Is DJI going to atleast acknowledge the signal issues???
123Next >
6583 108 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 07:02
2-3 minutes and it only works after a second reboot. There is a full conversation about this issue and workaround here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267580&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D776%26typeid%3D776

Ok so ,start RC, start drone, turn of drone, start drone again and leave in car for 3 minutes then take it out and start flying right away?
2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 05:19
Yes many and Nope I will post as I feel. Who made you Queen
It is simple you have either got a Dud or you dont know what you are doing either way those that are happy with their Drones can post as they see fit

My point is, people are posting about range issues and I found one where FCC drones are in CE mode which limits their range. I am trying to help those people and you keeping posting about how great CE is. Great, glad you're happy. FCC drone users should be in FCC mode regardless of your opinion on the matter. This isn't a "which one is better" conversation and yet you post on every range post that CE is amazing and adds no value to the conversation or helping people that have issues.
2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-23 07:05
Ok so ,start RC, start drone, turn of drone, start drone again and leave in car for 3 minutes then take it out and start flying right away?

Correct. If the drone is going into CE mode, blocking the GPS receiver causes a delay and keeps it in FCC mode.

I put the controller over the drone outside (I just lay it on the back of the drone) and this does that same thing, causing a delay in satellite acquisition as a workaround

So steps are:

1. Power up the drone and RC controller, let it get a satellite lock and say "The home point has been updated, please check it on the map"

2. Power off the drone (leave the RC powered on)

3. Place the drone in an area without a clear line of sight to the sky (put in your car, put the controller over it, bring it in the house, put aluminum foil over it)

4. Power on the drone and wait 2-3 minutes

5. Leaving the drone powered on, remove the obstruction/go outside and let the drone get a GPS lock

6. Check/confirm it's in FCC mode via the Transmission section on the RC

7. Fly away and enjoy a 4x plus range
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 07:18
Correct. If the drone is going into CE mode, blocking the GPS receiver causes a delay and keeps it in FCC mode.

I put the controller over the drone outside (I just lay it on the back of the drone) and this does that same thing, causing a delay in satellite acquisition as a workaround

Ok I will try that later today after work, hopefully it works because I do like the drone and would hate to have to return it for this reason
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 07:07
My point is, people are posting about range issues and I found one where FCC drones are in CE mode which limits their range. I am trying to help those people and you keeping posting about how great CE is. Great, glad you're happy. FCC drone users should be in FCC mode regardless of your opinion on the matter. This isn't a "which one is better" conversation and yet you post on every range post that CE is amazing and adds no value to the conversation or helping people that have issues.

Never said CE mode was great at all. It is absolutely fine and many use it all the time.

If you are getting very short range issues it is not because of CE mode as many with CE mode can fly a long way.

2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 07:18

I put the controller over the drone outside (I just lay it on the back of the drone) and this does that same thing, causing a delay in satellite acquisition as a workaround

What a load of old faff and nonsense that is
2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 08:22
What a load of old faff and nonsense that is

And yet I recorded a video showing this happening. What is nonsense exactly? Do you actually fly a drone or just troll these forums?

2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 08:28
And yet I recorded a video showing this happening. What is nonsense exactly? Do you actually fly a drone or just troll these forums?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXULkWBAd74

If you dont know what Nonsense is perhaps go back to school and learn. Yup loads of flying done and many other things. Perhaps also look up the meaning of troll
2022-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-23 08:21
Ok I will try that later today after work, hopefully it works because I do like the drone and would hate to have to return it for this reason

Here its in B&W you can’t go wrong.

2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 08:31
If you dont know what Nonsense is perhaps go back to school and learn. Yup loads of flying done and many other things. Perhaps also look up the meaning of troll

Fortunately the community doesn't need to rely on your subjective opinions.

I reached out to a social media influencer who demonstrates my "nonsense" and how he's doubled his range (at least, he stopped way before signal loss) which was posted above (thanks @hallmark007), I am "Brad" referenced in his video
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 09:10
Fortunately the community doesn't need to rely on your subjective opinions.

I reached out to a social media influencer who demonstrates my "nonsense" and how he's doubled his range (at least, he stopped way before signal loss) which was posted above (thanks @hallmark007), I am "Brad" referenced in his video

What a hero you are for reaching out..... BTW Do you know that just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a troll

Now to try and educate you a little. Many people who use CE mode get good range. If you are in CE mode and not getting good range you have an issue. Putting it into FCC mode is just masking the issue.

Now go and tell Mr Hands this. Because blaming CE mode is not the issue dear boy
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 09:10
Fortunately the community doesn't need to rely on your subjective opinions.

Ok so I tried that fix during my lunch break (work from home) and wow

It worked... I easily had 5 bars 1000m away and could probably go further but didnt just because we currently have 12m/s gusts

It's stupid that I have to do that to get it to work properly though, as the turn on, turn off, turn on and leave for 3 minutes procedure burns like almost 10% of the battery just sitting there

Hopefully DJI can look into this

How do I tag one of the DJI reps here? They need to show this to their engineers ASAP
2022-6-23
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42503 ft
Germany

Poor signal again
Laggy, unresponsible video feed, drone is only a few 100 Meters away. I'm Not happy. Europe Region, so CE Mode?

I cant trust this drone ..., I will write DJI directly.

D03A7E94-8A44-4EBF-BF39-41CE3F61C971.jpeg
2022-6-23
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-23 09:52
Ok so I tried that fix during my lunch break (work from home) and wow

It worked... I easily had 5 bars 1000m away and could probably go further but didnt just because we currently have 12m/s gusts

Glad it worked! It's really that delay in getting GPS.

I have contacted DJI support 3 times about this issue and I get a response explaining the differences between CE and FCC modes. If anyone has suggestions about how to get them to take this issue seriously, I am all ears. I linked the video and gave a thorough explanation, I got this in response:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 10:04 PM
Subject: [DJI Support] : RE DJI Mini 3 Pro - Not in FCC mode in Canada (stuck in CE mode)
To: Brad L <xxxxxx@gmail.com>

Your request(#4334678)has been updated, please reply the email below.

Tom (DJI Support)

2022/6/23 GMT+8 10:04

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate the time you provided to us and let us know your concerns, but no worries, we are here to assist and help you out.

DJI Mini 3 Pro has only one version of the hardware. the aircraft will automatically switch to the corresponding FCC and CE depending on the current country.

There are three concept before the main body:

1. Not every country’s certification belongs to one of the FCC/CE/SRRC, we just make sure that US using FCC, Europe using CE and China using SRRC. Other country just refer to the maximum transmit power of the remote controller of their country to find out which one among this three certification type to be the reference.

2. No matter which certification type the country is, it doesn’t mean we must use the standard of that certification. We just make sure the maximum transfer power of the remote controller applies with the local law, but won’t reach the largest permission. The maximum transfer power of our produce is decided by DJI and be restricted by local law.  

3. Even in the same country, the certification of 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz can be different.

For example.

If you are in Canada, the maximum transfer power should be 26 dBm when using 2.4GHz and the maximum transfer power should be 28 dBm when using 5.8GHz. This is the standard of FCC.

If the you are in Europe, the maximum transfer power should be 18 dBm when using 2.4GHz and the maximum transfer power should be 14 dBm when using 5.8GHz. This is the standard of CE.

If you are in Brazil, the maximum transfer power may be 20 dBm when using 2.4GHz and the maximum transfer power may be 25 dBm when using 5.8GHz. Then the certification type in Brazil should be CE when using 2.G. The certification of 5.8 can refer to FCC, because 25dBm is more close to 28dBm of FCC than 14 dBm of CE. (The parameters are not real)

Thanks for your understanding.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,
Tom
DJI Technical Support
Youtube:http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2022-6-23
Use props
fans41164975
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17510 ft
Canada

Thats a great FIX !! Thank you guys, Hope they fix it in firmware soon
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 6-23 10:14
Glad it worked! It's really that delay in getting GPS.

I have contacted DJI support 3 times about this issue and I get a response explaining the differences between CE and FCC modes. If anyone has suggestions about how to get them to take this issue seriously, I am all ears. I linked the video and gave a thorough explanation, I got this in response:

That's not encouraging

Why are they so dense? I swear its like talking to a brick wall. Just admit that there's an issue and thank us for finding the solution for you, and FIX IT

They're losing my trust very quickly
2022-6-23
Use props
fans41164975
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17510 ft
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 08:21
Never said CE mode was great at all. It is absolutely fine and many use it all the time.

If you are getting very short range issues it is not because of CE mode as many with CE mode can fly a long way.

Yes thats the issue... Drone in Canada have a software bug... seem like they go on CE mode and it doesn't auto choose de 5.8Ghz.. it stay in 2.4Ghz..

If you do the manipulation above, it fix all range issue
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

fans41164975 Posted at 6-23 10:49
Yes thats the issue... Drone in Canada have a software bug... seem like they go on CE mode and it doesn't auto choose de 5.8Ghz.. it stay in 2.4Ghz..

If you do the manipulation above, it fix all range issue

We shouldn't have to do this though

It's clearly an issue and we the community/consumers have found a fix, all DJI has to do is fix it in code and they should know exactly where to look now
2022-6-23
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

wow, so we go from one drone with not enough satellite soon enough to a drone with too many satellites too soon.
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

I chatted in to support and linked them this post along with the fix instructions, was told they will pass that info on to their engineers, how much of that is true I'm not sure. They might just close chat and not do anything lol
2022-6-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 09:27
What a hero you are for reaching out..... BTW Do you know that just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a troll

Now to try and educate you a little. Many people who use CE mode get good range. If you are in CE mode and not getting good range you have an issue. Putting it into FCC mode is just masking the issue.

You need to just be quiet and bow out... gracefully.
2022-6-23
Use props
djiuser_ACytyCzh1k22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206654 ft
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 09:27

Using CE mode when everyone around you are regulated by CE is different than when you are stuck in CE mode and everyone else around you are using FCC devices.
2022-6-23
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_ACytyCzh1k22 Posted at 6-23 15:55
Using CE mode when everyone around you is also regulated by CE is different than when you are stuck in CE mode and everyone else around you are using FCC devices.

Exactly, the WiFi congestion in an FCC regulated area will be WAY higher because all the modems and routers and everything WiFi is 4x stronger, so being in CE mode here you're getting 4x as much interference and you're getting even worse signal than actual CE mode in Europe
2022-6-23
Use props
Volsi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116089 ft
Japan

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 11:16
Huge parts of the world use CE mode all the time you speak as if it is impossible to have good signal with CE mode

Which part of the world, some people confirm that? I living in Japan and we have just the 2.4Ghz (5.8 is forbidden). For this reason the signal issues is very bad (worst than Europe).
2022-6-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 08:21

Actually, youre wrong, it is because they are getting CE mode when they should be getting FCC mode
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mkdp.photos Posted at 6-23 15:58
Exactly, the WiFi congestion in an FCC regulated area will be WAY higher because all the modems and routers and everything WiFi is 4x stronger, so being in CE mode here you're getting 4x as much interference and you're getting even worse signal than actual CE mode in Europe

Yes I can see that could be the case
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oracle Miata Posted at 6-23 14:38
You need to just be quiet and bow out... gracefully.

Telling people what to do never ends well one day you yanks will understand that
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Volsi Posted at 6-23 17:51
Which part of the world, some people confirm that? I living in Japan and we have just the 2.4Ghz (5.8 is forbidden). For this reason the signal issues is very bad (worst than Europe).

Europe and the U.K. that’s quite a lot
2022-6-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 21:48
Telling people what to do never ends well one day you yanks will understand that

Hypocritical much, you're forever telling me what to do on here...
2022-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 6-23 22:29
Hypocritical much, you're forever telling me what to do on here...

that made me laugh…
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-24 01:18
that made me laugh…

Its hard to hold ya tongue at times...
2022-6-24
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

Have any other Canadians tried the fix?
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

Also having signal issues. Just yesterday I sent back my drone for them to "fix". Let's see what they will do. It's not normal. At 300 meters in open space, low interference, I start losing signal, and complete disconnection at 700m
2022-6-28
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This chap poses an interesting theory, although I am not sure it's 100% correct as people have been getting the issue with the RC-NC1 as well. I will be sure to test it next time I'm out:

2022-6-28
Use props
AuroraFource
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111047 ft
United States

Antidotal, but my first drone only had a range of 2000 ft maybe out to 2500 over a rural lake. I crashed it in the water and got a replacement. The range  on the new one is way better, I haven't tested it fully, but I made it out to 3600ft last night.
2022-6-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How on earth did you crash it into the water
2022-6-29
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 6-28 21:31
This chap poses an interesting theory, although I am not sure it's 100% correct as people have been getting the issue with the RC-NC1 as well. I will be sure to test it next time I'm out:

10 mins talking about what someone else has already posted about in another video.

2022-6-29
Use props
FatWoodyCruisers
lvl.2
United States

2022-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems legit lol
2022-6-29
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

Still yet to hear from DJI regarding a fix

My return period ends on the 3rd of July. It's a shame that DJI is forcing my hand to refund the drone because everything else about the drone is great (except battery life battery life is pretty bad, getting 20 mins at best)
2022-6-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules