2151 69 2023-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why? Quite a few have flown drones sideways into things.
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 03:55
Congratulations.
JUST IN CASE.....Replace BOTH blades on the affected motor NOT JUST the damaged blade, they are probably weight matched for centrifugal balance. Thoroughly check the other blades for cracks including giving them a slight twist

Will do so. Thank you for the good Tip!
2023-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Karl53 Posted at 1-7 01:32
This clip is never upscaled ...

How do you explain the 4K then?
2023-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 04:13
Will do so. Thank you for the good Tip!

Glad ya got it back but, some are interested in how you managed the video in 4K without the drone?
2023-1-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 03:07
Finally i get my drone back!
[view_image]

Glad you got it back Matthias.  Looks like you lucked out and have only minimal damage.  
2023-1-7
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 04:09
Why? Quite a few have flown drones sideways into things.

only 1 broken propeller, nothing else, not even a scratch - this story is really hilarious
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 1-7 04:19
Glad ya got it back but, some are interested in how you managed the video in 4K without the drone?

some will always see a conspiracy plot..
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 04:27
Glad you got it back Matthias.  Looks like you lucked out and have only minimal damage.

Yes but I will follow the Tip from Sean-bumble-bee and replace the complete propellers.
2023-1-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-6 15:57
Yes indeed my friend: when I see this cables passing by I thought by myself to stop the movement because something is wrong. but then the crash already happen.

Sometimes even the quickest reaction time is too slow.  
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-7 04:42
Sometimes even the quickest reaction time is too slow.

Absolutely! for further flights I will take the time and look carefully around the drone to make sure there is no obstacle in her way while fly side or backwards!
2023-1-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 04:40
Yes but I will follow the Tip from Sean-bumble-bee and replace the complete propellers.

Yeah, that's a really good precaution.  No sense taking a chance, especially if you have spare props available.  
2023-1-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 04:45
Absolutely! for further flights I will take the time and look carefully around the drone to make sure there is no obstacle in her way while fly side or backwards!

Just another lesson learned for you and a reminder to the rest of us pilots.  
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Karl53 Posted at 1-7 04:28
only 1 broken propeller, nothing else, not even a scratch - this story is really hilarious

I crashed (my fault) a Mavic 2 into a natural stone i.e. rough stone, wall, it might have then hit a brick wall on the way down and it did 'land' on concrete. The damage? One broken prop, which annoyingly was on its maiden flight, no scratches or any other damage to the drone.
Conversely I have read of small crashes WRECKING a drone, it's all down to luck.
2023-1-7
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 06:08
I crashed (my fault) a Mavic 2 into a natural stone i.e. rough stone, wall, it might have then hit a brick wall on the way down and it did 'land' on concrete. The damage? One broken prop, which annoyingly was on its maiden flight, no scratches or any other damage to the drone.
Conversely I have read of small crashes WRECKING a drone, it's all down to luck.

May be.
For me the point is that the 4K video cannot be shown without micro sd card.
The story is lazy.
Maybe he can get a job with Steven Spielberg.
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Karl53 Posted at 1-7 06:23
May be.
For me the point is that the 4K video cannot be shown without micro sd card.
The story is lazy.

Nope.. as you know I just release the Moon Landing for Stanley Kubrick.
2023-1-7
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 813307 ft
Germany

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 06:34
Nope.. as you know I just release the Moon Landing for Stanley Kubrick.

But please  explain how you could post the video in 4k without having your drone back at that point?
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ElleKN Posted at 1-7 07:16
But please  explain how you could post the video in 4k without having your drone back at that point?

Just try to think for yourself ElleKN

What is the most likely and simplest explanation?

Is it the complex conspiration of fake videos and influence of the government?
or can it be that this report was just not in real time?
2023-1-7
Use props
ElleKN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 813307 ft
Germany

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 07:32
Just try to think for yourself ElleKN

What is the most likely and simplest explanation?

Well that means that you were lying saying "I haven't got my drone back".... mmmhhh
why?
Anyway: good that you have it back and nothing bad happend
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ElleKN Posted at 1-7 07:41
Well that means that you were lying saying "I haven't got my drone back".... mmmhhh
why?
Anyway: good that you have it back and nothing bad happend

Well that means that you were lying saying that I say that.
I just say in the beginning: "The workers there still searching for my drone"

Anyway: thank you for your good wishes.
2023-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now im lost, either way, glad ya all sorted
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 1-7 07:57
Now im lost, either way, glad ya all sorted

Everything is fine now Bashy

hopefully!  I can only start at the moment from the hotel rooftop with pool you can see in the beginning of my video. have to make some test rounds tomorrow morning there to be sure the drone is ok.
2023-1-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-6 15:33
Absolutely Sir TonyPHX! I just think about to sue the company owns the towers there..

lol, that would be an interesting "experiment"....but hate to see you lose money on that one.
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

TonyPHX Posted at 1-7 15:07
lol, that would be an interesting "experiment"....but hate to see you lose money on that one.

my lawyer, Mr. Goodman, says we have a good chance to win the case or at least get a good comparison
2023-1-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 08:00
Everything is fine now Bashy

hopefully!  I can only start at the moment from the hotel rooftop with pool you can see in the beginning of my video. have to make some test rounds tomorrow morning there to be sure the drone is ok.

I would be wary of launching from a hotel roof, if it's concrete then there is probably a fair bit of steel in it and that may cause you problems.
I recently came across a post by, I think, Labroides that seems to give a good explantaion of why it happens but unfortunatley I didn't bookmark the thread.
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-7 17:22
I would be wary of launching from a hotel roof, if it's concrete then there is probably a fair bit of steel in it and that may cause you problems.
I recently came across a post by, I think, Labroides that seems to give a good explantaion of why it happens but unfortunatley I didn't bookmark the thread.

Wit the older drones like Phantom4 and Mavic 2 pro I had also some compass problems while start from rooftops. The Mini 3pro handle this very good at all.
2023-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can help mitigate these magnetic interference issues by turning on the drone whilst holding it as far away as possible from any steel source, if its encased in concrete this in itself helps towards the mitigation.
This is something that i do most times when powering on, after the initialising completes (gimbal dance) you can then place it where needed.

One practises that Labroides mentions and one that i always blooming forget to check, is to make sure that the drone is actually facing the same direction as shown in the Fly app, I think I've said that correctly? If there is a difference then you have magnetic interference and most probably will have issues shortly after taking off.

As you've already mentioned, the older DJI drones were more susceptible, later models, especially the Mini's seem more forgiving, i.e. some that i will not name, launch from their cars sunroof. I don't care what the drone model is, i learnt very quickly with my P4P, you do not launch from a car roof lol Having said that, the practise that i mentioned above, turning it on 20ft from the car and after the gimbals dance of its peoples, then it should be ok, again, still, I will never risk it again.
2023-1-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Bashy Posted at 1-7 19:23
You can help mitigate these magnetic interference issues by turning on the drone whilst holding it as far away as possible from any steel source, if its encased in concrete this in itself helps towards the mitigation.
This is something that i do most times when powering on, after the initialising completes (gimbal dance) you can then place it where needed.

I try out my self repaired Mini 3 Pro today from Hotel rooftop.

Everything works great again!
First battery I fly only at the rooftop and later a little bit higher. No magnetic interference.
The second battery I fly brave to downtown with her. But I fly extra careful and look twice this time no surprising Building jump in our way..
2023-1-8
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 673862 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kupoakupoa Posted at 1-7 03:07
Finally i get my drone back!
[view_image]

I'm glad it is mostly OK!
2023-1-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We need a Knight Bus  protection scheme against buildings and trees that jump.
2023-1-8
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-8 03:51
We need a Knight Bus  protection scheme against buildings and trees that jump.

We need a Petition to turn down this naughty  buildings and trees in fly zones
2023-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules