Flyaway problem with DJI Inspire! lost my drone 4th time this time for good
8434 51 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

I was simply pointing out some factual issues with perceived distances and the fact that the Inspire is no longer Line Of Sight at 2/3 of a statute mile. If it is it would be just barely visible. The reason for the disaster has yet to be determined as I understand it. I would prefer to give the benefit of doubt to the OP as he has the least leverage in this battle and I tend to support the underdog.
However, I would like to suggest that anyone dumping $4000.00 plus or minus would be wise to use proven support equipment. I do not trust that DJI have invested as much time in development and integration as they have with mainstream tablets or phones. That is why I read the threads carefully before I settled on an Ipad mini 2.
I apologize if I offended the OP it was clearly not my intent. My post was aimed at taking ownership of the facts so that others may learn from them.
Good luck with future flights, I know this is just part of the learning curve for both DJI and us test pilots.
2015-6-9
Use props
djiflyaway
New

United States

videohh.gmail Posted at 2015-5-1 22:21
Sorry to hear.  Ive got 3 phantoms and a Inspire.  Hundreds of hours.  Not one fly away.  I attribut ...

And yet DJI does knows about flyaways, and does nothing to tell the user "do not fly unless you have 6 satellites acquired".

Mine dji flew away 4 hours ago.  It was about about 60 - 75 up, and just decided to take off on its own.  Had I known about this issue with DJI I would never had purchased one.

I regret telling others how great DJI is. DJI could have a great product if they got their act together.
2015-6-14
Use props
renebertschi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 620620 ft
Canada

leojeremias Posted at 2015-5-2 01:28
a few thousand feet max

That is stupid, as per FAA regulations you should have visual contact with your Inspire at all times?
2015-6-15
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-15
Use props
djiflyaway
New

United States

patersonward.ho Posted at 2015-6-15 21:20
LOLOL did you try to turn GPS mode off??????  Why don't people just switch to ATTi mode for fks sake ...

Really, ATTI mode prevents flyaways

Fks sake, someone should have informed mine of that yesterday as it flew in ATTI mode and was only 60 - 70 feet from me when it decided to fly away.

2015-6-15
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

leojeremias Posted at 2015-6-6 03:38
They  offered a 50% discount to buy another one, which I think is a ridiculous settlement given it w ...

My advice is buy the parrot, then get in contact with the military as if you can spot an inspire mile/s away the military would love your bionic eyes.
2015-6-16
Use props
patersonward.ho
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-16
Use props
reverett.start
lvl.1

Canada

leojeremias Posted at 2015-5-23 12:43
I was about to flame you for being a retard, and point out that someone telling me I dont have com ...

*You're* and don't be so ignorant!
2015-6-18
Use props
MeggaFlyer
New

United States

After reading all the posts, just wanted to give my experience as to what happened to my drone....
I had it 2 days, was practicing with it, had my Inspire 1 up about 30 feet, just practicing hovering and making some test flights, my home point was set right and set the altitude for the fail safe.
It just took off on it's own, I was able to track it on GPS to the last known area, in which it said it was 80 feet up, and it was going 64mph when it stopped tracking.
I'm uploading a picture of the route it took, went to the exact spot, it took me into the woods where a huge tree was, couldn't see to well at the top of it, it was densely wooded with lots of branches and leaves.
Had a friend climb up with hooks about 90 feet, no drone in sight?!It will not let me upload a picture of the mapped area for you to see, I've searched a 1 mile radius of the last known GPS location to no avail....
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

drone route.jpg
2015-7-16
Use props
Kazakh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1268980 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Greetings, today, my drone flew away. The flying with my first battery was normal. After I replaced the battery and collebrated the campus, I took off the drone. In 10 seconds, it started quickly drifting to one side. I tried to return it back to its position but it was misbehaving. Then in another 15 seconds I lost control over the drone. I initiated return-home procedure but it only lowered landing gear. It eventually crashed 500 meters away.  The landing leg bended inside a little and camera mount together with a camera was ripped away. I asked the support team the following questions that was not answered: I was wondering what is the main reason for flyaway. Can I use this drone now? How can I make sure that it does not fly away in future? How can I test the drone now for integrity and whether I can continue using it?
2015-7-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kazakh Posted at 2015-7-17 03:04
Greetings, today, my drone flew away. The flying with my first battery was normal. After I replaced  ...

My question is have you shared the Flight Data Logs with DJI.  We can discern what happened with the craft with those logs.  I would recommend that you open a ticket and send the logs in along with the Inspire to have it repaired.
2015-7-16
Use props
MeggaFlyer
New

United States

Kazakh Posted at 2015-7-17 03:04
Greetings, today, my drone flew away. The flying with my first battery was normal. After I replaced  ...

My question is have you shared the Flight Data Logs with DJI.  We can discern what happened with the craft with those logs.  I would recommend that you open a ticket and send the logs in along with the Inspire to have it repaired.

@Tahoe_Ed
Can you discern what happened to my drone with my logs as well??
2015-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules