responsibility for the users who are experiencing their downed aircraft due to this update, including myself, and where is an admittance that we will fix it soon topic. Ive been in the aviation industry for 35 years and Ive never seen a silence of, or try this, issues. Shame on you! for this collaboration of : WE MADE A MISTAKE !!!!
2015-7-6
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Dji autumn,  since you monitor this post,  does DJI expect everybody with cracks in their shell to send them off for repair?  These are clearly manufacturing defects.   Why don't you send us out new shells or replacements.   These cracks are clearly not the fault of the user.   Under normal flight, they are not supposed to break down like this.
2015-7-6
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

lee5156 Posted at 2015-7-6 22:41
Which version of Google Play are you using right now?

TAB S Stock version. (Not updated.)
2015-7-6
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-7 04:52
Great quad. No question. The absence of a firmware update problem is my concern. DJI has yet to ad ...

AMEN, BROTHER!

The sycophants, as well as the flat-out planted trolls in the forums make me sick.

Will someone just say? "Oops...new technology, we tweaked it the wrong way. BRB with a firmware roll-back..."  

DJI would find that most of your customers would be very forgiving.
2015-7-6
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-7 06:19
AMEN, BROTHER!

The sycophants, as well as the flat-out planted trolls in the forums make me sick. ...

Yes Sir Duke! You will not hear from an airline " thank you for flying such and such airline today. Unfortunately our instruments are not functioning today due to a TCAS mid air collision warning therefore you will be returned to your airport due to a malfunction in our computer software". Just announce it DJI and fix it..
2015-7-6
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn...   Your comments do not address the many complaints about the VPS system malfunctioning and erratic altitude behavior.

What is the official DJI comment on the 1.2.6 - 1.2.8 firmware issues related to VPS and erratic altitude behavior?

Thank you.
2015-7-6
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

I also hqve updated to 1.2.6 p3p.
2015-7-6
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

and also updated the app in my ios mini 2 . since then i have video lag and black screens. and the custom selection in HD is not there. i wish i could also go back on the app version.
2015-7-6
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

Thumbs up, Autumn.
2015-7-6
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-7 05:46
Dji autumn,  since you monitor this post,  does DJI expect everybody with cracks in their shell to s ...

Shell should be replaced for new one and warranty for all, extended on shell to next year.
Horrible mistake of quality control and design. It may cause air accidents.
2015-7-6
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-7-7 05:46
Dji autumn,  since you monitor this post,  does DJI expect everybody with cracks in their shell to s ...

For customers with cracks in their shell, now we already got a solution for you. Please contact support with the detail description! Thank you!
2015-7-6
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-7-7 15:13
For customers with cracks in their shell, now we already got a solution for you. Please contact sup ...

April,  I contacted support.    My case is 163575.    This was yesterday.   I don't know if you came up with a different solution, but I was asked to send mine in.   With all of my heart, I don't want to do this.   There has to be a better solution.  6-8 weeks for a manufacturing defect for repairs.  well, there goes the summer.    What do I need to do?  Contact them again or will I be told the same?

and when you say contact support.  You mean online sales or support in the US?  There's a difference there in communication.

2015-7-7
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-7 06:59
Yes Sir Duke! You will not hear from an airline " thank you for flying such and such airline today ...

"We'll be turning off our VPS system (radar) since it's malfunctioning today, but we're going to fly without it anyway...the landing may be a little bumpy and we may crash... There will be no ticket refunds should you choose not to fly with us. Thanks for flying DJI Airlines."
2015-7-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-7 21:52
"We'll be turning off our VPS system (radar) since it's malfunctioning today, but we're going to f ...

I look at the VPS (vision positioning system)  system in the same fashion as I look at the ILS (integrated landing systems) on aircraft.

Most airports have an ILS approach, but frequently it doesn't work. It's up to the pilot to land, the same as operating the Phantom..

Would I like the VPS to work, heck yes. As long as DJI addresses the issue and brings the system back on line at a later date and time, provided I don't have to deal with bad firmware, I'm all in favor. Until the firmware issues are fixed, I'll do without the VPS.
2015-7-7
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a relatively patient person but struggling with this one - no downgrade or upgrade firmware release since the problematic firmware was released mid June. I'm sure they state they're testing it in QA but they appear not to have tested either the latest firmware which is littered with problems for some users and the Pilot App which eats though battery on IOS like nothing I have seen.

Any update DJI?
2015-7-7
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

Many thanks to DJI-Autumn, you are caught between the proverbial "Rock and a Hard Place" with this firmware thing...whatever they're paying you to deal with this is not enough.  
2015-7-7
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

For customers with cracks in their shell, now we already got a solution for you. Please contact sup ...

DJI North America has no clue in regards to the shell crack issue DJI autumn... I'm tired of the run around...
2015-7-7
Use props
shango
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kyokushin Posted at 2015-7-3 02:56
Thanx for communication DJI-Autumn! I have one question,  what about Google Play Service ...

Nothing to do with play services here, pilot app alone is the issue for me, v1.1.0 no issues at all, upgrading the app only to 1.2.0 causes massive lag and flickering, no other changes, same firmware, same play services, same tablet. downgraded the app back to 1.1.0 and lag completely gone.
2015-7-7
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Autumn  any idea on time scale when we will be able to download the next fixed/updated firmware , I would really
like to get my VPS working properly again rather than have it disabled all the time. thanks
2015-7-7
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks Autumn - I phoned support but they had no idea what I was talking about and suggested I send my Phantom in. Do you have any more details for us?

Thanks
2015-7-7
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-7 23:25
I look at the VPS (vision positioning system)  system in the same fashion as I look at the ILS (in ...

Gregg, Duke,

Totally in agreement but in the aviation industry ,even  In ILS approach we have instrumentation that guides us to fly with computer failure. Compass, Gyro, ect, . But if you are 1/2 miles away with your p3 Pro and your mini pad screen goes blank you are in some deep trouble except hit "return to home". I cant do this while publishing articles for ABS news without a blemish on my reputation. I wonder if ABC, NBC News would be interested in the latest failure of drones for a national news story.....

DJI we are rooting for you but please give us something to work with!!!!
2015-7-7
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would it not be easy for them (Dji) to release a rollback patch file for only those users who have the VPS problem (me) being one , I have it turned off for now , but would rather have a proper working unit, firmware 118 and 119 worked without problems on mine, I don't want an all singing and dancing new firmware , only get back to what I once had , wondering if I am within my rights to return this P3P back to my dealer in the UK for an exchange for brand new unit ?   I dont want to , but the way things are going I might have to if I want a fully functioning P3 .
2015-7-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2015-7-8 05:08
Would it not be easy for them (Dji) to release a rollback patch file for only those users who have t ...

DPI-Autumn has posted that DJI is working on a new firmware that will allow for a roll back to a previous level, but when asked if you could roll back to what you previously had, silence was heard.

It would be nice if you could select what features were important to you and only install those features, but it's an all or nothing affair.

If you were to return your present Phantom, you'd get stuck with whatever the current firmware was with all the wort's affecting that version.

Really hoping DJI get this sorted out. As it stands, people that look at the forums for issues before purchase appear to be holding off until the problems are fixed.
2015-7-7
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

shango Posted at 2015-7-8 02:38
Nothing to do with play services here, pilot app alone is the issue for me, v1.1.0 no issues at al ...

Can we downgrade on ios ? I agree the 1.2.0 causes problems...
2015-7-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 2015-7-8 08:13
Can we downgrade on ios ? I agree the 1.2.0 causes problems...

IOS should have the older version in the trash. Remove the older version and put it in your app list after removing 1.2.0 yo a safe place, then reinstall from the apps list.
2015-7-7
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-8 09:04
IOS should have the older version in the trash. Remove the older version and put it in your app li ...

Thank you Gregg1r, done that, went back to 1.1.1 app.
Now i will see if the lag and black screens, are due to the new app or the 1.2.6 firmware.
I quess its the firmware but i am curious...
2015-7-8
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-8 09:04
IOS should have the older version in the trash. Remove the older version and put it in your app li ...

When you say in the trash , can you give more details on how to ?  thanks :-)
2015-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules