o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 3-6 21:14
The app should make no difference.
The drone will pick up sats and record a home point without any app,.
The app just lest you see it happening.

No comment yet regarding the demand (see #367)...?   
Now it's number #356, after the "cleanup" the DJI moderators did to remove the "trolling"...
2022-3-8
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_ViU9QkaYM214 Posted at 3-8 06:10
The guy who still thinks clouds affect gps? “Demanding” something?

Please, always think about the content, don't just talk dirty...
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2-11 11:23
Well, just to keep this thread going and updated, below is my response email back to Dji Support:

Hi There

are there no mods to time people out who post to much.  you keep digitally sharding in your hand an heaving it.  enough.  go for a walk
2022-3-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

I have been doing some intense and detailed research since this thread started so that I could understand GPS better. I have come to the conclusion that YES!!! Weather CAN degrade the GPS signal!!! BUT, it would have to be such a catastrophic event that people in the impacted area would probably not survive.
2022-3-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 3-8 07:58
are there no mods to time people out who post to much.  you keep digitally sharding in your hand an heaving it.  enough.  go for a walk

Why don’t you get a life. You don’t seem to be able to afford a Mavic 3 yet you come onto its platform to give your worthless comment
2022-3-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

I tried the theory of just leaving the drone with nothing connected, no RC and app and since it normally takes long to get a GPS lock I left it for 10 minutes outside this morning while I was on here, connected RC and app after 10 minutes and it had a home point lock when the app connected. You are 100% right.
2022-3-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Read the article below, as we already know a firmware will be released to put an end(hopefully) to the long GPS wait times.

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dj ... ix-firmware-update/
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 3-9 11:35
Read the article below, as we already know a firmware will be released to put an end(hopefully) to the long GPS wait times.

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/

Hopefully the end of this saga is happening soon.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 11:55
Hopefully the end of this saga is happening soon.

Yeah, I agree. The faster we can put this issue behind us the better. I was asked to send my drone back to Dji but not sure now, still contemplating
2022-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 3-9 11:58
Yeah, I agree. The faster we can put this issue behind us the better. I was asked to send my drone back to Dji but not sure now, still contemplating

If its only the gps might be better waiting, you will only have it sent when FW arrives . Really its up to yourself.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 12:01
If its only the gps might be better waiting, you will only have it sent when FW arrives . Really its up to yourself.

Thats why i am holding back from sending it to Dji. I really have no other issues with the drone other than the GPS.
2022-3-9
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-9 11:58

DJI asked you to send your drown back?
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-9 12:08
DJI asked you to send your drown back?

Yeah, they emailed me twice asking me to send the drone back to them. I had originally asked for them to replace it because of the long wait times which was getting worse.
2022-3-9
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-9 11:35

https://dronexl.co/2022/03/09/dji-mavic-3-gps-issue-fix-firmware-update/

Hey, I was right.. it wasn’t a hardware. Who could've  guessed?
2022-3-9
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-9 12:12
Yeah, they emailed me twice asking me to send the drone back to them. I had originally asked for them to replace it because of the long wait times which was getting worse.

If you send it back maybe you will score one with oval lens cover and tell us if it makes a difference.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-9 12:13
Hey, I was right.. it wasn’t a hardware. Who could've  guessed?

I think with all the delays etc etc from Dji side people, even myself speculated it could have been hardware as some was getting much faster lock times than others
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-9 12:13
If you send it back maybe you will score one with oval lens cover and tell us if it makes a difference.

Maybe that's the version 3 of the Mavic 3
2022-3-9
Use props
MavicFit91
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-9 12:15
Maybe that's the version 3 of the Mavic 3

I really think it’s a supply chain thing. It is the most likely scenario. Not impossible that it is a sneaky hardware improvement. But, very unlikely.
2022-3-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

MavicFit91 Posted at 3-9 12:18
I really think it’s a supply chain thing. It is the most likely scenario. Not impossible that it is a sneaky hardware improvement. But, very unlikely.

You could be right. With the way the world is going now, everyone is suffering from getting supplies.
2022-3-9
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

i don't have a gps problem with my mavic 3 cine.  it works fine.  takes a extra min, i just launch, connect,  land, then launch again.  its all of about 5 minutes and with 3 batteries its really nothing.  just if you are after the golden hour plan...
2022-3-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 3-9 12:07
Thats why i am holding back from sending it to Dji. I really have no other issues with the drone other than the GPS.

Iv'e had my M3 since March 3rd......flown 5 of the last 7 days.

When it gets to 8 or 9 sats,  I'll take off straight up to about 60 to 80ft, and once there I get to 12 then 15 then 20 pretty quickly.  Records the home point directly above the landing pad.

A quick work around till the new FW Update comes out.

2022-3-10
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice to see DJI finally somewhat officially acknowledge this issue.  I actually did put something out on this last week on SUAS News to up the pressure a little to and was going to cover it on last weeks live stream but tbh my health was not great and I was no on my usual form.

However I did try to push it along too

https://www.suasnews.com/2022/03/dji-mavic-3-annoying-users/
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 3-10 13:04
Nice to see DJI finally somewhat officially acknowledge this issue.  I actually did put something out on this last week on SUAS News to up the pressure a little to and was going to cover it on last weeks live stream but tbh my health was not great and I was no on my usual form.

However I did try to push it along too

Thanks Mad_Angler1, seems like fix will be coming soon. Did receive an email supposedly from Engineer who I posed a couple of questions. Reply below but still no confirmation date of Firmware update.

2022-3-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-10 13:17
Thanks Mad_Angler1, seems like fix will be coming soon. Did receive an email supposedly from Engineer who I posed a couple of questions. Reply below but still no confirmation date of Firmware update.

[view_image]

DJI does not typically acknowledge an issue directly, nor commit to delivering a fix for the issue.  I wish for DJI to adopt this approach more regularly.  Kudos DJI, and please keep this up!  We really do appreciate and benefit from this level of transparency.
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Charles Adams Posted at 3-10 13:35
DJI does not typically acknowledge an issue directly, nor commit to delivering a fix for the issue.  I wish for DJI to adopt this approach more regularly.  Kudos DJI, and please keep this up!  We really do appreciate and benefit from this level of transparency.

I had written to them specifically asking to get a reply from engineer, it took about 5 days to get this reply. I think its genuine, I didn’t expect anymore information. Hoping now it won’t be too long for new FW.
2022-3-10
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-10 13:48
I had written to them specifically asking to get a reply from engineer, it took about 5 days to get this reply. I think its genuine, I didn’t expect anymore information. Hoping now it won’t be too long for new FW.

Assuming worst case that this is "less than genuine", then my message is:  DJI, this is how we wish for you to behave.  This level of transparency would benefit your relationship with your customers.
2022-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Charles Adams Posted at 3-10 14:09
Assuming worst case that this is "less than genuine", then my message is:  DJI, this is how we wish for you to behave.  This level of transparency would benefit your relationship with your customers.

There's still no real answer.
DJI have said soon ... but what does that mean?
Does it mean something or is it just a hopeful aspiration?
Whenever they were asked they would have said it will be fixed soon.
How long ago did they say soon?

When did DJI start looking into the issue?
You would hope it was at least a month ago (but there's no way to know).
If they did start a month ago and still can only say a calming "soon", it's not a good sign.
2022-3-10
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

We still waiting for a proper fix including Airsense to be released officially.
2022-4-9
Use props
Dronezee
Banned
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules