Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 04:52
It didnt,  but I had to climb back up a murderess hill to back track my route,    I need to do more hills really so I shouldn't complain.

That'll keep you fit.
2-16 05:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can walk all day on the flat,  but I dont live somewhere thats very hilly so I dont get enough hill exercise.   Planning on a visit into the Lake District in a few months and thats very hilly.  
2-16 05:57
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-16 05:57
I can walk all day on the flat,  but I dont live somewhere thats very hilly so I dont get enough hill exercise.   Planning on a visit into the Lake District in a few months and thats very hilly.

That's a good workout.
2-16 06:46
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-15 22:25
Sounds like you are really upping your production value with this endeavour.

I have to say I at least have utilized my gear in a more versatile way in this one. So far, it has involved using the water-proof case, multiple LED panels (including one with programmable effects), a gooseneck mount, some small tripods and a separate audio recorder (Zoom H2n). Plus, of course, the Pocket 2 and it's wireless mic. So I could say this is a project I have taken in a kind of a more serious attitude (though the clip will have a lighthearted mood in it).
2-17 15:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-17 15:40
I have to say I at least have utilized my gear in a more versatile way in this one. So far, it has involved using the water-proof case, multiple LED panels (including one with programmable effects), a gooseneck mount, some small tripods and a separate audio recorder (Zoom H2n). Plus, of course, the Pocket 2 and it's wireless mic. So I could say this is a project I have taken in a kind of a more serious attitude (though the clip will have a lighthearted mood in it).

Sounds like you're working hard for this one.     Is it going to be a thing going forward these videos?  You implied I think that the first one was a one off.  
2-18 01:08
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-18 01:08
Sounds like you're working hard for this one.     Is it going to be a thing going forward these videos?  You implied I think that the first one was a one off.

I have given it some time and effort, I hope the end result will be worth it.

I thought the first one to be an one-off thing, but after my employer's sauna rooms went through a renovations, our boss insisted on making another video on it, and to especially bring the cups back. It also works as a kind of an ad for the cup collection as well. So who knows, maybe there are still some more to come along. But only time will tell.
2-19 14:30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-19 14:30
I have given it some time and effort, I hope the end result will be worth it.

I thought the first one to be an one-off thing, but after my employer's sauna rooms went through a renovations, our boss insisted on making another video on it, and to especially bring the cups back. It also works as a kind of an ad for the cup collection as well. So who knows, maybe there are still some more to come along. But only time will tell.

Is that common H?  To have saunas at work that is.   
2-20 02:10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-20 02:10
Is that common H?  To have saunas at work that is.

Well, while we employees do have the chance to have our own turns there, it is mostly meant for the visitors of the culture center. I don't think it is that usual to have saunas in workplaces here unless you work at a spa, a hotel center or similar place. Some very high-end workplaces could have them, if they have their own recreational areas for the workers to rest in. More often, they can be found at people's homes and summer cottages, some high-rises that have one shared sauna room for the residents to have their own reservations in and some shopping malls, public swimming pool buildings etc. There are also some specific public sauna rooms you can reserve your own turn in or which have public hours where you can take part in turns with other people of your own gender or, in some cases, mixed sauna reservations. Depends on the place and rules for each reservation.
2-21 12:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-21 12:35
Well, while we employees do have the chance to have our own turns there, it is mostly meant for the visitors of the culture center. I don't think it is that usual to have saunas in workplaces here unless you work at a spa, a hotel center or similar place. Some very high-end workplaces could have them, if they have their own recreational areas for the workers to rest in. More often, they can be found at people's homes and summer cottages, some high-rises that have one shared sauna room for the residents to have their own reservations in and some shopping malls, public swimming pool buildings etc. There are also some specific public sauna rooms you can reserve your own turn in or which have public hours where you can take part in turns with other people of your own gender or, in some cases, mixed sauna reservations. Depends on the place and rules for each reservation.

AH I see,  I assumed you had saunas like our offices have showers for people that cycle to work.
2-22 00:57
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 2-22 00:57
AH I see,  I assumed you had saunas like our offices have showers for people that cycle to work.

The showers aren't that common here in the workplaces, but for the places that do have those, it wouldn't be surprising to find saunas there as well.
2-24 03:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 2-24 03:03
The showers aren't that common here in the workplaces, but for the places that do have those, it wouldn't be surprising to find saunas there as well.

It's like you line in another country H.
2-24 03:10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice captures!
3-6 00:07
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hard to choose, but I feel the top down gets my votes.
This one would do great with a ND1000 filter I guess
3-6 00:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 00:08
Hard to choose, but I feel the top down gets my votes.
This one would do great with a ND1000 filter I guess

That top down was already a 12 second exposure.  
3-6 00:53
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 00:53
That top down was already a 12 second exposure.

Oh wow. I would have expected more motionblur then.
3-6 01:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 01:07
Oh wow. I would have expected more motionblur then.

You should have seen the non long exposure shots.  
3-6 01:34
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:34
You should have seen the non long exposure shots.

Did you do this in post? (like that multi blend exposure thing)
3-6 01:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 01:56
Did you do this in post? (like that multi blend exposure thing)

A combination of the New ND filter and about 18 AEB shots blended and then averaged.  
3-6 01:59
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 01:59
A combination of the New ND filter and about 18 AEB shots blended and then averaged.

Ah ok.
I  find that blending long exposures does not give smooth results. (the few times I tried)I had to mask in the longest exposure by hand.
3-6 02:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 02:12
Ah ok.
I  find that blending long exposures does not give smooth results. (the few times I tried)I had to mask in the longest exposure by hand.

Have a look at mean stacks in affinity,  it's different to just blending.  
3-6 02:25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 02:25
Have a look at mean stacks in affinity,  it's different to just blending.

Mean stacks?
3-6 03:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes.  Like average.
3-6 05:22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 05:22
Yes.  Like average.

I never noticed that. Where is it?
In the layer blending options?
3-6 05:31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 05:31
I never noticed that. Where is it?
In the layer blending options?

Have a look here - https://affinity.help/photo/en-U ... itle=Image%20stacks
3-6 06:21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 06:21
Have a look here - https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Stacking/stacks.html#&title=Image%20stacks

Ah check.
Made specifically for this.
3-6 06:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-6 06:23
Ah check.
Made specifically for this.

Indeed,   Ive not done it much in affinity but what I do find is that due to drone movement you will get some cropping as the layers are merged so best to give yourself some wiggle room if you want to use this method.  
3-6 06:27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-6 06:27
Indeed,   Ive not done it much in affinity but what I do find is that due to drone movement you will get some cropping as the layers are merged so best to give yourself some wiggle room if you want to use this method.

I have used stacks before (in fact, AEB merging is also a form of stacking, which loses some pixels on the edges if the images are not aligned perfectly) and use that very often (AEB merge)
3-6 06:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules