Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansec25ac0e Posted at 3-5 15:12
phantomhelp.com/logviewer/0JWCWC4YVUP2V2OPGRDG]flight log

think this will work?

Why did you reset the homepoint so many times?
The drone will record its own homepoint and there's no need to reset it unless you are doing it for a particular reason.

Resetting using the map introduces an extra complication if the point you indicate on the map is wrong.

The attached pic shows the locations of all the homepoints involved in this incident.
GPS Home is where the drone set its own homepoint as soon as it had good GPS location data.
Home 1, 2, 3 & 4 are places you reset the home point to.
Home 4 looks like the drone would have had to fly through a tree to get to it.

I'm not certain why, but the drone was returning to the original homepoint (that I marked as GPS Home.
The reason isn't clear as the flight data shows Home 4 as the most recently updated home point location.

I'd suggest trying again.
But keep things simple and don't complicate things by attempting to reset the home point.
HP.jpg
2022-3-5
Use props
col2022
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287224 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for you're help, to be honest I was nervous trying to create a test flight and wanted to make sure i was setting it up in a way that would test what I saw in a previous flight, will test again and use the takeoff homepoint, will go a little further away from the road this time, and stand further away from the drone just incase, thanks.
2022-3-6
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-5 16:45
Why did you reset the homepoint so many times?
The drone will record its own homepoint and there's no need to reset it unless you are doing it for a particular reason.

[Image]

I noticted he said he set home point 80ft out into the middle of a field. Accordingly to those pictures, that didnt happen at all.
2022-3-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12686732 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

col2022 Posted at 3-6 01:13
Thanks for you're help, to be honest I was nervous trying to create a test flight and wanted to make sure i was setting it up in a way that would test what I saw in a previous flight, will test again and use the takeoff homepoint, will go a little further away from the road this time, and stand further away from the drone just incase, thanks.

Hi,

Had a look at your log too, puzzled about the RTH.....and postions of the HomePoints.

Question, did you powered on your drone and walk 170 feet into the field, put it down and did an autotakeoff?
See my chart of your data.
At lifting HP was set but it was 169.9 feet further than the initial position.

HP1 and 2 are set by the app, #3 and #4 done by you.

If i point the HP 3 and 4 relative to your take-off position than HPs are in the direction ~150 heading.But on the GE map they show up somewhere else....heading 230.

Guess you reset the HP in the app at the postion where the drone was flying ? (open the menu and clicked on OK)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2022-3-6
Use props
col2022
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-6 03:20
Hi,

Had a look at your log too, puzzled about the RTH.....and postions of the HomePoints.
[Image]

Hello thanks for taking the time to look into this,
Yes i powered the drone up then walked over to the takeoff point, took off and im sure i set it to the minimum 80ft, i set the home poont further than the 20meter homepoint restriction was at the end of a field but i thought that wouldnt matter as long as was somepoint safe from the road, will do another test flight today and will use the takeoff homepoint to simplify the data. Thanks
2022-3-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Mini2 is great drone, RTH never fails! (in normal wind conditions ofcourse)
So get some faith in your drone.

But never forget to check the compass heading in the app map view and compare with the actual drone heading. If not the same ; do not fly.

Happy many landings,
Cheers
JJB
2022-3-6
Use props
col2022
lvl.1
United Kingdom

col2022 Posted at 3-6 03:44
Hello thanks for taking the time to look into this,
Yes i powered the drone up then walked over to the takeoff point, took off and im sure i set it to the minimum 80ft, i set the home poont further than the 20meter homepoint restriction was at the end of a field but i thought that wouldnt matter as long as was somepoint safe from the road, will do another test flight today and will use the takeoff homepoint to simplify the data. Thanks
Right some additional test, i lifted off, home point was set where i lifter up from, went forward the right then backwards in a sort of square patter, was about 6ft high, then turned controller off, the drone then retraced its flight, went forward at same heigt (this is where i would normally panic) then went left then went backwards to home point position, it looks eratic when flying like this and sort of cuts corners but went back to home, did the same thing but i moved the home point on the map to the drones position by dragging map and set, so the home position was right by the drone after if flew the square, swithed controller off and it flew back in the same way to its original position set by takeoff, it then started raising to the rth height then went to the new set position i set on the map,
Did the same test, flew the square but this time set the home position by clicking on the controller position on the map, flew the square switch off and it come straight to me
2022-3-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

col2022 Posted at 3-6 05:21
Right some additional test, i lifted off, home point was set where i lifter up from, went forward the right then backwards in a sort of square patter, was about 6ft high, then turned controller off, the drone then retraced its flight, went forward at same heigt (this is where i would normally panic) then went left then went backwards to home point position, it looks eratic when flying like this and sort of cuts corners but went back to home, did the same thing but i moved the home point on the map to the drones position by dragging map and set, so the home position was right by the drone after if flew the square, swithed controller off and it flew back in the same way to its original position set by takeoff, it then started raising to the rth height then went to the new set position i set on the map,
Did the same test, flew the square but this time set the home position by clicking on the controller position on the map, flew the square switch off and it come straight to me

Hi,

Good to test the RTH like this, getting familiar with your mini2.

cheers
JJB
2022-3-6
Use props
col2022
lvl.1
United Kingdom

col2022 Posted at 3-6 05:21
Right some additional test, i lifted off, home point was set where i lifter up from, went forward the right then backwards in a sort of square patter, was about 6ft high, then turned controller off, the drone then retraced its flight, went forward at same heigt (this is where i would normally panic) then went left then went backwards to home point position, it looks eratic when flying like this and sort of cuts corners but went back to home, did the same thing but i moved the home point on the map to the drones position by dragging map and set, so the home position was right by the drone after if flew the square, swithed controller off and it flew back in the same way to its original position set by takeoff, it then started raising to the rth height then went to the new set position i set on the map,
Did the same test, flew the square but this time set the home position by clicking on the controller position on the map, flew the square switch off and it come straight to me

Just watched a yoytube video from "get busy living" he is a youtuber that uploads drone videos, he has one called "DGI Mini 2 update home point or risk loosing your drone" he says in this if you loose connection, the mini 2 will retrace its steps for 50m to try to aquire the signal back before failsafe return to home is initiated. This explains why mine has been going in all sorts of directions when testing, what you think?
2022-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

col2022 Posted at 3-6 11:58
Just watched a yoytube video from "get busy living" he is a youtuber that uploads drone videos, he has one called "DGI Mini 2 update home point or risk loosing your drone" he says in this if you loose connection, the mini 2 will retrace its steps for 50m to try to aquire the signal back before failsafe return to home is initiated. This explains why mine has been going in all sorts of directions when testing, what you think?

That information is all in the manual (page 15).

Failsafe RTH
If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH automatically activates after the remote controller signal is lost for more than 11 seconds.
When the firmware is updated to v1.1.0.0 and above, the aircraft will fly backwards for 50 m on its original flight route and ascend to the preset RTH altitude to enter Straight Line RTH.
The aircraft enters Straight Line RTH if the remote controller signal is restored during Failsafe RTH.
When the aircraft flies backwards along the original flight path and the distance from the Home Point is less than 20 m, the aircraft stops flying backward on the original flight route and enters Straight Line RTH at the current altitude.
2022-3-6
Use props
col2022
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-6 12:27
That information is all in the manual (page 15).

Failsafe RTH

Thanks for your help, will have to get the manual on my ipad and have a good read, i missed the snippet where it says the part that it traces back, would have saved me a massive amount of stress haha thanks again.
2022-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules