Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6621375 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 02:30
I found the one I want to get and bought it yesterday.   They are delivering it on Friday.  Now just have to rearrange a few items in the place where I want to put it.  Next - start looking for some meat sales. I've got a lead on where I can get a side of beef from but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet.

I have been thinking about buying a quarter of grass fed organic beef. My daugther did. She says it's great.
3-28 04:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-28 04:11
I have been thinking about buying a quarter of grass fed organic beef. My daugther did. She says it's great.

Go for it.  The butcher I like to use told me the "average" quarter will yield 100-130 pounds of cut, wrapped and frozen meat.  So you'd need about 10-11 cubic feet of freezer space.  
3-28 13:34
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 13:34
Go for it.  The butcher I like to use told me the "average" quarter will yield 100-130 pounds of cut, wrapped and frozen meat.  So you'd need about 10-11 cubic feet of freezer space.

That's quite a bit of meat
3-28 15:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-28 15:30
That's quite a bit of meat

It really is.  That's why I re-considered buying a side of beef and now will just get the quarter.  He said he has some Angus beef coming in first of next week so timing works out nicely.  I will have the freezer in place and ready to load it up.  
3-29 01:52
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 01:52
It really is.  That's why I re-considered buying a side of beef and now will just get the quarter.  He said he has some Angus beef coming in first of next week so timing works out nicely.  I will have the freezer in place and ready to load it up.

I just called a Butcher that I do videos for. He is going to get me a quarter of beef and some lamb that's grass fed and organic and I will split it with my daughter.
3-29 04:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:31
I just called a Butcher that I do videos for. He is going to get me a quarter of beef and some lamb that's grass fed and organic and I will split it with my daughter.

That was a great idea.  You can both benefit from the deal and eat healthier at the same time.  I eat mostly seafood but when I buy beef I try to ensure it is grass fed and never had hormones or steroids added to its diet.  
3-29 11:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 11:51
That was a great idea.  You can both benefit from the deal and eat healthier at the same time.  I eat mostly seafood but when I buy beef I try to ensure it is grass fed and never had hormones or steroids added to its diet.

That's the way to go.
3-29 14:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

One of my daughters is a trauma nurse in the Emergency Room and her best friend there is a Registered Dietician.  She schools me on eating healthy every time they come over for one of my cookouts.  So I've adopted a lot of what she tells me.  
3-30 04:00
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 02:30
I found the one I want to get and bought it yesterday.   They are delivering it on Friday.  Now just have to rearrange a few items in the place where I want to put it.  Next - start looking for some meat sales. I've got a lead on where I can get a side of beef from but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet.

It's a big commitment
3-30 10:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.
3-30 10:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Got the new freezer in and all level and running.  Looks kind of sad to have nothing in it yet.  
3-31 04:06
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 04:06
Got the new freezer in and all level and running.  Looks kind of sad to have nothing in it yet.

A full freezer is a happy freezer.
3-31 05:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 05:08
A full freezer is a happy freezer.

Hopefully, the butcher will give me a call Tuesday or Wednesday and tell me to come pick up my order.  

I'm doing a small seafood broil today.  It includes some fresh shrimp, crab meat, clams, potatoes, corn and sausage. I use a seafood broth and add in a little butter and lemon juice.  Makes for a tasty meal.   
3-31 05:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 05:56
Hopefully, the butcher will give me a call Tuesday or Wednesday and tell me to come pick up my order.  

I'm doing a small seafood broil today.  It includes some fresh shrimp, crab meat, clams, potatoes, corn and sausage. I use a seafood broth and add in a little butter and lemon juice.  Makes for a tasty meal.

Nice. That sounds great. I need to load up on some seafood. I love shellfish.
3-31 06:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 06:08
Nice. That sounds great. I need to load up on some seafood. I love shellfish.

Fortunately living so close to both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico we can usually get really fresh seafood daily and it is not too pricey.  Also provides a healthy dose of Omega 3.  Not sure why but I tend to sleep better after a meal that has lots of Omega 3 in it.  
3-31 07:00
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 07:00
Fortunately living so close to both the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico we can usually get really fresh seafood daily and it is not too pricey.  Also provides a healthy dose of Omega 3.  Not sure why but I tend to sleep better after a meal that has lots of Omega 3 in it.

I wish we had better access to seafood. When I was a kid there were docks in Brooklyn that brought fresh fish in every morning. That trade business has given way to farmed fish in supermarkets.
3-31 07:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 07:13
I wish we had better access to seafood. When I was a kid there were docks in Brooklyn that brought fresh fish in every morning. That trade business has given way to farmed fish in supermarkets.

About 7 miles from my property is a family that has a fish farm.  I found out about it one day when I was at the feed store picking up bags of food for my deer feeder.  The owner of the property invited me over to check out his fish farm.  It was quite the extensive aquaculture setup and they were raising carp, catfish, salmon and tilapia.  I tried some salmon from there but it has a totally different taste from wild salmon.  
3-31 07:33
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 07:33
About 7 miles from my property is a family that has a fish farm.  I found out about it one day when I was at the feed store picking up bags of food for my deer feeder.  The owner of the property invited me over to check out his fish farm.  It was quite the extensive aquaculture setup and they were raising carp, catfish, salmon and tilapia.  I tried some salmon from there but it has a totally different taste from wild salmon.

They are usually fed corn derivatives which are GMO modified. The disease can be rampant, but it's sustainable.
3-31 07:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 07:42
They are usually fed corn derivatives which are GMO modified. The disease can be rampant, but it's sustainable.

I asked about what they fed the fish but he wasn't too forthcoming.  I know some of what he feeds them as I saw the bags of feed while we were both at the feed store.  

It was interesting at how he had so many tanks.  They were set up by the date the fish eggs were layed.  The tanks are filtered and parts of the water is reclaimed for future use.  
3-31 07:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 07:51
I asked about what they fed the fish but he wasn't too forthcoming.  I know some of what he feeds them as I saw the bags of feed while we were both at the feed store.  

It was interesting at how he had so many tanks.  They were set up by the date the fish eggs were layed.  The tanks are filtered and parts of the water is reclaimed for future use.

It is a necessity today but since I went on this organic lifestyle I can't believe the difference in quality of life.
3-31 07:59
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 07:59
It is a necessity today but since I went on this organic lifestyle I can't believe the difference in quality of life.

Lots of truth in the marketing words of "eat healthy".
4-1 02:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules