Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6790850 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:30
He does say that after you do it a few times you do get used to it.

when the weather get's a little nicer I will push myself. Lately almost every day has been a dissapointment,
3-29 04:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:38
I ave forced myself out to a cloudy sky and use that as my excuse not to go.

I guess that would depend on the type of clouds.
3-29 04:40
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:31
I suspect that you hadn't prepared in advance for it anyway.

I'm watching the winds. That's enough to discourage anyone this month. It seems that before dawn the wind isgood andas soon as there's enough light the gusts are at 30mph.
3-29 04:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:40
when the weather get's a little nicer I will push myself. Lately almost every day has been a dissapointment,

I was disappointed this morning as I missed the best of the sunrise as I was just leaving the house,   but next week our clocks change so that will make things a bit easier for a while.  
3-29 04:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:41
I'm watching the winds. That's enough to discourage anyone this month. It seems that before dawn the wind isgood andas soon as there's enough light the gusts are at 30mph.

Im on the coast so we suffer from sea breezes where as the sun comes up the land and sea heat up at different rates and that causes a wind,   then as the sun sets the cooling effect reverses the wind.

3-29 04:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:40
I guess that would depend on the type of clouds.

You get good shots because you are always out there. You are a shining example that the early bird gets the worm.
3-29 04:43
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:41
I was disappointed this morning as I missed the best of the sunrise as I was just leaving the house,   but next week our clocks change so that will make things a bit easier for a while.

That's funny our clocks changed three weeks ago.
3-29 04:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:43
You get good shots because you are always out there. You are a shining example that the early bird gets the worm.

Thanks.  wether permitting I do try to get out most days,  and the ones I dont tend to kick me for missing something.   
3-29 04:45
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:43
Im on the coast so we suffer from sea breezes where as the sun comes up the land and sea heat up at different rates and that causes a wind,   then as the sun sets the cooling effect reverses the wind.

We go through something similar here. At sunrise the winds pick up and dies down at sunset. When I wnet to Florida it was just the opposite.
3-29 04:45
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:44
That's funny our clocks changed three weeks ago.

Yes I know too well,  before I gave up working I used to have a lot of conference calls with colleagues in Michigan,  and these 3 weeks were hell as they would be online that much earlier.   Although that was always better than the conference calls I had with China,  they especially dont go out of their way to accommodate TZ differences so everything had to be done on their time.
3-29 04:47
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:45
Thanks.  wether permitting I do try to get out most days,  and the ones I dont tend to kick me for missing something.

That's  good attitude.
3-29 04:47
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:47
Yes I know too well,  before I gave up working I used to have a lot of conference calls with colleagues in Michigan,  and these 3 weeks were hell as they would be online that much earlier.   Although that was always better than the conference calls I had with China,  they especially dont go out of their way to accommodate TZ differences so everything had to be done on their time.

They are trying to do away with the time change here.  It never happens though.
3-29 04:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:45
We go through something similar here. At sunrise the winds pick up and dies down at sunset. When I wnet to Florida it was just the opposite.

Florida must be an odd one as it's flanked by sea on both sides.   This image probably explains it better than my ramble.

3-29 04:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:48
They are trying to do away with the time change here.  It never happens though.

Yes I thought Id heard the house at passed a bill to scrap it but then I never heard it happened.
3-29 04:49
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:48
Florida must be an odd one as it's flanked by sea on both sides.   This image probably explains it better than my ramble.

The weather pattern really caught me by surprise, because we all seem to wait for the sunrise or sunset for good light and wind. This does explain it.
3-29 05:14
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 04:49
Yes I thought Id heard the house at passed a bill to scrap it but then I never heard it happened.

They propose it but it never goes through. It's time has come. Most farmers work through dawn and into the evening now because the machinery is lit.
3-29 05:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 05:20
They propose it but it never goes through. It's time has come. Most farmers work through dawn and into the evening now because the machinery is lit.

I see,  the Sunshine Protection Act passed the Senate but never passed the house.  But then have they passed anything in a while.

We only started doing daylight saving here in WW1 to save energy for the war effort.
3-29 06:15
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 06:15
I see,  the Sunshine Protection Act passed the Senate but never passed the house.  But then have they passed anything in a while.

We only started doing daylight saving here in WW1 to save energy for the war effort.

We aren't getting much done lately.
3-29 09:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-29 03:35
The ironic thing here is banks are closing their branches all of the place permanently.  Which is fine now you can pay cheques in with a photo of them but that doesnt help the oldies.

They've been talking going check-free for a while but there is a lot of push back by the senior crowd.  
3-29 11:36
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 11:36
They've been talking going check-free for a while but there is a lot of push back by the senior crowd.

We cant use cheques here in shops any more,   they are really only used privately or by companies/HMRC that issue refunds.   Long gone are the days when you could write a cheque in the store.
3-30 01:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-30 01:07
We cant use cheques here in shops any more,   they are really only used privately or by companies/HMRC that issue refunds.   Long gone are the days when you could write a cheque in the store.

I can't even remember the last time I wrote a check.  As a matter of fact I'm not even sure where my check book is.  
3-30 04:21
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
Canada

Spiffing, sir!
3-30 04:54
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, great job!
3-30 12:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-30 04:21
I can't even remember the last time I wrote a check.  As a matter of fact I'm not even sure where my check book is.

lol. Mines in the filling cabinet,   but like you I dont recall last time I used it.  
3-31 00:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers,  I was lucky to get that shot as time was not on my side.
3-31 01:13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 01:13
Cheers,  I was lucky to get that shot as time was not on my side.

You're welcome!
3-31 04:22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 00:38
lol. Mines in the filling cabinet,   but like you I dont recall last time I used it.

I had to do some searching but I finally found it in my mini-safe.  Last check written was Jun 14, 2019.
3-31 04:39
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 04:39
I had to do some searching but I finally found it in my mini-safe.  Last check written was Jun 14, 2019.

Last time I was win California it was very confusing about which cards were accepted and where,  seemed that just because you had a Visa card and they had a visa sign didnt mean it would work,  and then they had these weird things at the tills with a digital screen you had to sign,     whereas here you just touch and go.
3-31 23:09
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:09
Last time I was win California it was very confusing about which cards were accepted and where,  seemed that just because you had a Visa card and they had a visa sign didnt mean it would work,  and then they had these weird things at the tills with a digital screen you had to sign,     whereas here you just touch and go.

Many of the machines are still either insert the card or slide the card.  I prefer the newer ones of tap and go myself.  
4-1 03:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 03:38
Many of the machines are still either insert the card or slide the card.  I prefer the newer ones of tap and go myself.

I have a few cards where they dont have the mag stripe on the back or the card details printed on them in full to stop them being copied.
4-1 06:19
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 05:27
Yes but there are so many of her.  ;)

That is true indeed, even our town has a church that is called the Saint Mary's church
4-1 08:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-1 06:19
I have a few cards where they dont have the mag stripe on the back or the card details printed on them in full to stop them being copied.

That's a really secure and safe way to do the cards.  They recently found a couple of card skimmers at a local gas station.  So these scammers never give up.  
4-1 08:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-1 08:23
That is true indeed, even our town has a church that is called the Saint Mary's church

You'd think they'd at least use a local language version of the name.
4-2 02:25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-1 08:35
That's a really secure and safe way to do the cards.  They recently found a couple of card skimmers at a local gas station.  So these scammers never give up.

Thats one reason I like Apple Pay as it uses a unique set of numbers everytime that can only be used once.
4-2 02:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 02:29
Thats one reason I like Apple Pay as it uses a unique set of numbers everytime that can only be used once.

That's a very secure system then.  
4-2 03:06
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-2 03:06
That's a very secure system then.

It has its issues but thats mostly to do with banks activating new devices when they shouldn't.   But thats a not the story.
4-2 03:49
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 03:49
It has its issues but thats mostly to do with banks activating new devices when they shouldn't.   But thats a not the story.

I prefer to use a credit union vice a commercial bank.  I get better customer service from the credit union that I use vice the bank I also use (but only rarely).  
4-2 09:27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 02:25
You'd think they'd at least use a local language version of the name.

Well, we have the name in our native language, I just translated it in English here In Finnish, it is known as Pyhän Marian kirkko.
4-18 12:51
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 4-18 12:51
Well, we have the name in our native language, I just translated it in English here  In Finnish, it is known as Pyhän Marian kirkko.

Ah gotcha.   Im not sure how I feel about translating names.    It's a curious idea.  
4-18 22:02
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 22:02
Ah gotcha.   Im not sure how I feel about translating names.    It's a curious idea.

There certainly are situations where something literally gets lost in translation, but some other times, the translations completely nail it, and even may bring a curious twist on their own into the mix without sacrificing the contextual tones.
4-26 13:34
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules