HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) p4pro?
7129 47 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-2 13:09
No, but it means "PRESS ME IF MAX BRIGHTNESS STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!"

It makes the screen get even cr ...

Aloha Flies,

Yeah, this lady developed something like that a few years ago.  I never thought I would eventually be a beneficiary of it in this way.  I think she sold early versions of it for the Fire or some other reading tablet for reading in bright sunlight.

The CrystalSky 7.85 will have two options for screen brightness.  One model will have 1000 cd/m2 and another model will have 2000 cd/m2.  Your model of the basic screen is supposed to have 1000 cd/m2.  Can you imagine what the 2000 cd/m2 will look like!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-2
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.2
United States

Installed the HDMI module on newly arrived P4 Pro.  Install was fairly easy.  Unfortunately, after about 5 hours of troubleshooting with support, I was unable to connect.  They are sending return information.  If you get this, don't install immediately.
I put the original USB back in.  Cranked right up.  Hopefully a firmware update can fix this.
2016-12-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ZOMBEE Posted at 2016-12-3 10:27
Installed the HDMI module on newly arrived P4 Pro.  Install was fairly easy.  Unfortunately, after a ...

Aloha ZOMBEE,

BTW, click on the Reply to the bottom right of the comment box to alert the correspondent of your message.  I was lucky to find this.

Please keep me posted on developments with this effort.  I just got my P4 Remote Controller back from DJI (RTH button failure) and tried to reinstall my HDMI module and the USB port failed to work.  I have replaced the HDMI module with the USB module that came back with the Remote Controller and updated the Remote Controller to current status tonight.  If it is not storming tomorrow, I will try to fly that configuration.  If things go well, I will try to install the HDMI module again to see if it will work.

Now, please realize this one I am working on is a P4, not a P4 Pro.  But, who knows, This may apply to the P4 Pro.  Anyway, you are doing the best you can under the circumstances.  This is new technology and almost no phone tech has worked on this problem yet.  They will work on the possible problems involved overnight and by the next time you contact them, they will have a protocol for dealing with it.

From what I do know, and this is what I am trying to do, is you have to get your Phantom working properly first.  Then you install the new HDMI module.  After that, you need to reinstall the Remote Controller firmware.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-3
Use props
chocoski
lvl.1

Poland

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-3 12:35
Aloha ZOMBEE,

BTW, click on the Reply to the bottom right of the comment box to alert the co ...

Hello Cetacean,

I have currently same issue. My USB port in HDMI module doesn't work at all.

I have switched to original one and it works flawless.

I am using P4 PRO.

Best,
Pawel
2016-12-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

chocoski Posted at 2016-12-4 02:38
Hello Cetacean,

I have currently same issue. My USB port in HDMI module doesn't work at all.

Aloha chocoski,

OK, this is interesting.  You may have to reinstall the remote controller firmware.  After some tests today, I will be trying to do so.  (There is finally some flying weather!)  

There are two ways, the upper right hand corner icon on the intro white page (hold for 5 seconds or more) and through the Assistant 2 using the Assistant 2 version available for download on the P4 Pro downloads page.  (Mine is the existing one on the P4 page.)  You may have to look up some information on how to use the Assistant 2 to reinstall the RC firmware with the P4 Pro.  If all fails, you can ask a DJI-Team member here on the forum, or use the Chat (or Phone) support function (not email, it takes too long).

Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-3
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-3 14:09
Aloha chocoski,

OK, this is interesting.  You may have to reinstall the remote controller firmware.  After some tests today, I will be trying to do so.  (There is finally some flying weather!)  

Got everything working with the original module, flew a while, tried HDMI again.  No good.  Sold it to a buddy at work and I will wait for the ClearSky which should have an HDMI out for FPV right?  Any general idea when this will be available?  Nothing on the website, but I would like to FPV while I am young.
2016-12-5
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ZOMBEE Posted at 2016-12-6 12:37
Got everything working with the original module, flew a while, tried HDMI again.  No good.  Sold it to a buddy at work and I will wait for the ClearSky which should have an HDMI out for FPV right?  Any general idea when this will be available?  Nothing on the website, but I would like to FPV while I am young.

My HDMI from my P4 was working on the P4P until the remote requested a firmware upgrade. After that it will not connect to the iPad. put the original back in and it works. So the problem is the new firmware GRRRR....
2016-12-5
Use props
chocoski
lvl.1

Poland

ZOMBEE Posted at 2016-12-6 05:37

Hi Zombee,

yesterday I was finally able to put life in my HDMI module (newest RC firmware made this possible).
Now everything works just fine.

PH4 Pro + models (with clearsky screens) are already available (at least in EU).

Regards

2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules