1289 100 2022-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes.  Its a big concern,  but it might just have been a discarded bottle.
2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6262736 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 00:19
Yes it was quite peaceful until the airline to the laser burst and went off like bullet,  I did jump out of my skin.

Oops! Caught you napping did it?  
2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 00:20
Ah,  so in that case I will allow it.

2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-21 00:52
Oops! Caught you napping did it?

I was glueing joints at the time for the box.

2022-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 01:18
I was glueing joints at the time for the box.

2022-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-21 00:18
Luckily we've cooled down a good 10c over the last day but there have been a lot of fires like this,   and it some cases they spread to nearby houses.

I really hate fires as they are just so destructive.  Nice that it has cooled down a bit.  You guys are really setting some records during that heat wave.
2022-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-21 04:43
I really hate fires as they are just so destructive.  Nice that it has cooled down a bit.  You guys are really setting some records during that heat wave.

There was another local grass fire last night,    no idea where yet but we could certainly smell it.
2022-7-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-22 00:01
There was another local grass fire last night,    no idea where yet but we could certainly smell it.

That's not good news.  Hopefully, it was only a minor grass fire and quickly contained.  
2022-7-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-22 06:09
That's not good news.  Hopefully, it was only a minor grass fire and quickly contained.

We never found out where it was coming from.
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-23 00:32
We never found out where it was coming from.

Sometimes the wind can carry the smoke for miles thereby making it hard to find the actual source by using the sense of smell only.  
2022-7-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-23 04:00
Sometimes the wind can carry the smoke for miles thereby making it hard to find the actual source by using the sense of smell only.

Indeed,  and we've had quite a lot of them reported in the local news so there's not much let up in them.
2022-7-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-23 23:38
Indeed,  and we've had quite a lot of them reported in the local news so there's not much let up in them.

Just another product of dry weather and the recent heat wave I'm sure.  
2022-7-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-24 06:15

Had a short flight over a golf course earlier,  it was quite amusing the whole area was yellow with green blogs over it which were the putting greens,  so I guess they get watered.  
2022-7-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-24 06:27
Had a short flight over a golf course earlier,  it was quite amusing the whole area was yellow with green blogs over it which were the putting greens,  so I guess they get watered.

It does seem like they water the greens much more than they do the fairways.  Here they use a ton of reclaimed water on the golf courses.  They also use lots of chemical fertilizer and bug killers per a friend who is a groundskeeper at a local private course.
2022-7-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-24 06:15

Just took one of the cars to the dealer for its yearly service and on the way back drove through some farm land and it was scorched bird time,  I wouldn't mind better the smell I had the other day could have been this place even though it was 15 miles away.   But the good news is by the looks of the fields he had already harvested the grain and its just the straw he's lost.    Over the weekend there was a lot of harvesting happening,    almost a month earlier than last year.
2022-7-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-24 06:43
It does seem like they water the greens much more than they do the fairways.  Here they use a ton of reclaimed water on the golf courses.  They also use lots of chemical fertilizer and bug killers per a friend who is a groundskeeper at a local private course.

I wish now I had taken a shot of it,  it was quite the sight,  maybe next weekend when Im back there.
2022-7-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-24 23:14
Just took one of the cars to the dealer for its yearly service and on the way back drove through some farm land and it was scorched bird time,  I wouldn't mind better the smell I had the other day could have been this place even though it was 15 miles away.   But the good news is by the looks of the fields he had already harvested the grain and its just the straw he's lost.    Over the weekend there was a lot of harvesting happening,    almost a month earlier than last year.

Appears to have been some really good timing on that farmer's part or just pure luck.

Back to raining here all day.  
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-24 23:20
I wish now I had taken a shot of it,  it was quite the sight,  maybe next weekend when Im back there.

Just another project for another day.  I'm betting there was quite the contrast in color between the greens and fairways, especially if they are not keeping them watered enough.  Of course, with the heat wave I'm sure that made it enough harder on the grass to thrive.
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 04:40
Appears to have been some really good timing on that farmer's part or just pure luck.

Back to raining here all day.

It feels like they working extra hours to harvest at the moment,  we drove through rural areas on Saturday and Sunday and there was a lot of combined out which felt a bit unusual especially as we don’t really have any rain on the forecast that could spoil the crop.
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 05:08
It feels like they working extra hours to harvest at the moment,  we drove through rural areas on Saturday and Sunday and there was a lot of combined out which felt a bit unusual especially as we don’t really have any rain on the forecast that could spoil the crop.

Maybe the crops are just coming in early this season.  Some years back they would come in like clockwork on a normal basis.  Think all the weather changes are having an effect on them now.
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 05:26
Maybe the crops are just coming in early this season.  Some years back they would come in like clockwork on a normal basis.  Think all the weather changes are having an effect on them now.

There was a photo taken ny nasa of the U.K. last year and the same shot this year in one of the national papers.  Last year the country was green this year yellow.   Was quite striking.
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 05:39
There was a photo taken ny nasa of the U.K. last year and the same shot this year in one of the national papers.  Last year the country was green this year yellow.   Was quite striking.

I like to check out the Image of the Day on the NASA website.  Always something very interesting.  
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 05:56
I like to check out the Image of the Day on the NASA website.  Always something very interesting.

Hopefully this will work if not I’ll screenshot it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news ... untry-heatwave.html
2022-7-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Well captured, though seeing the destructive aftermath of the fire makes me a bit sad. Take care over there!
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-25 12:10
Well captured, though seeing the destructive aftermath of the fire makes me a bit sad. Take care over there!

Cheers HGDC84,  the fires are becoming quite the daily occurrence,  they even evacuated some of a hospital nearby due to a fire outside in the fields.
2022-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-25 05:56
I like to check out the Image of the Day on the NASA website.  Always something very interesting.

I didnt know NASA did an image of the day.  That sounds quite interesting.
2022-7-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 06:18
Hopefully this will work if not I’ll screenshot it.

Definitely quite the difference in a year's time.  

Pretty cool what all NASA can see from space.  Of course they aren't just using a drone size camera either.  
2022-7-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 22:43
I didnt know NASA did an image of the day.  That sounds quite interesting.

Yeah, I accidentally came across it one day and just bookmarked it and check it almost daily.

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html
2022-7-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 22:41
Cheers HGDC84,  the fires are becoming quite the daily occurrence,  they even evacuated some of a hospital nearby due to a fire outside in the fields.

Whoa. I truly hope you stay safe, keep yourselves properly hydrated, avoid direct sunlight etc. These climate conditions can surely get terrifying.
2022-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 7-26 07:29
Whoa. I truly hope you stay safe, keep yourselves properly hydrated, avoid direct sunlight etc. These climate conditions can surely get terrifying.

I woke up in the night to a strong smell of burning grass,  no idea where it was though.  
2022-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-26 06:31
Yeah, I accidentally came across it one day and just bookmarked it and check it almost daily.

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd.html

thanks,   I feel like the Blue Ripples on a Red Planet image should be one of mine from the creek.
2022-7-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-26 06:15
Definitely quite the difference in a year's time.  

Pretty cool what all NASA can see from space.  Of course they aren't just using a drone size camera either.

Some of the shots taken from a DSLR from the ISS have been quite spectacular,  but youre right,  they must have some interesting stuff up there.
2022-7-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-26 22:06
thanks,   I feel like the Blue Ripples on a Red Planet image should be one of mine from the creek.

You're welcome.  
2022-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-26 22:13
Some of the shots taken from a DSLR from the ISS have been quite spectacular,  but youre right,  they must have some interesting stuff up there.

Hopefully, the ISS will still be around but with Russia saber rattling about pulling out who knows how long it will remain past 2023.  Seems Russia wants to combine their space efforts with China now.  
2022-7-27
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

From chaos comes beauty! Nice find
2022-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 7-27 12:08
From chaos comes beauty! Nice find

Cheers Bussty,   I might do a series of it coming back to life.
2022-7-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-27 09:55
Hopefully, the ISS will still be around but with Russia saber rattling about pulling out who knows how long it will remain past 2023.  Seems Russia wants to combine their space efforts with China now.

Ive seen the reporting,   Im not sure how the ISS will cope if the Russians take their half with them.
2022-7-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-27 22:59
Ive seen the reporting,   Im not sure how the ISS will cope if the Russians take their half with them.

Especially since they provide the motors to move the ISS around in space. Don't know if there is enough time to replace their motor modules or not.  Will be interesting to see how this turns out.  This is just one of many geopolitical issues that will be coming front and center in the near future.   
2022-7-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 7-26 21:56
I woke up in the night to a strong smell of burning grass,  no idea where it was though.

Make sure to check your fire alarm is functioning properly!
2022-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-28 04:32
Especially since they provide the motors to move the ISS around in space. Don't know if there is enough time to replace their motor modules or not.  Will be interesting to see how this turns out.  This is just one of many geopolitical issues that will be coming front and center in the near future.

Yes,   I had forgotten that.   This is going to be interesting to see how it plays out.
2022-7-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules