1042 45 7-1 05:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vid3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 401171 ft
Poland

A tragic end.
But it's still interesting that you didn't have any signal dropouts.
For me, the signal level disappears when I fly behind trees.
7-4 13:49
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 15086289 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

vid3 Posted at 7-4 13:49
A tragic end.
But it's still interesting that you didn't have any signal dropouts.
For me, the signal level disappears when I fly behind trees.

i cut out that part from the beginning - when at the top I went on up a bit and was in the red
7-4 21:48
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Further analysis has now shown that there were probably some water droplets accumulated on the downward visual positioning. This was the result of flying thru the mist in the falls which would be the probable cause of loosing downward vision positioning. The GPS alone is not good enough to manage the height with an accuracy of ±0.5 m compared to ±0.1 m with VPS active. This was the reason why the drone would not react to the stick inputs when trying to pull up.
7-8 02:30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 7-8 02:30
Further analysis has now shown that there were probably some water droplets accumulated on the downward visual positioning. This was the result of flying thru the mist in the falls which would be the probable cause of loosing downward vision positioning. The GPS alone is not good enough to manage the height with an accuracy of ±0.5 m compared to ±0.1 m with VPS active. This was the reason why the drone would not react to the stick inputs when trying to pull up.

"The GPS alone is not good enough to manage the height with an accuracy of ±0.5 m"  
As far as I know DJI do not utilise GPS for height calculations in ANY of their consumer drones. The only source of height information is the barometer and the VPS IR sensing.

"This was the reason why the drone would not react to the stick inputs when trying to pull up." Is that guess work or have you seen something in the flight logs ? If the latter perhaps you could make the log available here.
See
https://app.airdata.com/wiki/Help/DJI+Avata%2C+Avata+2
7-8 03:49
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-8 03:49
"The GPS alone is not good enough to manage the height with an accuracy of ±0.5 m"  
As far as I know DJI do not utilise GPS for height calculations in ANY of their consumer drones. The only source of height information is the barometer and the VPS IR sensing.

Knock yourself out
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=310947#pid3360830
7-8 05:32
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is that meant to show?

There is nothing there that shows that GPS plays any part in the measurement of height, in fact quite the reverse, the warning messages say that GPS is unavailable which goes to prove that height measurements do not stem from GPS.
The data that you show is, I think, an excerpt from the notifications tab of an Airdata log.
That being the case
1) the columns displayed are, from left to right, flight time, height  ( as determined by barometer ) , distance from the home point, notification type, and the notification message.
2) Why not make the page public so that the log can be examined ?

7-8 06:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules