46853 1324 2022-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

WiscoPaddler Posted at 11-4 06:37
I put in for repair and just noted a blurry focus issue.  I didn't contact support otherwise because of the round and round reports I've heard.  I was outside of the return window by a few days, that's why I went with repair.  All covered and no charge for me though.

That’s probably the same person that worked in my camera because I noticed the workstation is exactly the same haha. Is this from the California repair facility? Most likely you will receive a brand new camera with another cage, battery and mounts. My second unit was sent back because it has the same problem and they diagnosed it as another “lens module malfunction”.
2022-11-4
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

JustName Posted at 11-4 06:07
Did you requested a full replacement, or repair?

I had only asked for a solution to the problem, whatever it was.
2022-11-4
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 11-4 07:02
That’s probably the same person that worked in my camera because I noticed the workstation is exactly the same haha. Is this from the California repair facility? Most likely you will receive a brand new camera with another cage, battery and mounts. My second unit was sent back because it has the same problem and they diagnosed it as another “lens module malfunction”.

Very lucky, like me!
2022-11-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MarcoR Posted at 11-4 08:51
Very lucky, like me!

I see you are still wasting your life banging on about this
2022-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JustName Posted at 11-4 05:34
As we can see in some other threads DJI-Support ist now asking for the serial number, so it seems to be a known issue on a specific batch of cams.

Where is this thread that’s asking for serial numbers ?
2022-11-4
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-4 09:11
I see you are still wasting your life banging on about this

I see you are still wasting your life.
But deep down you are right.
2022-11-4
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

DJI recommends these settings to make videos and check whether the problem exists or not, received via email:

1) ISO: 100-200;
2) EV: 0; Make sure that the ambient brightness is bright enough;
3) FOV: Wide
4) Resolution/Frame Rate: 16:9 & Steady Disabled & 4K25 or 4K30;
5) Fixed Capturing: Make sure that the camera and outer box remain fixed during capturing.

I don't think they told me new things, but I'm a little displeased with that 16:9 and Wide, so digitally cropped?
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15748 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-4 09:11
I see you are still wasting your life banging on about this

It's his time, his money and his camera I don't see why you're being so toxic to him. Just because you got a decent unit doesn't mean that is the case for everyone else.

Let the man live.
2022-11-4
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_BDqfjZQkO1rk Posted at 11-4 10:39
It's his time, his money and his camera I don't see why you're being so toxic to him. Just because you got a decent unit doesn't mean that is the case for everyone else.

Let the man live.

The reasons for such hostility are understandable, so I just laugh about it and give it no weight.
It could be a DJI fan regardless, a DJI dealer, someone who has DJI stock actions, someone who works at DJI sent here to defend the indefensible, so he may have very good reasons.
But when there is for me an obvious loss of objectivity that opinions are useful as flies, produce only a useless buzz.
I don't lend any interest to this, it just makes me smile, I am instead interested in what DJI is doing, which has not yet officially commented on the obvious issue.
And of course they may never do so, as this would cost them considerable image damage, so big loss of money.
This is a photo taken from another thread, more blatant than that I think, and these are tests I also did comparing OA3 to a much older action cam, so nothing new for me, only confirmation.
DJI has done something wrong, skimped on lenses or something else, but something wrong it has blatantly done because the differences are not small but abysmal, needless to turn around.
Okay that the focus in the action cam is fixed at infinity, okay that the sensor is so small, okay that it is not a Pocket 2, but other action cams even cheap ones with the same FOV, Mpx sensor and aperture are in focus well near, far, everywhere, it does not take an enlightened mind to see and understand it.
How will they have succeeded? I don't care, I care instead how DJI failed to do it.
To continue to assert otherwise denotes either a lack of reasonable objectivity or being blind.
What would be the point of the RockSteady, good dynamic range, Horizon-Balance, dual touch display, high bitrate, long battery life, fast charging and magnetic docking if it is not in focus?
It's like owning a Ferrari with retreaded tires and a transmission that only works in first gear, and the one with the Prinz overtakes showing you the middle finger.
If others are happy I am happy for them, but I'm not happy at all seeing this questionable result since I bought an OA3.

From XIAOMI YI (2016, 6 years ago) specs:

Image Processor:  Ambarella A7LS high-performance processor
Image Sensor:  16MP Sony EXMOR R CMOS BSI image sensor
Lens:   155ᵒ ultra wide angle glass lens / F2.8 Aperture
090821lfh1nvfopo99pkpv.jpg
2022-11-4
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

The final setup and calibration of my action camera.
Lens calibration process.

Final lens calibration.

p.s. no lenses, etc. everything is in stock.
2022-11-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Zarg Posted at 11-5 00:16
The final setup and calibration of my action camera.
Lens calibration process.
[view_image]

TOP! This is the result I would have expected but stock from DJI!
Please now let us see how it performs in normal use, because if it creates blurs from a distance it would be useless anyway.
Infinity (fixed) focus cams have a point where they are more in focus anyway, putting it well up close and then having a questionable result from a distance would be useless.
2022-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---Deleted---
2022-11-5
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

Here is the video:   Wait for 4k processing.
I made these videos yesterday, this is how the lens calibration process began. Guess yourself where of the three clips the focus starts to work. It was cloudy yesterday. Today it was sunny and I finished the calibration process, I won’t upload the final video yet, I can only say that I’m completely satisfied with everything, I personally didn’t expect it to be so easy to do it all!
2022-11-5
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

MarcoR Posted at 11-4 23:00
The reasons for such hostility are understandable, so I just laugh about it and give it no weight.
It could be a DJI fan regardless, a DJI dealer, someone who has DJI stock actions, someone who works at DJI sent here to defend the indefensible, so he may have very good reasons.
But when there is for me an obvious loss of objectivity that opinions are useful as flies, produce only a useless buzz.

I couldn't have written it better, and the reason why I won't return the second piece of OA3 yet is its huge non-image advantages with an easy repair (dioptric front protective glass) that I'm waiting for (or another intervention in the mechanics of the lens, which I'm personally not afraid of when there's a manual). When I run out of arguments, I also approach the comparison and that with Ferrari is apt, maybe the second gear will be put on summer tires on the snow Maybe our trolls are also working for the competition, so that the number of users will grow even more and then it will burst into a huge bubble that will burst one day all kinds of media will be full and the DJI brand will suffer even more....speculation ;)
But I emphasize that if someone does not mind the shifted DOF on newer pieces, then it is his will and his pleasure, which is great and he has no reason to read similar forums and wait for hack, summoner...
2022-11-5
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

MarcoR Размещено в 11-5 00:19
ТОП! Это результат, которого я ожидал, но запас от DJI!
Пожалуйста, теперь давайте посмотрим, как он работает при обычном использовании, потому что, если он создает размытие на расстоянии, он все равно будет бесполезен.
Камеры с бесконечным (фиксированным) фокусом имеют точку, в которой они в любом случае находятся в фокусе, поэтому размещение их близко, а затем получение сомнительного результата на расстоянии было бы бесполезным.

Моя главная проблема заключалась в том, что левая сторона была в фокусе, а правая – нет, если вы помните. Поэтому мне было важно сделать правильный акцент. И теперь у меня есть возможность менять фокус, как я хочу.
ps камера не разбиралась для процесса калибровки объектива.

2022-11-5
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Zarg Posted at 11-5 01:11
My main problem was that the left side was in focus, but the right side was not, if you remember. Therefore, it was important for me to make the right focus. And now I have the opportunity to change the focus as I want.
p.s. the camera was not disassembled for the lens calibration process.

Zarg, perfect job. Can you take a picture of what your OA3 looks like after hacking? As an aggressor, with his anger he forced the lenses to line up in the right position in relation to himself and the sensor.....I'm sorry, I had to, because people easily fall for brainwashing and see what the media wants them to see.... ;)

0:19
0:39

2022-11-5
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

StevoB Posted at 11-5 01:20
Zarg, perfect job. Can you take a picture of what your OA3 looks like after hacking? ;)
0:39

Now, if anyone forgot what my trick was.

2022-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Моя главная проблема заключалась в том, что левая сторона была в фокусе, а правая – нет, если вы помните. Поэтому мне было важно сделать правильный акцент. И теперь у меня есть возможность менять фокус, как я хочу.

---Deleted---
2022-11-5
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Disclode disclose disclose
Does the magnet from the protective case deflect the weakly magnetic photons in the right direction?

2022-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---Deleted---
2022-11-5
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-5 01:51
Вам нужно перефокусировать объектив вручную для съемки вблизи и вдали?

For now, I am convinced that it is necessary to intervene physically, but I am happy to be convinced that it can be done more easily. Huh?
2022-11-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Yes, I remember your problem well.
Hasn't it been disassembled? I understand then if you don't want to reveal the trick here, let DJI boil it down!
2022-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

A easy and cheap way to fix the focus issue is to put a +2 contact lens directly on the lens itself (not protective glass)

https://www.aao.org/eye-health/glasses-contacts/contact-lens-102
2022-11-5
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

johansenfoto Posted at 11-5 02:41
A easy and cheap way to fix the focus issue is to put a +2 contact lens directly on the lens itself (not protective glass)

Simply the best
2022-11-5
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

A easy and cheap way to fix the focus issue is to put a +2 contact lens directly on the lens itself (not protective glass)

This option is most likely not suitable. Since a contact lens has a large sphere, how do you attach it to the lens?
I tried a Japanese +2 lens. Yes, it gets better, but there are problems:
1. Distortion is very strong in standard mode.
2. Constant light.
3. Inconvenience of use
This option did not suit me at all.
Here is a photo with a +2 lens:

2022-11-5
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Zarg Posted at 11-5 01:24
Now, if anyone forgot what my trick was.
[view_image]
[view_image]

So can you share, how you achieve these results ?
2022-11-5
Use props
Zarg
lvl.2

Russia

Kamen666 Posted at 11-5 03:09
So can you share, how hou achieve these results ?

I will most likely make a separate video and post it on my main YouTube channel. (the channel on which I posted is not the main one).
Since DJI and the seller from Aliexpress from whom I bought the camera both threw me when I contacted them under warranty, I had no choice but to solve the problem on my own, since now I have no warranty on the camera.
I want to say right away that my method may not be suitable specifically for your camera, but I am sure that I have found the source of the problem. Because it helped me. And you should also understand that you automatically fly out of the warranty on the camera.
To solve the problem, the camera does not need to be disassembled!
When I make a video, I'll post the link here.
p.s. I don't want DJI to fix the focus problem in problem cameras in my way. Stop testing on people, you need to immediately make a quality product, and if it doesn’t work out, then you need to withdraw problematic cameras or replace them with serviceable ones. Most people shoot themselves with an action camera and the face should be in focus and it's pointless to argue with that.
That's all I have for sure...
2022-11-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Yes, I think he did that, finding the right contact lens and sticking it under the protective glass.
2022-11-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Zarg Posted at 11-5 03:39
I will most likely make a separate video and post it on my main YouTube channel. (the channel on which I posted is not the main one).
Since DJI and the seller from Aliexpress from whom I bought the camera both threw me when I contacted them under warranty, I had no choice but to solve the problem on my own, since now I have no warranty on the camera.
I want to say right away that my method may not be suitable specifically for your camera, but I am sure that I have found the source of the problem. Because it helped me. And you should also understand that you automatically fly out of the warranty on the camera.

LOL, 100% agree!
Only one thing I wouldn't agree with you on: we have all always been beta testers for DJI!
On each product.
And it is normal, it is in distribution to the public that the warts come out, more eyes see better than a few.
But DJI had accustomed us very well for a long time, which is why something like this I would never have expected from DJI.
2022-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

---Deleted---
2022-11-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Man why fight the return and try to fix something you did not make.    if it ain't broken do not break it
2022-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-5 04:02
Man why fight the return and try to fix something you did not make.    if it ain't broken do not break it

---Deleted---
2022-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Zarg Posted at 11-5 03:02
This option is most likely not suitable. Since a contact lens has a large sphere, how do you attach it to the lens?
I tried a Japanese +2 lens. Yes, it gets better, but there are problems:
1. Distortion is very strong in standard mode.

Your setup do work actually good enough.

What I was thinking is a contact lens is actually stitching to the glass itself like your eyes.
2022-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Now the background is in focus but not her face. But do look good enough for me to be happy I that was mine

2022-11-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

johansenfoto Posted at 11-5 04:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Sf4O3hgxc

Now the background is in focus but not her face. But do look good enough for me to be happy I that was mine

In the face identical problem imho, background good.
2022-11-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-5 04:05
Fish, if our 14 day return is up and we return for repair, it’s coming back pretty much the same. Mine is one of the first.

A recall is needed. (Except for those that are happy with it)

on a personal note one did return wit the care and got a spanking new camera that is what the warranty is about, 90 day  free of defects I must bee too old for this
2022-11-5
Use props
Kamen666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246194 ft
Bulgaria

Zarg Posted at 11-5 03:39
I will most likely make a separate video and post it on my main YouTube channel. (the channel on which I posted is not the main one).
Since DJI and the seller from Aliexpress from whom I bought the camera both threw me when I contacted them under warranty, I had no choice but to solve the problem on my own, since now I have no warranty on the camera.
I want to say right away that my method may not be suitable specifically for your camera, but I am sure that I have found the source of the problem. Because it helped me. And you should also understand that you automatically fly out of the warranty on the camera.

Thanks !
I'll be waiting for your next post and video
2022-11-5
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 11-5 06:38
on a personal note one did return wit the care and got a spanking new camera that is what the warranty is about, 90 day  free of defects I must bee too old for this

---Deleted---
2022-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

MarcoR Posted at 11-5 05:35
In the face identical problem imho, background good.

And I watched her video again, and I see that it is softer on left side than on right side if you check at
1:17.
2022-11-5
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

johansenfoto Posted at 11-5 07:23
And I watched her video again, and I see that it is softer on left side than on right side if you check at
1:17.

Yes it is, but in those places it is really difficult for it to be in focus well with this FOV.
GoPro in the edge end is also not the best.
I wouldn't care so much if in ultra wide there was a little blurring at the sides, I would use it in wide but in the centre no, it has to be in focus
2022-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules