Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-21 16:36
I completely agree with you...

Did you get your money back already?

No, they apologized & it's in shipping now.
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-21 08:02
"the best international spy equipment"

Can you explain?

Explain what.
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 11-22 04:16
Its no different to your credit card or bank phoning you up to make sure its using spending the money, not only do DJI want to prevent you card from being fraudulently used, it also prevents them from being out of pocket too, whilst yes, they can disable a stolen or fraudulently bought product, that still leaves them out of pocket.

What anyone decides to do is up to them, me, i would have provided the relevant information to prove it was me, much the same as i do with my bank, I also have 2 factor authentication turned on for my main shopping sites, PayPal, eBay, Amazon etc. If we can make it harder for the thieves then I'm all for it and hey, it works, you decided not to go ahead, whilst youre probably cosher, it still works ;)

I heard if you are standing up when you place your online order, your informative is more protected.  Will you do that going forward?  The point is these "protections" put into place are pointless, they don't help.  Nothing the merchant does it helping as you can see the identity fraud is in the billions.  Asking for bank details that the criminal has also already stolen doesn't help much but it does help spread around your banking details.  And 2FA is weak don't get all cozy with it.  My disagreement is merchants participating in safety exercise that are useless and simply make it more difficult for the honest consumer to do honest business.
2023-11-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-22 06:39
Explain what.

Why do you think that DJI products are the best international spy equipment.
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-22 07:01
Why do you think that DJI products are the best international spy equipment.

Does it really matter?  It's a wellknown fact in the US
2023-11-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-22 07:09
Does it really matter?  It's a wellknown fact in the US

ah! if it's a well known fact in the US, then, hallelujah!
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-22 07:26
ah! if it's a well known fact in the US, then, hallelujah!

Yes, indeed.  Too bad you're in eu
2023-11-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-22 07:33
Yes, indeed.  Too bad you're in eu

Yes in EU. What surprises me is the contrast with your way of thinking (you US citizen).
We know that DJI collects information when we use their products and synchronize the data.
What company doesn't do this?
But for common, non-sensitive use, what can this do? In this case, stay away from any object with the capacity to connect to the internet.
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-22 07:39
Yes in EU. What surprises me is the contrast with your way of thinking (you US citizen).
We know that DJI collects information when we use their products and synchronize the data.

In the overall scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.  I'd rather live in US and enjoy my free use of firearms and better airspace than the strict regs with eu.  
At least in US, the regs aren't as strict vs regs in EU.
2023-11-22
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-21 18:06
For sure, you wont get any more details from me.  But I wouldn't care what a thief does; cant worry about them.  It's not the responsibility of all the merchants all over to world to try to catch thieves or put a dent in crime0.  Make a reasonable effort is all can be expected.  If you have questions, just deny the sale and move on.  I don't like companies that try to pry and then claim they are helping to prevent crime....that's b.s.  Asking for details like that don't put a dent in crime, it's only inconvenience the honest buyers.  Let the banks fight the crime.  I have had dozens of fraudulent charges, never paid a dime; can't let it slow me down.  It takes me about an hour of my time to recover from a minor "incident."  I've never had a serious incident tho.

I'm afraid you are taking the simplistic approach of looking at this only from the point of view of the customer, without considering the retailer's point of view and the consequences of allowing fraud to happen.
The fact is that when such a crime is committed someone loses out, but it's not you, so who cares?
Well the retailer cares, becuase there is a good chance that they will be the one who ends up out of pocket.
A scenario is, a fraudster steals a credit card (or details of), uses said card to buy a product online.
Retailer gets the order, processes it and dispatches the goods.
Credit card owner realises someone has used their card. Calls the bank and gets them to make a charge-back and cancel the card. Thier money is refunded to them from  retailer's accout.
The goods arrive with the fraudster free gratis.
So, the card owner is happy, they get their money back.
The bank is happy, they lost nothing.
The fraudster is happy, they got free stuff.
Who lost out? The retailer got ripped off, they sent the goods and got nothing for it.

Now, any savvy retailer is wise to this scam and is on the look out for it, and so they should as they stand to lose from it. They will check orders thouroughly for any discrepency or suspicion. If it's clearly fraud, they cancel the order there and then. But some are a grey area, where it may be fraud, but may be geunine, but dosn't look quite right. you could err on the side of caution and just cancel it, but you miss a sale, you could let it go but risk getting ripped off.
So what they will do is contact the customer to try and tie up the lose ends that don't add up in order to discern whether it is genuine or fraud, then act accordingly. This may involve asking the customer for personal documents in order to prove their identity/address/accout etc. From the retailer's point of view, the decent honest person with nothing to hide will provide the requested details, and the order goes through. The person who can't or won't provide details is as dodgy as hell.

So when retailers ask you for this kind of thing. It's not because they want to take on the role of a crime-fighting hero. It's not to be nosey or steal you identity. It's not to sell your details to the highest bidder. They are trying to prevent fraud, becuse they may ultimately be the victim if it is allowd to happen. They don't want to be ripped off.

Of course you have every right to withhold your information. It's entirely your call who you trust and will disclose this to.
I'm just explaining the real reason why this happens. It just means that something about your order didn't quite look right and the retailer had to check it out to protect their own interests. There is nothing sinister about it.

Now I just sit back and wait for all the downvotes to roll in for bringing common sense and retail experience to the table. Enjoy!
2023-11-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sam654 Posted at 11-22 10:49
I'm afraid you are taking the simplistic approach of looking at this only from the point of view of the customer, without considering the retailer's point of view and the consequences of allowing fraud to happen.
The fact is that when such a crime is committed someone loses out, but it's not you, so who cares?
Well the retailer cares, becuase there is a good chance that they will be the one who ends up out of pocket.

"The goods arrive with the fraudster free gratis.
So, the card owner is happy, they get their money back.
The bank is happy, they lost nothing.
The fraudster is happy, they got free stuff.
Who lost out? The retailer got ripped off, they sent the goods and got nothing for it."

You forgot to mention that the retailer got insurance as well... They are not the one that lose out... The society we live in does...

And the wheel keeps going around....
2023-11-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-22 07:39

First you asked twice to explain that and then:

"We know that DJI collects information when we use their products and synchronize the data.
What company doesn't do this?"

2023-11-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Burt37 Posted at 11-22 13:14
First you asked twice to explain that and then:

"We know that DJI collects information when we use their products and synchronize the data.

This does not make their product "the best international spy equipment". That's what interests me, sounds like you have information that we don't have.
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-22 10:49
I'm afraid you are taking the simplistic approach of looking at this only from the point of view of the customer, without considering the retailer's point of view and the consequences of allowing fraud to happen.
Well the retailer cares, becuase there is a good chance that they will be the one who ends up out of pocket.

Are you joking, is this a joke?  

C'mon Sam.  
2023-11-22
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-22 13:52
This does not make their product "the best international spy equipment". That's what interests me, sounds like you have information that we don't have.

China has been long suspected of placing hardware and firmware “backdoors” in their telephony equipment, enterprise routers and switches for equipment provided to European and US governments. Such stealth items have been found in numerous products they sell.
2023-11-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 11-22 06:43
I heard if you are standing up when you place your online order, your informative is more protected.  Will you do that going forward?  The point is these "protections" put into place are pointless, they don't help.  Nothing the merchant does it helping as you can see the identity fraud is in the billions.  Asking for bank details that the criminal has also already stolen doesn't help much but it does help spread around your banking details.  And 2FA is weak don't get all cozy with it.  My disagreement is merchants participating in safety exercise that are useless and simply make it more difficult for the honest consumer to do honest business.

Its doesnt have to be bank details, your driving license or passport would suffice.
2023-11-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-22 06:35
Dij's policy is ludicrous & stop bring up this topic.  Is a communist chinese company after your personal information.  

They can care a less about protecting your information or what you order.

I give up, you obviously have major issues with the company, why you ordered from them in the 1st instance is beyond me
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. For your protection, orders are subject to DJI's verification procedure. You may be asked to verify that you are the card owner or that the order information is legitimate.
Currently, your order has been shipped. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-11-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 11-22 13:52

Perhaps I missunderstood what you meant with your reply....

But realistically, DJI has been collecting a lot of data from all the drone around the world... How many people do use their cloud service to store their data?

And when the DJI Fly app is logged in, who knows what they retain in storage...

And considering that DJI seems to be the largest seller of drone, then yes, they are the best at collecting all sorts of data...

You said the same thing:

What company doesn't do this?"

You are loogged in when in here, you are logged in when you fly, so other than when you eat sleep and take a poop, they are collecting quite a bit of infos, don't you think?

All I'm saying is that perhaps they are not the best, but they are pretty good at collecting personal data... What DJI then do with all that data, your guess is as good as mine...

2023-11-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Burt37 Posted at 11-23 00:23

But realistically, DJI has been collecting a lot of data from all the drone around the world... How many people do use their cloud service to store their data?

"You are loogged in when in here, you are logged in when you fly, so other than when you eat sleep and take a poop, they are collecting quite a bit of infos, don't you think?"

I hope for whoever is in charge of spying on me that he has a mutual fund that covers the costs of psychotherapy, because if he spies on me at these times, he risks seeing disturbing things.
2023-11-23
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-23 00:23

You are exactly right. Collecting data for the purpose of improving the product is one thing, sharing  that data with the military is another matter completely. Does the term “data mining” ring a bell? Amazon is one of the biggest offenders for collecting personal information. Everywhere you go on the Internet you are being tracked by someone when you provide cookies to access a site. Data mining is the process of collecting and sorting, seemingly disparate information from thousands of databases and billions of records. It is quite effective at assembling that information into a usable form.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Bashy Posted at 11-22 19:01
I give up, you obviously have major issues with the company, why you ordered from them in the 1st instance is beyond me

It's a free country here in the US, unlike some if its neighbors, that's why.  I'm not a groupy to the chinese drone (as some that like keeping this topic open, for some reason) and I never denied dji makes a good product, just that it's a chinese company.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-23 02:13
You are exactly right. Collecting data for the purpose of improving the product is one thing, sharing  that data with the military is another matter completely. Does the term “data mining” ring a bell? Amazon is one of the biggest offenders for collecting personal information. Everywhere you go on the Internet you are being tracked by someone when you provide cookies to access a site. Data mining is the process of collecting and sorting, seemingly disparate information from thousands of databases and billions of records. It is quite effective at assembling that information into a usable form.

No,  Google is the worse when it comes to data mining.  Don't you think it odd when you mention a product or place to a friend and, POOF, it just so happens to appear on an internet search?  It's chinese influence.
2023-11-23
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-23 04:32
No,  Google is the worse when it comes to data mining.  Don't you think it odd when you mention a product or place to a friend and, POOF, it just so happens to appear on an internet search?  It's chinese influence.

I misspoke about Amazon and tried to edit my response but this crummy editor… . Yes, Google is the biggest offender. Apple Safari allows you to block tracking thru the use of “Private relay” thus hiding your IP. I use “Duck Duck Go” browser. It’s available for all platforms. They neither track your usage, nor keep anything permanent of your surfing history. It is purged after every session.. They, therefore, can provide NOTHING to law enforcement. If you use that browser, you will see your cross-website tracking disappear

2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

FL_Flyer Posted at 11-23 05:06
I misspoke about Amazon and tried to edit my response but this crummy editor… . Yes, Google is the biggest offender. Apple Safari allows you to block tracking thru the use of “Private relay” thus hiding your IP. I use “Duck Duck Go” browser. It’s available for all platforms. They neither track your usage, nor keep anything permanent of your surfing history. It is purged after every session.. They, therefore, can provide NOTHING to law enforcement. If you use that browser, you will see your cross-website tracking disappear

[view_image].

I use duck duck go.
2023-11-23
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Being using Duck Duck Go and Firefox since the beginning... It feels a lot better and cleaner to surf the internet...

Google is not longer a real search engine, as it used to be.... Greed fucks up lots of things....
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Burt37 Posted at 11-23 13:47
Being using Duck Duck Go and Firefox since the beginning... It feels a lot better and cleaner to surf the internet...

Google is not longer a real search engine, as it used to be.... Greed fucks up lots of things....

I'm in homebuilding & there's a saying - pigs get fat & hogs goto slaughter.  Eventually, the Google machine will be a slight a memory.
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules